Landscape Dump Body
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Landscape Dump Body

  1. Top | #1
    GrnTractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Last Online
    08-27-2019 @ 06:45 PM
    Location
    East Tennessee
    Posts
    59
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Landscape Dump Body

    Hello All,

    I am considering purchasing a dump truck with a landscape body and I would like for it have drop sides. While conducting my search I have found a lot of manufactures of dump body's (Monroe, Knapheide, Venco, Rugby, PJ's) and it seems the more I search the more manufactures I find. Where does someone like me who has never owned a dump truck start? This truck would be used on a farm/ranch. As for the truck I am looking at F450 and F550's. Any input is appreciated.

    Thank's
    Mark
    2016 5075E Cab with H240 Loader
    John Deere MX7 Rotary Cutter
    John Deere Rear Blade 2284H
    Frontier Core Aerator CA2072
    Taylor Pittsburg 962-84 Rotary Tiller
    Broadcast Spreader
    72" Landscape Rake
    Gator 825i UTV

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. Top | #2
    firemachine69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Last Online
    06-25-2019 @ 10:34 PM
    Location
    Northern Ontario
    Posts
    697
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 40 Times in 37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GrnTractor View Post
    Hello All,

    I am considering purchasing a dump truck with a landscape body and I would like for it have drop sides. While conducting my search I have found a lot of manufactures of dump body's (Monroe, Knapheide, Venco, Rugby, PJ's) and it seems the more I search the more manufactures I find. Where does someone like me who has never owned a dump truck start? This truck would be used on a farm/ranch. As for the truck I am looking at F450 and F550's. Any input is appreciated.

    Thank's
    Mark

    Those trucks would require a CVOR, do you already have one?
    JD 2520 MCUT (SOLD)

    Looking for a 3xx or 4xx restoration project (at a good price)

  4. Top | #3
    56FordGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:09 AM
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    10,028
    Thanks
    482
    Thanked 1,658 Times in 1,088 Posts
    I owned an F-350 dump truck and would love to have another. Looking at the 450/550 size trucks is an excellent idea because the weight of the dump mechanism eats up a lot of payload. Thatís why I didnít put one on my F-250, would have taken all my cargo capacity.

    I canít speak to specific brands but I prefer a PTO powered hydraulic system to electric. Nothing wrong with electric, I just like the hydraulic pump being driven mechanically. Personal preference. If I were ever to have another, it would likely be electric over hydraulic just for ease of installation.

    Are you looking at new trucks or used?
    mjncad and Levi like this.
    -Blake

    Your mileage may vary.

    JD 6410
    Some other stuff

    YouTube- Life in Wyoming

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. Top | #4

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Last Online
    09-15-2019 @ 01:07 PM
    Location
    IL.
    Posts
    413
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 50 Times in 48 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 56fordguy View Post
    i owned an f-350 dump truck and would love to have another. Looking at the 450/550 size trucks is an excellent idea because the weight of the dump mechanism eats up a lot of payload. Thatís why i didnít put one on my f-250, would have taken all my cargo capacity.

    I canít speak to specific brands but i prefer a pto powered hydraulic system to electric. Nothing wrong with electric, i just like the hydraulic pump being driven mechanically. Personal preference. If i were ever to have another, it would likely be electric over hydraulic just for ease of installation.

    Are you looking at new trucks or used?
    huh!

  7. Top | #5
    GrnTractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Last Online
    08-27-2019 @ 06:45 PM
    Location
    East Tennessee
    Posts
    59
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Im not sure I would need A CVOR but that would be something to consider.
    2016 5075E Cab with H240 Loader
    John Deere MX7 Rotary Cutter
    John Deere Rear Blade 2284H
    Frontier Core Aerator CA2072
    Taylor Pittsburg 962-84 Rotary Tiller
    Broadcast Spreader
    72" Landscape Rake
    Gator 825i UTV

  8. Top | #6
    GrnTractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Last Online
    08-27-2019 @ 06:45 PM
    Location
    East Tennessee
    Posts
    59
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 56FordGuy View Post
    I owned an F-350 dump truck and would love to have another. Looking at the 450/550 size trucks is an excellent idea because the weight of the dump mechanism eats up a lot of payload. Thatís why I didnít put one on my F-250, would have taken all my cargo capacity.

    I canít speak to specific brands but I prefer a PTO powered hydraulic system to electric. Nothing wrong with electric, I just like the hydraulic pump being driven mechanically. Personal preference. If I were ever to have another, it would likely be electric over hydraulic just for ease of installation.

    Are you looking at new trucks or used?

    I would love to find a good used one but my biggest concern would be finding one that is "cigarette smoke free", which might be hard.
    2016 5075E Cab with H240 Loader
    John Deere MX7 Rotary Cutter
    John Deere Rear Blade 2284H
    Frontier Core Aerator CA2072
    Taylor Pittsburg 962-84 Rotary Tiller
    Broadcast Spreader
    72" Landscape Rake
    Gator 825i UTV

  9. Top | #7

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:46 PM
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,269
    Thanks
    71
    Thanked 174 Times in 161 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GrnTractor View Post
    I would love to find a good used one but my biggest concern would be finding one that is "cigarette smoke free", which might be hard.
    Just take it to a detail shop. They will make it smell like it came from Henry Ford's factory!
    3025e, D160 loader, Artillian Grapple, Forks, Hoe Bucket, Frontier Land Plane, Rotomec PDH300, Redline Systems 54 inch rock bucket, Heavy Hitch
    400 Garden Tractor, 35a Tiller, 54 inch plow, 60 inch deck

  10. Top | #8
    BigJim55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:32 PM
    Location
    Schellsburg, PA
    Posts
    11,131
    Thanks
    3,001
    Thanked 1,381 Times in 1,084 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by firemachine69 View Post
    Those trucks would require a CVOR, do you already have one?

    ok-gotta ask what a CVOR is? just cause u know what it means-doesn't mean that the rest of us will. thank u for understanding.
    jim

    2006 2520 mcut, 2004 x475, 1953 model 50, 1985 318-was my Dad's,
    king kutter tiller-60", frontier-stone rake, jd-4ft brush hog, frontier-6ft back-blade, frontier-forks, 48 inch forks,
    2-54inch jd snow plows, jd-5ft-pull brush hog,

    2018 835R gas model gator-"aka" the Cadillac i say!! 6ft jd snow plow-which already has a dtac out on it. i got just about everything on it i could at the time

  11. Top | #9
    ilmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Southern IL
    Posts
    3,903
    Thanks
    271
    Thanked 1,021 Times in 659 Posts
    Commercial vehicle operator's registration ( CVOR )
    mjncad, Levi, BigJim55 and 1 others like this.
    2013 1025R
    (Oct. 1, 2013 Used with 20hrs.)
    H120 loader -- 60D AutoConnect MMM --Frontier RB2060 blade -- Modified RIO -- Northstar Sprayer -- Fimco Spreader -- Ken's Bolt On Grab Hooks.
    "Kitty" 2000-2014
    Carl

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilmo For This Useful Post:

    BigJim55†(12-07-2017), mjncad†(12-08-2017)

  13. Top | #10

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Online
    09-02-2018 @ 09:17 PM
    Location
    Secor, IL
    Posts
    1,005
    Thanks
    108
    Thanked 175 Times in 131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJim55 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by firemachine69 View Post
    Those trucks would require a CVOR, do you already have one?

    ok-gotta ask what a CVOR is? just cause u know what it means-doesn't mean that the rest of us will. thank u for understanding.
    Also know as a CDL..
    Levi, BigJim55, em14 and 1 others like this.

  14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts