• 4 Post By Jep

Thread: Solar charger mount

1. Top | #1
    Jep

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:08 AM
    Thanks

Solar charger mount

This thread is based on the work of nikdfish and his post "Bought the wife a dump trailer". He did all of the real design work. I have modified it to fit my needs. I store my trailer in the yard, facing any direction I drop it, when not in use. Best results for solar cells is south facing. Hence a moveable mounted device. I have noticed that I am always removing dirt, mulch, sticks and twigs from the top of the front control/ battery box. I need a removable system. I also hate to drill holes in a flat waterproof lid. I added some angle brackets to shed rain and face the sun. For mounting I added 2 harbor freight magnets ($ 4.99). Lastly I wanted to be able to remove the entire system when using the trailer, hence the battery spring clamps. . I will add a inline fuse this week. Need the dump trailer, hook up , open lid, unhook from the battery, remove the entire solar system. Thank you nikdfish for your design idea, parts sources and construction details.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1373.JPG   IMG_1414.JPG   IMG_1413.JPG   IMG_1374.JPG  
    Kennyd, OxPath, blue87fj60 and 1 others like this.
    1025R TLB 54D MM, Imatch Quick hitch, BB, Ken's bolt on hooks, Piranha Tooth Bar, 36" Artillian forks, Cyclone rake XL, 54" Snowblower, 54"used blade, Edge Tamer and Extender, Heavy Hitch Subsoiler. Trailers: Sure-Trac 5x8 dump and a 7x16 steel side., 647 tiller, 5048 Box blade, heavy hitch tooth bar, 260B hoe, mulch kit

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    09-20-2019 @ 10:40 AM
    Thanks
    Thanks. That seems like it would be handy to have.
    2018 2038R 220R FEL, 72" Mower, Radial tires, wheel spacers, dual rear SVCs, CtA grapple, single point for FEL, 60" broom with front hitch;2018 1025R 54"auto connect, HDAP tires, Quick Hitch, Ballast Box, Etc...;1967 1020 3cylinder gas, #47 FEL, 72" Landpride Grooming Mower, 6ft box blade, For Sale(no Hurry); life Member NRA since 1974

4. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements