• 2 Post By HouseMouse
  • 4 Post By WifeSaidOK
  • 2 Post By Drifterbike
  • 2 Post By BillieS
  • 2 Post By HouseMouse
  • 1 Post By HouseMouse
  • 1 Post By 69project
  • 2 Post By HouseMouse

Thread: Need some measurments...(Sounds Dirty)

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    07-21-2019 @ 07:38 AM
    Thanks

Need some measurments...(Sounds Dirty)

The plan is to move from the Land of Petrified Potatoes back to Texas soon. We will doing the move ourselves with an enclosed Auto trailer. First trip will be furniture, household items.... The usual. The second trip will be the 1026R, Attachments, tools etc.. the heavy stuff. We are still snowed in here and the 260BH is not co-located with the 26R, other than that I would like a measurement. Later this month, we will be down in occupied territory viewing enclosed trailers and would like to have a measurement in hand to help with the decisions on trailer length on how to pack and load. Things to ponder.

I know the Curtis Cab will have to be removed to get the height down so that is not an issue so to speak. My question here is.... With the 260BH installed and locked in the transport position, Loader Bucket attached.... What is the estimated length of this set up? "If" I need to remove the bucket that is an option also, but, would like to keep it on. Looking at a 20' Enclosed Auto Trailer....10,000 GVW.

Additional items to factor. A Honda ATV, Generator, Box Blade, Curtis Cab, Cracker Box, Medium sized Tool Box.... Other miscellaneous items.

If we come up short on the first load, I will fill the trailer with tools, ATV, or anything else to free up space on the second trip.
    Levi and BigJim55 like this.
    2017 Ford F350, 6.7, DRW, 4x4.

1026R with block heater and Curtis Cab, iMatch, Ken's Bolt on Hooks combo, 54" Front Mount snow blower, 60" MMM, H-120 FEL, Ballast Box, 100Lbs wheel weights, BB2048, sprayer with 7' boom, Front Mount HeavyHitch, John Deere tow behind spreader, 260 Backhoe With BXPanded Thumbs, Bro-Tek 1.5" Spacers.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:55 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HouseMouse View Post
    The plan is to move from the Land of Petrified Potatoes back to Texas soon. We will doing the move ourselves with an enclosed Auto trailer. First trip will be furniture, household items.... The usual. The second trip will be the 1026R, Attachments, tools etc.. the heavy stuff. We are still snowed in here and the 260BH is not co-located with the 26R, other than that I would like a measurement. Later this month, we will be down in occupied territory viewing enclosed trailers and would like to have a measurement in hand to help with the decisions on trailer length on how to pack and load. Things to ponder.

I know the Curtis Cab will have to be removed to get the height down so that is not an issue so to speak. My question here is.... With the 260BH installed and locked in the transport position, Loader Bucket attached.... What is the estimated length of this set up? "If" I need to remove the bucket that is an option also, but, would like to keep it on. Looking at a 20' Enclosed Auto Trailer....10,000 GVW.

Additional items to factor. A Honda ATV, Generator, Box Blade, Curtis Cab, Cracker Box, Medium sized Tool Box.... Other miscellaneous items.

If we come up short on the first load, I will fill the trailer with tools, ATV, or anything else to free up space on the second trip.
    I don't have an exact measurement to give you, but I can tell you that my 1025 TLB is right around 16' with everything attached (FEL and BH).
    Levi, OxPath, BigJim55 and 1 others like this.
    2016 1025R TLB (Marshawn) with Piranha tooth bar
    HLA 42" Forks
    Frontier LR2060L Landscape rake
    2019 X370 mowing machine with snowblower attachment
    County Line 3 point log splitter (Mr. Splitty)
    Cyclone Rake super sucker
    Stihl MS-271 chain saw
    Stihl KM-56 Kombi powerhead, string trimmer, pole saw, articulating hedge trimmer
    Stihl BR430 backpack blower
    1998 Yamaha 4-stroke golf car (Tedy Bruschi)

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:40 AM
    Thanks
    Just a suggestion-- Why not rent a Uhaul car trailer and haul the tractor with the cab still installed. they are pretty cheap to rent and will save the work of removing the cab and can leave back hoe on also.
    etcallhome and Levi like this.
    2018 2038R 220R FEL, 72" Mower, Radial tires, wheel spacers, dual rear SVCs, CtA grapple, single point for FEL, 60" broom with front hitch;2018 1025R 54"auto connect, HDAP tires, Quick Hitch, Ballast Box, Etc...;1967 1020 3cylinder gas, #47 FEL, 72" Landpride Grooming Mower, 6ft box blade, For Sale(no Hurry); life Member NRA since 1974

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 12:58 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HouseMouse View Post

It will fit. I hauled my 1026 around with bucket and BH on a 16' trailer with some small room to spare. I would load what you can in the front bucket to use that space up. Put what you can under the tractor and under the BH. This should free some space up on the floor. Other Misc items I would place on the seat of the tractor or raise the seat and strap down what you can. You should be able to put the BB on the sides. The ATV I am not sure of, unless you place it in the truck.
    Levi and Jep like this.
    2019 3046r, 385A BH, FEL, JD Ballist box, 6' 3pt hitch rake, 4 way 48" snow blade, 7' 3pt hitch drag blade
    Zero turn Z445, 5' 3pt hitch woods mower, 42" Artillian Pallet forks W/Adapter for snow plow, Standard 3pt hitch receiver to move trailers.
    I haul the tractor with a 2015 2500HD Chevrolet Silverado 4X4 6.6L Duramax W/Allison transmission a 2013 18' 7500lb dove tail trailer made by Appilachian trailers.
    Stihl MS271 Farm Boss Chain Saw 18" blade, Piranha Bar.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Drifterbike View Post
    Just a suggestion-- Why not rent a Uhaul car trailer and haul the tractor with the cab still installed. they are pretty cheap to rent and will save the work of removing the cab and can leave back hoe on also.
    Sorry for not giving enough info.... The intent is to make only two trips. The U-Haul is an option we talked of, but, not going to work this time around.
    Levi and Drifterbike like this.

1026R with block heater and Curtis Cab, iMatch, Ken's Bolt on Hooks combo, 54" Front Mount snow blower, 60" MMM, H-120 FEL, Ballast Box, 100Lbs wheel weights, BB2048, sprayer with 7' boom, Front Mount HeavyHitch, John Deere tow behind spreader, 260 Backhoe With BXPanded Thumbs, Bro-Tek 1.5" Spacers.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to HouseMouse For This Useful Post:

Drifterbike (04-04-2017)

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BillieS View Post
    It will fit. I hauled my 1026 around with bucket and BH on a 16' trailer with some small room to spare. I would load what you can in the front bucket to use that space up. Put what you can under the tractor and under the BH. This should free some space up on the floor. Other Misc items I would place on the seat of the tractor or raise the seat and strap down what you can. You should be able to put the BB on the sides. The ATV I am not sure of, unless you place it in the truck.
    Exactly what I was thinking or at least along those lines.
    Levi likes this.

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:02 PM
    Thanks
    House Mouse, Hopefully you will be ok once you leave Witness Protection for Texas

One thing you could do is get a couple of etrack sections and load bars to put in your trailer. You can make a deck above you tractor to put other things on.

A track - 8' E track - Galvanized 8' E-track - Horizontal a track

85" Adjustable Aluminum Shoring Beam - Extends to 95' - 4 Pack
    2007 2305, New to Me 12/15
    62c MMM, Independent Mid Lift
    H130 FEL, Heavy Hitch, , IMatch, Ken's Bolt on Hooks,
    N1 Sunshade, 48" Flex Hitch King Kutter,
    72" CTA Snow Pusher, CIDAttachments Forks
    LP 60” Grader Scrapper, R2 Edge Tamers
    Hitch'N Can

11. Top | #8

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:20 AM
    Thanks
    I have a 28 foot enclosed Haulmark and have done many moves with it since I bought it in 2007. I would not get anything shorter and if I had to it would be a 24 foot (only because they are just a little easier to manage in a parking lot).

I have a hauled my 2210 plenty of times. It doesn't have a back hoe so not sure what the length is somewhere around 14 feet maybe. Generally 76 inches tall is the magic number to be under. You will hit the torsion bar for the ramp as you load. That is usually the lowest part of the trailer. Once you get in you have more height unless you have a roof top A/C.

With the 28 foot you get a 4 foot section up front that is great for putting stuff and then you can still comfortably load whatever vehicle you are moving.

A couple of things to consider for a cross country trip. Get two spare tires. Trailer tires these days are complete junk. Also get one of these:

https://trailerparts.com/trailer-aid...ck-yellow.html It make changing a tire on the side of the road with a tandem axle trailer a cinch. Generally a floor jack is not gonna get it with a fully loaded trailer and the little hydraulic jacks are a PIA, especially on the side of the road.

Also get one of these and an extra battery. Klutch® 12 Volt Heavy-Duty Air Inflator — 120 PSI, 2.1 CFM | Inflators| Northern Tool + Equipment you never know when your trailer tires may leak down and need air. Rare is the truck stop/fuel station that has a an air compressor you can pull up too or have work.

Personally I would buy the biggest enclosed trailer you can afford and pull rather based on the size of your JD. Lastly get a weight distribution hitch, makes a huge difference in how that trailer will pull. Good luck with your move. I hope I am done with them. I have moved 14 times in the past 26 years courtesy of Uncle Sugar...I am about maxed out on that little adventure/task.
    Levi likes this.

12. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 69project View Post
    I have a 28 foot enclosed Haulmark and have done many moves with it since I bought it in 2007. I would not get anything shorter and if I had to it would be a 24 foot (only because they are just a little easier to manage in a parking lot).

I have a hauled my 2210 plenty of times. It doesn't have a back hoe so not sure what the length is somewhere around 14 feet maybe. Generally 76 inches tall is the magic number to be under. You will hit the torsion bar for the ramp as you load. That is usually the lowest part of the trailer. Once you get in you have more height unless you have a roof top A/C.

With the 28 foot you get a 4 foot section up front that is great for putting stuff and then you can still comfortably load whatever vehicle you are moving.

A couple of things to consider for a cross country trip. Get two spare tires. Trailer tires these days are complete junk. Also get one of these:

https://trailerparts.com/trailer-aid...ck-yellow.html It make changing a tire on the side of the road with a tandem axle trailer a cinch. Generally a floor jack is not gonna get it with a fully loaded trailer and the little hydraulic jacks are a PIA, especially on the side of the road.

Also get one of these and an extra battery. Klutch® 12 Volt Heavy-Duty Air Inflator — 120 PSI, 2.1 CFM | Inflators| Northern Tool + Equipment you never know when your trailer tires may leak down and need air. Rare is the truck stop/fuel station that has a an air compressor you can pull up too or have work.

Personally I would buy the biggest enclosed trailer you can afford and pull rather based on the size of your JD. Lastly get a weight distribution hitch, makes a huge difference in how that trailer will pull. Good luck with your move. I hope I am done with them. I have moved 14 times in the past 26 years courtesy of Uncle Sugar...I am about maxed out on that little adventure/task.
    Yup, this is our last non-Goobermint move also. Going with the Inflator also. Going to spend some time down in Occupied Territory shortly and will shop. Trailers are not cheap around these parts.
    bhill and Levi like this.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements