• 4 Post By Tomfive
  • 4 Post By coaltrain

Thread: I get a tractor momma gets a new SUV

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:40 AM
    Thanks

I get a tractor momma gets a new SUV

Last week we traded momma's 2003 Yukon with 203,456 miles on it. Shopped around for two weeks ran into good and bad salespeople. Finally chose a Toyota Sequoia. I saw the Sequoia I was interested on their website with a pretty good end of year sale. We walked in and they had one on the showroom floor that we climbed in and out a couple of times. The salesman who desk was about 6 feet away ignored us. A foreign couple walked it and he raced by us and went to them and they were looking at a used Camary for their daughter. My wife was PO'ed ready to leave. Then a young man came to us and asked if he could help us. Anyway over the next day and a half we hammered out a deal. When I was in the F&I office I told them what happened with the guy ignoring us and he called the owner over and I passed it on to him. Very happy with the Sequoia and we got a decent trade in.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
    2018 2038R 220R FEL, 72" Mower, Radial tires, wheel spacers, dual rear SVCs, CtA grapple, single point for FEL, 60" broom with front hitch;2018 1025R 54"auto connect, HDAP tires, Quick Hitch, Ballast Box, Etc...;1967 1020 3cylinder gas, #47 FEL, 72" Landpride Grooming Mower, 6ft box blade, For Sale(no Hurry); life Member NRA since 1974

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:39 PM
    Thanks
    Congratulations. Somehow it all works out and everyone is happy. Are you going to make her wait to drive it until you get your tractor though? Of course that looks like it will haul a lot of groceries, might be best to keep quiet.
    Welcome to Intermission.

2017 2038R, 400, 3020 & HPX and thingies to hook to the them.
    112 - Sold in July 2017 but took me until November to admit I just cast it out into this cruel world.
    #compactfarmer

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Herminator For This Useful Post:

Drifterbike†(10-18-2017)

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:30 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,381 Times in 1,084 Posts
    Drifterbike- it pays to keep Mamma Happy on the new ride!
    jim

2006 2520 mcut, 2004 x475, 1953 model 50, 1985 318-was my Dad's,
    king kutter tiller-60", frontier-stone rake, jd-4ft brush hog, frontier-6ft back-blade, frontier-forks, 48 inch forks,
    2-54inch jd snow plows, jd-5ft-pull brush hog,

2018 835R gas model gator-"aka" the Cadillac i say!! 6ft jd snow plow-which already has a dtac out on it. i got just about everything on it i could at the time

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BigJim55 For This Useful Post:

Drifterbike†(10-18-2017)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

8. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,127 Times in 960 Posts
    Nice new ride and I like the color. Also, the Yukon looks like you kept it in very nice shape.
    etcallhome, DRobinson and BigJim55 like this.
    Jamie

2011 JD 1026R - w/60" NON-AutoConnect MMM, FEL w/WR Long Toothbar, 47" Front Mount Snowblower, 54" Front Mount Blade w/ Rubber Edge, 48" KingKutter Tiller & Brush Hog, CountyLine Carry All and CountyLine 60" Rear Blade, Pat's EZ-Change Quick Hitch System
    1990 JD 185 - 46"MMM w/Power Flow Bagger

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ColonyPark For This Useful Post:

Drifterbike†(10-18-2017)

10. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:30 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,381 Times in 1,084 Posts
    drifterbike--need to ask u a question about ur yukon?
    did u ever have to replace the brake lines on it-due to rusted out?

how about the tranny oil cooler lines?

any front wheel bearings-or i guess i should say them lousy ABS hickees at the wheel bearing?

i only ran mine in the salt for the 2 winters i was in the pitals. now we had to run the Pa. turnpike them times-and it got covered badly-but i made the wife take it to the carwash and run it thru it. but that junk on the pike really worked it over.

so far all the brake lines was replaced-and now it's waiting at the shop on the oil cooler tranny lines to be replaced.

i don't know if the tech moved or bent them a hair-2 weeks ago-when i had them to drop the pan-and change the filter -instead o just flushing the tranny.

probably going to blame the age of truck for the lines breaking-i just have a bad feeling about it--i really don't feel up to throwing a good hissy fit-and arguing with the service manager for hrs over it. told the wife i just wished i was working yet-and it would be gone then.
    etcallhome and Drifterbike like this.
    jim

2006 2520 mcut, 2004 x475, 1953 model 50, 1985 318-was my Dad's,
    king kutter tiller-60", frontier-stone rake, jd-4ft brush hog, frontier-6ft back-blade, frontier-forks, 48 inch forks,
    2-54inch jd snow plows, jd-5ft-pull brush hog,

2018 835R gas model gator-"aka" the Cadillac i say!! 6ft jd snow plow-which already has a dtac out on it. i got just about everything on it i could at the time

11. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:11 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,061 Times in 2,226 Posts
    Thatís a smart looking vehicle drifterbike!

Big Jim - I have the same concerns with my truck. The first 4 years I was running it to work through the nasty glue-like 50/50 mix on the roads here. Already had some rust issues like the front rotors, steerling shaft u-joint, etc. I now think about the brake lines along with trans cooler etc. The underside of my truck is just all rust.

But I love my truck still after 8.5 years now. I bought it as my pseudo retirement truck and will try to keep it forever. If that means replacing brake lines or other stuff I will do it.

Those new trucks sure look nice. Was wandering around the Ford lot yesterday while getting my truck serviced.

Iíve never been to any other vehicle dealership other than Ford. Looking at Drifterbikeís new ride for his wife the Toyotas sure look nice. But I worry about needing service when the dealership is a 3 hour round trip. Itís like we talk about with tractors - the service at the dealership is more important than the color or brand.
    ColonyPark likes this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

12. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:40 AM
    Thanks
    Thanks Stan and Jim the Yukon I had since new in 2003 and drove over 200,000 Miles. the biggest problem was with the traction control. It was because the front wheel bearings have a sensor that goes bad. Had a hard time finding what the problem was because the bearing was good but the sensor was bad. when brake jobs were done and wheel bearing lubed everything looked good. We had the Yukon rust proofed and only had rust on front right fender. We did replace the tranny cooler lines because of rust after 13 years and the parking brake cable holder rusted thru. Had to replace the exhaust manifold bolts because they broke off. Its a known weakness pre 2007. Put one altenator. other than that just normal maintence. We would have looked at a knew one but they are over 70K and we really did not want any "Government Motors". Looked at Ford expedition but the tried to offer us 1000.$ on our trade in. We are happy with the Toyota Sequoia it has a V8 and pleanty of pulling power. Too much high tech in the radio, but we like the back up camera.
    2018 2038R 220R FEL, 72" Mower, Radial tires, wheel spacers, dual rear SVCs, CtA grapple, single point for FEL, 60" broom with front hitch;2018 1025R 54"auto connect, HDAP tires, Quick Hitch, Ballast Box, Etc...;1967 1020 3cylinder gas, #47 FEL, 72" Landpride Grooming Mower, 6ft box blade, For Sale(no Hurry); life Member NRA since 1974

13. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:44 PM
    Thanks
    CONGRATS on Momma's new ride!!!

You definitely had an interesting experience with the salespeople at that dealership. When we were shopping for our last car, sales people were greeting us before we even stepped foot into the showroom, I mean someone often came out and greeted us as we were walking from the parking lot.

That being said, I think a lot of dealerships have a different "unwritten" set of rules amongst their sales force. There is sometimes a pecking order of who gets the first crack at new customers, some by seniority, some by another system. That way the sales people aren't tripping over each other over a prospective buyer versus a tire-kicker and it's just the luck of the draw on which customer they end up with. I'm a people watcher and have seen some sales people discussing "something" as new customers arrive, then the approach. In other cases, I see salesmen standing near the doorway and not make a move toward a new customer and just let someone else, half a showroom away walk up and greet the customer.

So that salesman who "ignored" you and raced by you for the next customer may not have been doing that out of disrespect, but a result of "their pecking order" process.

Just my 2 cents.
    Tom

2011 1026R/R4's -- H120 FEL/49" -- 260 BH/12" -- Bro-Tek Ripper -- Artillian Forks/42" -- 244 lbs JD Rear Wheel Weights -- KBOH Hooks and Clevis' --
    Block heater -- 180* T-stat -- Evans HP Waterless Coolant

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Tomfive For This Useful Post:

Drifterbike†(10-18-2017)

15. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:11 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,061 Times in 2,226 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Drifterbike View Post
    Thanks Stan and Jim the Yukon I had since new in 2003 and drove over 200,000 Miles. the biggest problem was with the traction control. It was because the front wheel bearings have a sensor that goes bad. Had a hard time finding what the problem was because the bearing was good but the sensor was bad. when brake jobs were done and wheel bearing lubed everything looked good. We had the Yukon rust proofed and only had rust on front right fender. We did replace the tranny cooler lines because of rust after 13 years and the parking brake cable holder rusted thru. Had to replace the exhaust manifold bolts because they broke off. Its a known weakness pre 2007. Put one altenator. other than that just normal maintence. We would have looked at a knew one but they are over 70K and we really did not want any "Government Motors". Looked at Ford expedition but the tried to offer us 1000.$ on our trade in. We are happy with the Toyota Sequoia it has a V8 and pleanty of pulling power. Too much high tech in the radio, but we like the back up camera.
    Not bad at all for the age of the Yukon and living in the rust belt.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

16. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements