Green Tractor Talk banner

Hauling my MCUT

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  mark02tj 
#1 ·
After seeing some pics this morning, it got me thinking about how I haul my tractor. Am I crazy overkill because I chain my tractor from 4 corners when I haul it?

#2 ·
:dunno:not if u don't want it to roll off ur trailer:unknown:

#3 ·
#7 ·
3 or 4 chains depending on how far I'm going. Plus strapping down loader and rear implement. Pretty easy to do when you figure out how and where to strap things. Axle straps on the front make that easy as long as whatever else on the front of the trailer allows for a good angle on the chains.

Rob

Reactions: OxPath and BigJim55
#8 ·
Crazy is the person who will not spend a few hundred dollars to prevent their $20K to $30K investment from rolling off a trailer.

#9 ·
That’s not the half of it. Tractor coming loose from the trailer and killing someone.

I hauled equipment commercially as well as my own. My main objective each time was to envision the trailer turning over at speed. Will the equipment stay with the trailer?

#10 ·
When I bought my 6'X10' landscape trailer. The first thing I did was have them install 4 D rings in the corners. Before picking it up. Already had decent straps from towing motorcycles.

Reactions: BigJim55
#13 ·
I was talking with a local farmer the other day. He also does excavation, maintenance, etc. He has a new Chevy pick up and I noticed the tailgate was all bashed up. I asked him "what did you back into with your truck?" His answer..."Some woman in front of me jammed on her brakes, so I jammed on mine and my post pounder on the trailer slid right up into my tailgate". My immediate first thought was "why didn't you have your post pounder strapped down?

I lost a bath tub out of the back of a pickup when I was 16 (back in '78. Learned my lesson then and never lost anything else.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.