ford owns cummins ?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: ford owns cummins ?

  1. Top | #1
    89420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Last Online
    08-06-2019 @ 01:00 PM
    Location
    st.louis
    Posts
    568
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 55 Times in 52 Posts

    ford owns cummins ?

    just to set the record straight Does Ford Own Cummins?
    lots off people still think so
    Robnik likes this.
    1935 jd model D
    65 110 rf
    77 jd 80 cart
    83 420 rear pto, 3 point hitch
    88 332 46"deck s
    89 420 60" deck
    89 318
    jd #8 chainsaw (remington)
    2)jd 35ev chainsaws (echo)
    jd 50v chainsaw (echo
    jd 60v chainsaw (echo)
    jd 70v chainsaw (echo) sold
    jd 80ev chainsaw (echo)
    jd cs40 chainsaw (efco 940)
    husqvarna 240 chainsaw
    husqvarna 372xp chainsaw
    husqvarna 455 chainsaw
    2)dolmar 117 chainsaws
    dolmar 100 chainsaw

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. Top | #2
    Robnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Last Online
    08-11-2019 @ 01:34 PM
    Location
    Deleon Springs Florida
    Posts
    837
    Thanks
    185
    Thanked 133 Times in 123 Posts
    I thought they had since the late 80s or early 90s.
    2015 1025R TLB
    Kens bolt on hooks and clevis (3) and differential lock pedal
    JD phd with 6" and 9" augers
    2048 box blade
    Titan 36" forks
    Country Way 40 gallon 3 pt. Sprayer
    Piranha tooth bar
    6 acres in Central Florida

  4. Top | #3
    Jarrod32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Last Online
    09-13-2019 @ 10:29 PM
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    195
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 21 Times in 16 Posts
    Ford does not "own" Cummins. At one time, around 1990, Ford Motor Company did own stock in Cummins...around 10% of the company, I think. So, it is true that at one time Ford owned a 10% (approximately) stake in Cummins. But Ford has since sold that stock off, and no longer holds a stake in Cummins.

    I think Ford does still own something like 30% of Isuzu, though...
    Yamaguy, 89420 and Robnik like this.
    JD 1025r; H120 loader; Howse 48" rotary cutter; Deere 647 tiller; County Line post hole digger; County Line middle buster; County Line carry-all; Ford 5' 3-point blade; Heavy Hitch receiver hitch/weight bracket; Heavy Hitch tooth bar; Titan pallet forks; Ken's bolt-on hooks.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. Top | #4
    89420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Last Online
    08-06-2019 @ 01:00 PM
    Location
    st.louis
    Posts
    568
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 55 Times in 52 Posts
    did you guys not click on the link? ford wishes they did in the link cummins sets the record straight on the matter...............................


    here it is again


    http://www.dieselhub.com/news/ford-owns-cummins.html

    click this

    cummins says in the first sentence ford does not own or has not ever owned cummins
    Last edited by 89420; 07-02-2017 at 10:44 PM.
    etcallhome, DRobinson and Robnik like this.
    1935 jd model D
    65 110 rf
    77 jd 80 cart
    83 420 rear pto, 3 point hitch
    88 332 46"deck s
    89 420 60" deck
    89 318
    jd #8 chainsaw (remington)
    2)jd 35ev chainsaws (echo)
    jd 50v chainsaw (echo
    jd 60v chainsaw (echo)
    jd 70v chainsaw (echo) sold
    jd 80ev chainsaw (echo)
    jd cs40 chainsaw (efco 940)
    husqvarna 240 chainsaw
    husqvarna 372xp chainsaw
    husqvarna 455 chainsaw
    2)dolmar 117 chainsaws
    dolmar 100 chainsaw

  7. Top | #5

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Last Online
    09-01-2019 @ 02:12 AM
    Location
    Central Illinois
    Posts
    154
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 38 Times in 28 Posts
    Here's one of the press releases in 1997 when Cummins bought the stock back from Ford. Not sure why this still lingers some twenty years later.

    CUMMINS ENGINE BUYS BACK 1.3 MILLION SHARES FROM FORD - The New York Times
    DRobinson, 89420 and Robnik like this.
    2016 5085E
    2014 318e
    2009 997
    1958 Fordson Dexta

  8. Top | #6
    89420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Last Online
    08-06-2019 @ 01:00 PM
    Location
    st.louis
    Posts
    568
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 55 Times in 52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by addy View Post
    Here's one of the press releases in 1997 when Cummins bought the stock back from Ford. Not sure why this still lingers some twenty years later.

    CUMMINS ENGINE BUYS BACK 1.3 MILLION SHARES FROM FORD - The New York Times

    thank you dont know why on earth people still think this is true buying 10% of the stock in the company dosent mean you own them

    i like how your artical reads after cummins bought the shares back from ford cummins stock (at the time) went from 1.46$ to 46$ a share lol
    1935 jd model D
    65 110 rf
    77 jd 80 cart
    83 420 rear pto, 3 point hitch
    88 332 46"deck s
    89 420 60" deck
    89 318
    jd #8 chainsaw (remington)
    2)jd 35ev chainsaws (echo)
    jd 50v chainsaw (echo
    jd 60v chainsaw (echo)
    jd 70v chainsaw (echo) sold
    jd 80ev chainsaw (echo)
    jd cs40 chainsaw (efco 940)
    husqvarna 240 chainsaw
    husqvarna 372xp chainsaw
    husqvarna 455 chainsaw
    2)dolmar 117 chainsaws
    dolmar 100 chainsaw

  9. Top | #7
    Robnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Last Online
    08-11-2019 @ 01:34 PM
    Location
    Deleon Springs Florida
    Posts
    837
    Thanks
    185
    Thanked 133 Times in 123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 89420 View Post
    did you guys not click on the link? ford wishes they did in the link cummins sets the record straight on the matter...............................


    here it is again


    Does Ford Own Cummins?

    click this

    cummins says in the first sentence ford does not own or has not ever owned cummins
    I didn't even realize there was a link in the first post. my mistake. And now I know!
    89420 likes this.
    2015 1025R TLB
    Kens bolt on hooks and clevis (3) and differential lock pedal
    JD phd with 6" and 9" augers
    2048 box blade
    Titan 36" forks
    Country Way 40 gallon 3 pt. Sprayer
    Piranha tooth bar
    6 acres in Central Florida

  10. Top | #8
    Bubber's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:44 PM
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    3,577
    Thanks
    444
    Thanked 601 Times in 385 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 89420 View Post
    thank you dont know why on earth people still think this is true buying 10% of the stock in the company dosent mean you own them

    i like how your artical reads after cummins bought the shares back from ford cummins stock (at the time) went from 1.46$ to 46$ a share lol
    Cummins Engine rose $1.25, to $46.
    It went from $44.75 to $46.00 according to the article.
    89420 and Robnik like this.
    2014 2032r Classic...


    -Dan

  11. Top | #9

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:01 PM
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,268
    Thanks
    71
    Thanked 174 Times in 161 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrod32 View Post
    Ford does not "own" Cummins. At one time, around 1990, Ford Motor Company did own stock in Cummins...around 10% of the company, I think. So, it is true that at one time Ford owned a 10% (approximately) stake in Cummins. But Ford has since sold that stock off, and no longer holds a stake in Cummins.

    I think Ford does still own something like 30% of Isuzu, though...
    GM is the one with ties to Isuzu. GM and Isuzu developed the Duramax engines in 2001, prior to that GM used Detroit Diesel for it's 6.2 and 6.5 diesels (I believe GM bought Detroit Diesel for this purpose). I believe GM and Isuzu have gone their separate ways on that engine development program from what I understand but I think they still have a strategic partnership with medium duty and higher trucks. Ford used to use diesels from International (6.9 & 7.3) until the 6.0 came out and it had issues and everyone soured on each other and Ford went in-house for the 6.4 and 6.7.

    At one point the big three outsourced all of their diesel engines. GM used Detroit Diesel, Ford used International, and Dodge has always used Cummins. Only Dodge (RAM) still outsources with Cummins. It is a great engine so why change? I can see why GM and Ford changed their business plan for diesels. The 6.5 TD simply didn't make enough power and Ford had a lot of issues with the 6.0 from what I have read.

    Until this thread, I had never read where Ford "owned" Cummins but I am not a big follower of Cummins or Ford. I place that myth up there with the "3/4 race cam".
    Robnik likes this.
    3025e, D160 loader, Artillian Grapple, Forks, Hoe Bucket, Frontier Land Plane, Rotomec PDH300, Redline Systems 54 inch rock bucket, Heavy Hitch
    400 Garden Tractor, 35a Tiller, 54 inch plow, 60 inch deck

  12. Top | #10

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:30 PM
    Location
    Burton, Ohio
    Posts
    2,721
    Thanks
    530
    Thanked 433 Times in 342 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 69project View Post
    GM is the one with ties to Isuzu. GM and Isuzu developed the Duramax engines in 2001, prior to that GM used Detroit Diesel for it's 6.2 and 6.5 diesels (I believe GM bought Detroit Diesel for this purpose). I believe GM and Isuzu have gone their separate ways on that engine development program from what I understand but I think they still have a strategic partnership with medium duty and higher trucks. Ford used to use diesels from International (6.9 & 7.3) until the 6.0 came out and it had issues and everyone soured on each other and Ford went in-house for the 6.4 and 6.7.

    At one point the big three outsourced all of their diesel engines. GM used Detroit Diesel, Ford used International, and Dodge has always used Cummins. Only Dodge (RAM) still outsources with Cummins. It is a great engine so why change? I can see why GM and Ford changed their business plan for diesels. The 6.5 TD simply didn't make enough power and Ford had a lot of issues with the 6.0 from what I have read.

    Until this thread, I had never read where Ford "owned" Cummins but I am not a big follower of Cummins or Ford. I place that myth up there with the "3/4 race cam".
    The 6.4 was actually still a Navistar product. I owned one for 5 years and actually liked that powerplant but didn't put enough miles on it to bring out its notorious issues.
    Just truck shopped with girlfriend and we did drive one of the new high output Cummins. Sounded pretty bad a$$, didn't feel that impressive. My point of reference was my 13 Ford 6.7. Owned it four years, zero issues, never back to dealer.
    Ended up selling gf my 13 and buying a 17 Superduty.
    Robnik likes this.
    1025R FILB, vintage: 2015
    54D MM mowing deck
    Imatch hitch
    2 inch receiver for three point
    "18" cart
    Piranha Tooth Bar
    Ken's hooks and differential lock pedal
    Artillian 36" forks
    Stihl equipment: Saws; MS261C, MS462C, MS661RCM and Blower; BR600 and Trimmer; FS70R and Hedge Cutter; HL 56K and Pressure Washer; RB400
    Husky log splitter

  13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •