Any suggestions on a good trailer for my 1025R TLB?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Any suggestions on a good trailer for my 1025R TLB?

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    09-14-2019 @ 09:39 PM
    Thanks

Any suggestions on a good trailer for my 1025R TLB?

Going to be purchasing my new 1025R TLB and have been looking all over the internet for an equipment hauler for her. I don't need anything heavy duty, but looking for a decent one with dual Dexter axles with electric brakes. I live in southern Massachusetts and having a difficult time finding the right trailer, I'm guessing either 14' or 16'.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    08-06-2019 @ 04:45 PM
    Thanks
    Check out the Big Tex 70CH-16. These tractors are fairly narrow so having ramps that slide to the correct width is a must in addition to the capacity. Looks like a dealer in Rockland- http://imotorsports.net/index.cfm?cu...72&all_words=0
    Last edited by Bulitt; 05-29-2017 at 02:21 AM.
    Gizmo2 and Robnik like this.
    Bob - 2011 2520

2520 Mods - http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...2520-mods.html
    Posted for general info only. Not suggesting you alter your tractor based upon my feeble minded posts. Do so at your own risk. Maintenance and mods should be performed by a JD Dealer, or refer to your owners and maintenance manuals for proper procedures.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    09-14-2019 @ 09:39 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulitt View Post
    Check out the Big Tex 70CH-16. These tractors are fairly narrow so having ramps that slide to the correct width is a must in addition to the capacity. Looks like a dealer in Rockland- Trailers
    That's exactly what I've been looking for. Thanks very much!
    Gizmo2 and Robnik like this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    09-16-2019 @ 09:41 AM
    Thanks
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1794.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	517.0 KB 
ID:	377730

This is a 20 foot car hauler with ramps stored under the dovetail. Make sure you measure the total length with the backhoe on. As you can see, 20 foot may be what you're looking for.

This is a 2017 Liberty made here in Indiana.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ISPTrooper For This Useful Post:

Shortstuff (05-29-2017)

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    08-06-2019 @ 01:00 PM
    Thanks
    big tex trailers this is my 45ss 16' deck long,ramp great quailty and this is with a 5800# durango on it. trailer didnt mind at all and bought it new with tool box for just under 2khttp://www.bigtextrailers.com/45ss-tandem-axle-utility/ this is my trailer you dont have to get the same one but it should suit you needs they have anything you could want and custom.

i know i was over the weight rating but it handled it just find no sway or growning put my model D on it which is 6100lbs i know let the screaming begin lol.. if you have the time they paint it in the color of your choice as well..

happy trailer shopping
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 002.JPG   003.JPG  
    Last edited by 89420; 05-29-2017 at 03:59 PM.
    BigJim55 and Robnik like this.
    1935 jd model D
    65 110 rf
    77 jd 80 cart
    83 420 rear pto, 3 point hitch
    88 332 46"deck s
    89 420 60" deck
    89 318
    jd #8 chainsaw (remington)
    2)jd 35ev chainsaws (echo)
    jd 50v chainsaw (echo
    jd 60v chainsaw (echo)
    jd 70v chainsaw (echo) sold
    jd 80ev chainsaw (echo)
    jd cs40 chainsaw (efco 940)
    husqvarna 240 chainsaw
    husqvarna 372xp chainsaw
    husqvarna 455 chainsaw
    2)dolmar 117 chainsaws
    dolmar 100 chainsaw

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:58 PM
    Thanks
    I have a 14' and the tractor with BH and FEL will not fit with the bucket lowered. Get a 16' minimum. I'd also recommend a beavertail on the rear deck.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    BigJim55, em14 and bigdog79us like this.
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

10. Top | #7

Last Online
    08-06-2019 @ 07:08 PM
    Thanks
    I'm guessing either 14' or 16'.

I would highly suggest looking at Corn Pro trailers. I have a 16' with ramps that store under the trailer. It has a rub rail and stake pockets all around. Sealed lights with wiring run in conduit. The feature I really chose it for is the torque link axles. NO leaf springs. Gives it a quiet, smooth ride over conventional axles. Had mine 17 years now with no issues.
    BigJim55, Robnik and bigdog79us like this.
    Keith

JD 2320
    200CX
    54D Mower
    72" RSFM 3pt KingKutter Finish Mower
    Imatch
    HeavyHitch
    Artillian quick attach frame for multiple uses
    72" front/power snow blade converted for Artillian

Retired: Cattle/grain farmer; Excavation equipment operator; Pilot

11. Top | #8

Last Online
    05-30-2017 @ 04:17 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Shortstuff View Post
    Going to be purchasing my new 1025R TLB and have been looking all over the internet for an equipment hauler for her. I don't need anything heavy duty, but looking for a decent one with dual Dexter axles with electric brakes. I live in southern Massachusetts and having a difficult time finding the right trailer, I'm guessing either 14' or 16'.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    I bought one from D&K Trailers in north east Nebraska. He has a guy that will deliver it for a fee. What I like about it, it will double as a dump trailer also. It has stake pockets on it so you can put on removable side boards. I bought a 6'x14' foot with tandem 3500 pound axles. He will bill to order. It handles my 1025 with the bucket and backhoe.
    BigJim55 and Robnik like this.

12. Top | #9

Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ISPTrooper View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1794.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	517.0 KB 
ID:	377730

This is a 20 foot car hauler with ramps stored under the dovetail. Make sure you measure the total length with the backhoe on. As you can see, 20 foot may be what you're looking for.

This is a 2017 Liberty made here in Indiana.
    That trailer is more than necessary because the load is pulled too far forward and puts unnecessary weight on the tongue. It won't tow as smoothly as if the rear wheels of the tractor were actually -over- the trailer axles.

There's a Big Tex dealer in NH that's probably about a 2.5 hour drive from you that has the best prices. I drove about 3 hours or so to get there to buy mine because it was absolutely worth it.

FWIW: I don't like Car Haulers because you have to deal with slide-in ramps. Equipment trailers have fold-up rear ramps that, to me, are MUCH easier to work with. Plus, on the Big Tex, the ramps have braces built in to prevent your trailer from tail-diving when you load or unload.
    BigJim55 and em14 like this.
    ---

2011 JD 2520 with 200cx loader, 61" materials bucket, and Artillian JDQA Pallet Forks (42" forks). 62D MMM, ballast box, turfs, and loaded rears.

13. Top | #10
    Last Online
    09-16-2019 @ 09:41 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by meburdick View Post
    That trailer is more than necessary because the load is pulled too far forward and puts unnecessary weight on the tongue. It won't tow as smoothly as if the rear wheels of the tractor were actually -over- the trailer axles.

There's a Big Tex dealer in NH that's probably about a 2.5 hour drive from you that has the best prices. I drove about 3 hours or so to get there to buy mine because it was absolutely worth it.

FWIW: I don't like Car Haulers because you have to deal with slide-in ramps. Equipment trailers have fold-up rear ramps that, to me, are MUCH easier to work with. Plus, on the Big Tex, the ramps have braces built in to prevent your trailer from tail-diving when you load or unload.
    Thanks for the input, but I have scales available to know exactly how much weight is at each axle. So depending on what is connected to the rear, is where I put the rear axle on the trailer. With the air ride of the Navigator I pull it with, it's by far the smoothest pulling trailer I've ever pulled.

Not to mention I can also haul my X590 at the same time sideways with or without a rear attachment on the 1025R, so calling my trailer size more than necessary, is quite pointless.

I haul a John Deere Model A, so an equipment trailer is useless. Liberty was kind enough to send a third ramp for when I haul that tractor.

"Tail-diving" is exactly what you want when loading/unloading a 1025R with a rear attachment. The small rear tire compared to a 2 Series, causes issues when loading with an implement on the rear. I stop at the rear, and let the trailer relax, and can unload without ever touching the ground.
    BigJim55 likes this.

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast