Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: TPMS Help!

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:57 PM
    Thanks

TPMS Help!

I got tired of having to run to the neighborhood garage and paying them to reset the TPMS systems on my vehicles so I bought an ATEQ VT-31 TPMS reader tool and ATEQ's QuickSet tool to load the data into the cars.

I used this setup and it reads and loads the data for both my summer and snow tires for my truck (2012 Toyota Tundra) no problem. It also reads/loads the data for the summer tires for the wife's car (2016 Infinity Q50) without problems.

But for some reason, it won't trigger the TPMS monitors in the snow tires for her car. When I do the exact same thing with those wheels/tires as I do with the other 3 sets, I get nothing. Not one of the 4 winter tires for her car will trigger.

Is it possible that the two sets of TPMS sensors in her car of different types? Maybe the reader can read one kind but not the other? I'm not sure if it's possible to use two different types in one car!

Or does this mean that the batteries are dead in all 4 of the sensors in that set of wheels/tires are dead? That would be odd since they are all the newest sensors of the 4 sets.

Are there any other possibilities I'm not thinking of?
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:51 PM
    Thanks
    Are you sure there are monitors?
    they could be mounted like a spare tire, with a $2 stem,,,,
    etcallhome, Tomfive and ejb69 like this.
    Some of the tractors include JD 4105, JD 855, JD 650,,,, and,,, the IH 584 4WD
    My favorite attachment is the homemade landplane,,, EVERYONE needs one of those!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to CADplans For This Useful Post:

JimR (03-12-2018)

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:51 PM
    Thanks
    You need to check those wheels to see if they have the sensors inside them. You possibly bought a couple of wheels at the junk yard or elsewhere that are older wheels before they included sensors. My F250 pickup only has sensors on the wheels on the ground. The full size spare does not have a sensor.

Dave
    etcallhome and Tomfive like this.
    JD 4066R CAB
    JD H180 FEL with SSQA brackets, JD iMatch, JD Ballast Box & ext, JD pull behind seed spreader
    Frontier RB2196H 8 ft rear blade/hyd angle, Frontier BB1065 Box Blade, Befco 3pt 110 inch RFM
    48" pallet forks, KK 3pt Boom Pole, Northern Tool 3pt middle buster, 2 bottom Dearborn plow
    County Line post hole digger, Rhino 3pt 10ft brush hog, Land Pride 8ft rock rake
    Fit Rite Hydraulics 3pt Top Link, front 3pt adapter for SSQA, 7 1/2 ft Field Roller, 8ft Dearborn tandem disk

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ddinham For This Useful Post:

JimR (03-12-2018)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

8. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CADplans View Post
    Are you sure there are monitors?
    they could be mounted like a spare tire, with a $2 stem,,,,
    I suppose it is possible that someone snuck into my garage, stole the TPMS stems and replaced them with the $2 stems!

They worked fine last winter. Not sure how they would have gotten replaced.
    etcallhome and Tomfive like this.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

9. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:09 PM
    Thanks
    I read that TPMS sensors do have a battery and do have a "limited life" of about 7 years (depends on the make and model). So is it possible though these tires have the "newest" sensors, they were really "recycled" from another car and the batteries just happen to all run down since the last time you reset them?

Just my 2 cents.
    coaltrain, JimR and wildbranch2007 like this.
    Tom

2011 1026R/R4's -- H120 FEL/49" -- 260 BH/12" -- Bro-Tek Ripper -- Artillian Forks/42" -- 244 lbs JD Rear Wheel Weights -- KBOH Hooks and Clevis' --
    Block heater -- 180* T-stat -- Evans HP Waterless Coolant

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Tomfive For This Useful Post:

JimR (03-12-2018)

11. Top | #6

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:51 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomfive View Post
    I read that TPMS sensors do have a battery and do have a "limited life" of about 7 years (depends on the make and model).
    Things can happen all at once,,
    I purchased this trailer in 1999,,

The wheels happend to have the defective stems that were made out of the wrong type rubber.
    ALL FOUR tires went flat within a month of each other,, when the trailer was about 10 years old.

I was positive someone walked into the yard and let the air out of the tires,,
    then, when I tried to add air, I found the stem leaking.

With so many variables, how could they all fail between 120 and 121 months old,,,
    etcallhome, Tomfive and JimR like this.
    Some of the tractors include JD 4105, JD 855, JD 650,,,, and,,, the IH 584 4WD
    My favorite attachment is the homemade landplane,,, EVERYONE needs one of those!!

12. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomfive View Post
    I read that TPMS sensors do have a battery and do have a "limited life" of about 7 years (depends on the make and model). So is it possible though these tires have the "newest" sensors, they were really "recycled" from another car and the batteries just happen to all run down since the last time you reset them?

Just my 2 cents.
    They were brand new when we bought them but the batteries all dying is the only answer I can come up with. ATEQ's FAQ says that is "very rare".
    Tomfive and BigJim55 like this.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.

13. Top | #8

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ddinham View Post
    You need to check those wheels to see if they have the sensors inside them. You possibly bought a couple of wheels at the junk yard or elsewhere that are older wheels before they included sensors. My F250 pickup only has sensors on the wheels on the ground. The full size spare does not have a sensor.

Dave
    These were brand new wheels/sensors/tires that we bought from Tire Rack. They worked fine for the last 2 winters so the sensors are there. I took them off the car last spring and put them back on just before Christmas. They sat in my garage the whole summer.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.

14. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:56 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,061 Times in 2,226 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JimR View Post
    These were brand new wheels/sensors/tires that we bought from Tire Rack. They worked fine for the last 2 winters so the sensors are there. I took them off the car last spring and put them back on just before Christmas. They sat in my garage the whole summer.
    Have you tried running the wheels/tires for a bit?

A couple years ago when installing my winter set I had one sensor that wouldn’t take - tried 3 times. Had to quit and drove to work. Got home the next day (84 miles) and tried it again and it worked. Maybe running the truck for a while woke the sensor up after being stored for the summer?
    Tomfive likes this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

15. The Following User Says Thank You to coaltrain For This Useful Post:

JimR (03-12-2018)

16. Top | #10

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by coaltrain View Post
    Have you tried running the wheels/tires for a bit?

A couple years ago when installing my winter set I had one sensor that wouldn’t take - tried 3 times. Had to quit and drove to work. Got home the next day (84 miles) and tried it again and it worked. Maybe running the truck for a while woke the sensor up after being stored for the summer?
    Been running them since just before Christmas with just about 3,000 miles since then.
    coaltrain likes this.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.

17. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast