Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: New Canyon/Colorado opinions

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:30 AM
    Thanks

New Canyon/Colorado opinions

Any one tried one? I drove one yesterday, some of it was nice, engine was peppy though abit louder than I am used too. Drove nice, turning radius far better than the toyota, liked the size, do not really need a large truck, plenty of towing capacity (7000 lbs) for my needs...did not really like the layout or dash...too many tech ideas, and knobs were small, switches seemed very cheep. miss analog gauges.

anyways any thoughts from the group?
    2009 JD 2305 w/ Femco folding ROPS,Power Beyond Kit, KBOH, 54"MMM, 47" Snowblower, 200CX Loader w/ BB, Powerhorse 12 ton Logsplitter and King Kutter tool carrier and 17P kart
    2009 Cub Cadet/Yanmar ex3200, Land Pride 60” land plane and 60” finish mower, worksaver posthole digger w/ 9” auger, “The thumb” add on grapple, third function valve and KBOH of course

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:47 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,001 Times in 2,957 Posts
    I know the older ones were pretty good. We (company) have 2 or 3 with 4WD and 180,000 miles + on them.
    As far as I know GM didn't make any last year and this year they have a 6 cylinder vs the 5. Competition for the Tacoma.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD,
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:04 PM
    Thanks

New Canyon/Colorado opinions

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    I know the older ones were pretty good. We (company) have 2 or 3 with 4WD and 180,000 miles + on them.
    As far as I know GM didn't make any last year and this year they have a 6 cylinder vs the 5. Competition for the Tacoma.
    I read that they will also have a Diesel engine option. Trying to find the article

Edit: Didn't find the article, but straight from Chevy's website it states "for the 2016 model year the highly anticipated 2.8L Duramax Turbo-Diesel will join the engine lineup"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by cheesetrain; 11-13-2014 at 10:43 AM.
    DRobinson and farmgirl19 like this.
    1025R w\ block heater and one rear work light
    H120 FEL w 53" bucket, 54" QH blade, 60" MMM w\ autoconnect, mulch kit and independent lift kit
    JD 3 bag MCS with powerflow
    Land Pride RTA1250 tiller and CA1556 core aerator
    Imatch Quick Hitch
    JamisonBryce MCS Imatch adapter
    Heavy Hitch weight bracket & sub soiler combo
    CMP Attachments 60" HD front dethatcher
    Garber 72" 3pt mount drop spreader
    Countyline 3pt PHD with 9" diameter auger

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    ccw

Last Online
    07-17-2015 @ 04:00 PM
    Thanks

colorado

I have a 2008 colorado z71 crew cab and love it. I looked at the new one's not impressed no sliding back window, don't like the leather seats. Looking to buy a 2012 colorado or canyon. If you need info on the new colorado or canyon go to there web site coloradofans.com or 355nation.net. I belong to the sites. good info

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:14 AM
    Thanks
    I have a 05 Colorado Z71 4x4. Its been an ok truck, but has very little ground clearance for a 4x4. I have gotten it stuck a few times. I went with the Colorado over the Tacoma because the gm was cheaper at the time. The Tacoma seems to do much better off-road.

I would not be without a sliding rear window. Mine is open most of the summer. I often stick long items through it . Without the sliding widow I'd need a ladder rack.
    Eric

2011 1026R / H120 / 60D auto-connect, independent-lift mmm / 54" snowblower / 4' KK Pro rotary mower / KK 4' tiller

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:30 AM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,554 Times in 1,434 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ejb69 View Post
    I have a 05 Colorado Z71 4x4. Its been an ok truck, but has very little ground clearance for a 4x4. I have gotten it stuck a few times. I went with the Colorado over the Tacoma because the gm was cheaper at the time. The Tacoma seems to do much better off-road.

I would not be without a sliding rear window. Mine is open most of the summer. I often stick long items through it . Without the sliding widow I'd need a ladder rack.
    Toyota sure had some problems with their older Tacoma trucks and frame rusting through to the point where Toyota had to buy trucks from owners to settle them down. Now that was several years ago but it always made me wonder how a company so concerned about quality could miss such an important one.

I think the troublesome Tacoma's were sold about the time you selected your Chevy. I have a friend who had his truck frame "undercoated" on his Tacoma and it rotted from the inside out. The metal wasn't "treated" correctly (apparently it missed being dipped and sprayed) from the factory and it resulted in his frame breaking in two one day when he hit a pothole. The local Toyota dealer gave him the run around for quite some time until I located the info on the web about the frame problems and then he got the Regional Service Director involved. His truck has less than 40k miles on it.

The new Duramax that GM is putting in the new Canyons is going to be a big seller. A mid size truck with a diesel engine is quite appealing to many.......

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:07 AM
    Thanks
    Some info and pictures here...

First drive 2015 Chevrolet Colorado / GMC Canyon
    Gizmo2 likes this.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to spferdil For This Useful Post:

Gizmo2 (11-14-2014)

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:14 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post
    Toyota sure had some problems with their older Tacoma trucks and frame rusting through to the point where Toyota had to buy trucks from owners to settle them down. Now that was several years ago but it always made me wonder how a company so concerned about quality could miss such an important one.

I think the troublesome Tacoma's were sold about the time you selected your Chevy. I have a friend who had his truck frame "undercoated" on his Tacoma and it rotted from the inside out. The metal wasn't "treated" correctly (apparently it missed being dipped and sprayed) from the factory and it resulted in his frame breaking in two one day when he hit a pothole. The local Toyota dealer gave him the run around for quite some time until I located the info on the web about the frame problems and then he got the Regional Service Director involved. His truck has less than 40k miles on it.

The new Duramax that GM is putting in the new Canyons is going to be a big seller. A mid size truck with a diesel engine is quite appealing to many.......
    My biggest issue with my Colorado is its lack of ground clearance. It gets stuck where the toys don't. The new Colorado dosnt look any better. Whats the point of a 4x4 that gets stuck in 8" of snow ? Now I do get my Dodge 2500 stuck now and then, but its because I'm pushing snow with the bumper.

I'm going to buy a new truck by spring, just not sure if I should replace the Colorado or the 2500. On my short list is the Tacoma, Colorado, F250/350 and the power wagon.
    Eric

2011 1026R / H120 / 60D auto-connect, independent-lift mmm / 54" snowblower / 4' KK Pro rotary mower / KK 4' tiller

12. Top | #9
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:47 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,001 Times in 2,957 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ejb69 View Post
    My biggest issue with my Colorado is its lack of ground clearance. It gets stuck where the toys don't. The new Colorado dosnt look any better. Whats the point of a 4x4 that gets stuck in 8" of snow ? Now I do get my Dodge 2500 stuck now and then, but its because I'm pushing snow with the bumper.

I'm going to buy a new truck by spring, just not sure if I should replace the Colorado or the 2500. On my short list is the Tacoma, Colorado, F250/350 and the power wagon.
    Sort of in the market also, short list here is F150 or a Tacoma. Toyota dealer said he will give me a Tacoma to drive around for a week while my Tundra is getting the frame replaced. Big issue I have with the Tacoma is the seat is far too low and it was the first thing I noticed when I test drove one.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD,
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

13. Top | #10
    ccw

Last Online
    07-17-2015 @ 04:00 PM
    Thanks
    my garage is little small 24x24 if it was bigger i would look at the new ford with the aluminum frame but that is out of the question. our gas TAX in MI will double by 2018 to .42cents a gallon reg now is 2.89 diesel is 3.98 so no diesel truck. don't know what future holds for me in my next purchase.

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast