Like Tree130Likes

Thread: Triton 30 ft. Aluminum tri-axle trailer

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:52 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,358 Times in 1,063 Posts

Triton 30 ft. Aluminum tri-axle trailer

hello--my youngest boy weld's for a living-he just loves it. me-eh!

he picked up this job sometime late last fall. evenlo-this trailer wasn't gonna fit into his GARAGE, length wise. i knew nothing about it, till i saw it at his place one weekend. i said where u fine this junker at. aw-well u see i'm rebuilding it. i said -where outside-no dad-i thought maybe since u don't go outside no more in the winter, u know-cough-we could back it in ur shop how the heck do ya tell ur kid no-when he's right i'm not going out in the cold no more if i don't really have to.

so he started working on it-tore the old marine plywood off one weekend-took note of what materials was needed.

next week-aw-wait-when it came one axle was missing-yelp-gone. had to tear old one out, take to trailer shop to make sure to get same kind.

lot's grinding welding-all kind of good stuff-waited almost 7 weeks for the axle to come in. had to rewire entire trailer.

today the floor was reinstalled-2/10's-2-2/12's-outside edge-and 2-2/6's all treated-and left with a 8 penny nail crack screwed down with 3 inch some crazy word of a screw-his buddy and him used this kind when he worked at the trucking company rebuilding trailers.
    so here's a couple of badpics i remembered to snap at the last moment.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170423_163501_Burst01.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	352954Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170423_163504.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	1.81 MB 
ID:	352962

now for u snowmobiler's out their-i 'm sure u have seen such a trailer-me nope. every weld on the frame rails was badly cracked with age. it has tighten up very good, but dang, the amount of spools of wire to get it to this point-i-yi-yi.. the owner is going to haul lightweight panels on this thing. but at 30 ft-i got to thinking-if i had one like it-heck i could load jsut about every attachment i got-plus my tractor-and have room to eat my lunch too.
    it's weighted gross is 10,000lbs. have no idea what it's light weight is now. supposedly it came from factory with 3/4 inch marine plywood. checked on that price--wasn't more than a couple of bucks going either way.

p.s.-it would of been done a month ago i'm sure of that. but the boy's company made him work straight thru for one month, no days off in that time period, to roll out one of them great big oil-fracking tanks. laying on their side-their over 14 ft high. too darn high for me. thats for sure.
    jim

2006 2520 mcut, 2004 x475, 1953 model 50, 1985 318-was my Dad's,
    king kutter tiller-60", frontier-stone rake, jd-4ft brush hog, frontier-6ft back-blade, frontier-forks, 48 inch forks,
    2-54inch jd snow plows, jd-5ft-pull brush hog,

2018 835R gas model gator-"aka" the Cadillac i say!! 6ft jd snow plow-which already has a dtac out on it. i got just about everything on it i could at the time

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BigJim55 For This Useful Post:

Marlin (04-23-2017)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:04 PM
    Thanks
    Those axles are too far apart. I have never seen a trailer with the axles that far apart.

Dave
    mjncad, Levi, BigJim55 and 3 others like this.
    JD 4066R CAB
    JD H180 FEL with SSQA brackets, JD iMatch, JD Ballast Box & ext, JD pull behind seed spreader
    Frontier RB2196H 8 ft rear blade/hyd angle, Frontier BB1065 Box Blade, Befco 3pt 110 inch RFM
    48" pallet forks, KK 3pt Boom Pole, Northern Tool 3pt middle buster, 2 bottom Dearborn plow
    County Line post hole digger, Rhino 3pt 10ft brush hog, Land Pride 8ft rock rake
    Fit Rite Hydraulics 3pt Top Link, front 3pt adapter for SSQA, 7 1/2 ft Field Roller, 8ft Dearborn tandem disk

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ddinham View Post
    Those axles are too far apart. I have never seen a trailer with the axles that far apart.

Dave
    heck-i never saw a 3 axle trailer like this before in my life. big trailers, lowboys yeah-but not these.

nope the holes for the axle mounts are where Triton put them at. never been welded over, and redrilled-i have been watching this deal the whole way thru.

all the info we got was it was built for snowmobiling - what yr-i dkfor sure. the fella told my boy, he was told it would hold eight sleds- just thought i'dl post some pics-ok. i wanta see what Superglidersport has to say about this thing-or RDPYS up in Maine.
    Last edited by BigJim55; 04-23-2017 at 09:58 PM.
    jim

king kutter tiller-60", frontier-stone rake, jd-4ft brush hog, frontier-6ft back-blade, frontier-forks, 48 inch forks,

2018 835R gas model gator-"aka" the Cadillac i say!! 6ft jd snow plow-which already has a dtac out on it. i got just about everything on it i could at the time

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:04 PM
    Thanks
    I also do not know that I have ever seen a straight trailer (bumper pull) with 3 axles. Last year, I ran across a guy at a swap meet with a 30ft straight trailer, but it had 2 axles. That is the only 30ft straight trailer that I have actually seen prior to the one you posted. Needless to say, at least in my opinion, this trailer is a little different than the run of the mill trailer.

Dave
    JD 4066R CAB
    JD H180 FEL with SSQA brackets, JD iMatch, JD Ballast Box & ext, JD pull behind seed spreader
    Frontier RB2196H 8 ft rear blade/hyd angle, Frontier BB1065 Box Blade, Befco 3pt 110 inch RFM
    48" pallet forks, KK 3pt Boom Pole, Northern Tool 3pt middle buster, 2 bottom Dearborn plow
    County Line post hole digger, Rhino 3pt 10ft brush hog, Land Pride 8ft rock rake
    Fit Rite Hydraulics 3pt Top Link, front 3pt adapter for SSQA, 7 1/2 ft Field Roller, 8ft Dearborn tandem disk

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ddinham View Post
    I also do not know that I have ever seen a straight trailer (bumper pull) with 3 axles. Last year, I ran across a guy at a swap meet with a 30ft straight trailer, but it had 2 axles. That is the only 30ft straight trailer that I have actually seen prior to the one you posted. Needless to say, at least in my opinion, this trailer is a little different than the run of the mill trailer.

Dave
    can u believe the hitch's size ball was only a 2 inch-boy's changing that out to a 2 and 5/16's

sitting out their watching them-i kinda really wanted to take this off the owner's hand's.
    1) it's a high deck
    2)i wanted to add a set of air bags to the rear axle, so u could dump the air on turn's. heck it scuffed the front, and rear axle just turning in my driveway.

the owner bought this at a auction-somewhere-supposedly for a $1,000. he's gonna have another $3,000 in it till it's done. way to cheap of a job, i made my boy get enough angle iron(aluminum) to box the wheel wells out-heck-someone changed the tire size out, so they just hacksawed the cross members off above the tires., so the bigger size won't hit the crossmembers their.

the owner wasn't to happy about that-i told him-hey-u go down the road-have a wreck-someone gets killed-where do u think the last ball is gonna land. ur paying the boy for the change order-or whatever u call it. what's right is right. now that sidewall is really strong down the whole side. before it looked like giz when he was young, drunk, and trying to fine his way back to his ship.
    Levi and Robnik like this.
    jim

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:01 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,577 Times in 989 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJim55 View Post
    heck-i never saw a 3 axle trailer like this before in my life. big trailers, lowboys yeah-but not these.

nope the holes for the axle mounts are where Triton put them at. never been welded over, and redrilled-i have been watching this deal the whole way thru.

all the info we got was it was built for snowmobiling - what yr-i dkfor sure. the fella told my boy, he was told it would hold eight sleds- just thought i'dl post some pics-ok. i wanta see what Superglidersport has to say about this thing-or RDPYS up in Maine.
    Big Jim,

I have seen some long RV flatbeds over the years. That axle spread looks about right for a long wheelbase trailer. Lightly loaded and generally being pulled by a light SUV. The long axle spread helps to keep it going straight down the road and reduces sway. They're generally lightly loaded so some tire scrub when turning or backing is minimal.
    Gizmo2, DRobinson, Levi and 5 others like this.
    John Deere 3320
    eHydro, R4's, 300CX Loader, 61" HD Bucket
    JD Tooth Bar, Deluxe Hood Guard, Ken's Bolt-on Hooks
    485 Backhoe w. 18" HD Bucket
    Mid-PTO, Front 3 Point Hitch, 366 Front Blade
    Tarter 5' 3PH Tiller
    Frontier AP12F Forks

John Deere 2032R
    R3's, 220R Loader, 57" HD Bucket
    Curtis Hard Side Cab & Heater
    62D Deck, iMatch Quick Hitch
    54 Snowblower
    Super HeavyHitch
    Little Wonder "Optimax" & JRCO Blower Buggy
    Fimco 60 Gallon 3PH Boomless Sprayer w. PTO Pump

10. Top | #7

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:33 AM
    Thanks
    Jim,

Were there three axles when he got it? It might be worth pulling the model number off of the tongue and looking it up because I would expect that trailer was meant to have TWO axles but you would be able to choose where they were mounted (based on how you loaded it).
    BigJim55 and Robnik like this.
    ---

2011 JD 2520 with 200cx loader, 61" materials bucket, and Artillian JDQA Pallet Forks (42" forks). 62D MMM, ballast box, turfs, and loaded rears.

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:49 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,714 Times in 1,179 Posts
    I'm sure they can be purchased with 3 axles.
    Here's one for sale in Ontario.

The 3 axle spread is to transfer the load throughout the trailer length.

Michael

'84 JD 750
    '08 JD Z445
    '71 JD 15 Chainsaw
    And a bunch of other stuff.

" If there's no one around to smell me, do I really stink"?
    - John Wells - Brewster County, West Texas.

12. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:21 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,654 Times in 1,086 Posts
    I've seen several three axle trailers like that hauling snowmobiles out here.
    Gizmo2, bhill, Levi and 3 others like this.
    -Blake

Your mileage may vary.

JD 6410
    Some other stuff

YouTube- Life in Wyoming

13. Top | #10

Last Online
    08-11-2019 @ 10:15 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 56FordGuy View Post
    I've seen several three axle trailers like that hauling snowmobiles out here.
    Yep used to be common here in MN when we still had snow enough for sleds.

And I don't mean a few months ago... All my sledding friends have given up... too expensive of toys to have sit so long when we have so many mild winters
    Last edited by mn1025rfilb; 04-24-2017 at 09:07 AM.
    bhill, Levi, BigJim55 and 3 others like this.
    2015 1025r FILB (H120 49" w/piranha bar & KBOGHs, 60" Auto-connect MMM)
    Artillian Frame, Forks, Grapple and Diverter
    BB2060 Frontier Box Blade
    PB1001 Frontier 1 Bottom Turning Plow
    54" JD Snow Blower
    647JD Tiller
    LP1160 land plane
    Tektite Backhoe cab

Just need a Wallenstein Chipper and... I'm sure I'll think of something more

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast