What would you pay for this trailer?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: What would you pay for this trailer?

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    08-04-2019 @ 09:08 PM
    Thanks

What would you pay for this trailer?

My boss wants to sell this trailer. The frame looks ok and the axles seem alright. Needs new fenders and paint. And lights. And a deck. Haha. 18 or 20 feet long. Fifth wheel not gooseneck.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20171130_095426555_1512054537540.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:41 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,035 Times in 2,514 Posts
    TF,
    The forum is having issues with some features and pics no...so we cannot see the trailer in question. We hope it will be rectified soon.
    DRobinson, Levi and Robnik like this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Ok! I thought it was just my three year old phone. Thanks for telling me.
    Levi and Robnik like this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Can a crack in a frame be repaired? This trailer has a dovetail of sorts and it looks like the frame cracked at the bend.

7. Top | #5
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:29 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,296 Times in 2,584 Posts
    Yes it can. But the repair could be a very simple one, to a fairly complicated one depending on the frame and where it's located.

A quick picture shown to a reputable welding shop should be able to tell you the cost involved.

*If* you were able to post a picture here, we could answer in better detail. Maybe after they get the site fixed up?
    Levi and Robnik like this.
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    09-20-2019 @ 02:36 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TruckFarmer55 View Post
    My boss wants to sell this trailer. The frame looks ok and the axles seem alright. Needs new fenders and paint. And lights. And a deck. Haha. 18 or 20 feet long. Fifth wheel not gooseneck.
    I would see what a new one like that in your area brings and then cut the price in half, at least, if not more. That one looks kind of rough, hopefully the bones are good. Figure it will cost a couple of hundred for wood. Fenders are a cosmetic thing so not really required unless they are totally gone. You can spend a lot of money on lights if you want or very little. Hard to price unless you are familiar with the local trailer market if you ask me. It also depends on how fast your Boss wants to move the trailer.
    3025e, D160 loader, Artillian Grapple, Forks, Hoe Bucket, Frontier Land Plane, Rotomec PDH300, Redline Systems 54 inch rock bucket, Heavy Hitch
    400 Garden Tractor, 35a Tiller, 54 inch plow, 60 inch deck

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:16 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,658 Times in 1,088 Posts
    If the tires were good (good tread, under 5 years old- not just holding air) it might be worth $1,000 if someone really, really wanted it. That looks like a very lightweight trailer and I suspect it has a 7k GVW with two 3,500 lb axles. Needs fenders, paint, floor, wiring, and has a cracked frame? I can't imagine too many people want to put that much work into a trailer that can't haul any more than an average bumper pull and fills up the bed with a hitch.
    etcallhome and Jim Timber like this.
    -Blake

Your mileage may vary.

JD 6410
    Some other stuff

YouTube- Life in Wyoming

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    09-02-2018 @ 09:17 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 56FordGuy View Post
    If the tires were good (good tread, under 5 years old- not just holding air) it might be worth $1,000 if someone really, really wanted it. That looks like a very lightweight trailer and I suspect it has a 7k GVW with two 3,500 lb axles. Needs fenders, paint, floor, wiring, and has a cracked frame? I can't imagine too many people want to put that much work into a trailer that can't haul any more than an average bumper pull and fills up the bed with a hitch.
    looks like 6 bolt wheels, so 5200 lb axles..... Looks like a lot of work t me. $1K TOPS IMO.

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:24 AM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,497 Times in 1,405 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 56FordGuy View Post
    You nailed it........As someone who was in the trailer business, you want to avoid "Unusual" set up's as they make selling the trailer even harder in the future. Unusual lengths, light weight axles, deck lengths not proportionate for the size of trailer, beaver tail length taking up too much of the deck space, etc. ........................... The 5th wheel is a BIG DRAW BACK in my opinion, it's expensive to purchase the hitch if you don't have one and they are a bear to take in and out of the truck. It's why everyone is using Goose Neck Hitches on this style trailer. You could convert this to a goose neck, but that's time and money.............................. The trailer has light weight axles, probably 3,500lbs each........On a generous day, I would say it's worth $700 to $850, with it's limitations and the work it needs. If it has been sitting for a long time, you can easily spend $450 for decent tires and the brakes likely need to be gone through. Axle bearings need to be checked. Wiring is probably chewed up by mice so you would either be chasing problems continuously or rewiring the entire trailer................................. Personally, you can buy a new trailer like this for between $3,500 and $4,500. A properly built trailer this size should cost between $5,000 and $7,000 new, but it would have at least two 5,200 pound axles, properly rated tires, LED lights and it would be a goose neck..................................... If you can buy it cheap AND you want a project, then this would give you something to do. If you know how to weld, then you can do much of the work yourself. If you can't that's more money to be spent. Chances are there are a bunch of broken welds on the trailer................................... Yep, I am sticking with my $750 to $850 price range. Bottom line, when it's repaired and put back to proper working condition, it's them maybe a $2,000 to $2,500 trailer. So, that leaves you $1,500 to spend on all repairs, new tires, lights, likely work on the brakes and axles and repairing the broken welds..........................

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    10-16-2018 @ 08:44 AM
    Thanks
    Looks like a trailer I've owned for a few years lol. I have beat the snot out of many trailers and once used up I sold them in conditions very similar to what you described. I have always been able to get $600-$1000 out of them depending on just how bad of shape they are in, I never owned a work trailer with a 5th wheel hitch though and not sure how bad that affects the value.
    3520 (cab, eHydro, R1's, 300x fel, forks, grapple) Frontier 5' cutter, 7' Tufline disk, 6' Gill pulverizer, 6' box blade, 6' rear blade, TSC post auger, 6' Woods rfm, 8' JD rotary hoe, 8' Brillion cultipacker, 6' field cultivator, Tarter spreader, Fimco 3 point sprayer, subsoiler, ken's bolt on hooks & clevis, JD Z920 ZTR

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast