• 1 Post By sennister

Thread: ID Parts now for trucks - Cummins, Powerstroke, Duramax

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:59 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,059 Times in 2,224 Posts

ID Parts now for trucks - Cummins, Powerstroke, Duramax

ID Parts started out years ago as TDI Parts specializing in parts for VW TDIs. After a little scuttle with VW they had to change their name. Since then they have expanded into many diesel car parts and now getting into diesel truck parts.

I am a long time customer but am not obliged to write this. Just a pleased customer. Many of us have become used to the excellent service from our sponsoring vendors here - I feel we are mostly spoiled because of them. Well ID Parts is the same way with their customer service - excellent. Their price isnít always the best but if not equal just a bit above other vendors. But as we know, price isnít everything when it comes to buying on-line.

Check them out some time.

Article about their new truck parts -

https://www.idparts.com/news.php?articles_id=197

Main website -

https://www.idparts.com/index.php
    glc, Tomfive and wildbranch2007 like this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:24 PM
    Thanks
    ^^ +2

I've been dealing with ID parts for years too. Never had a problem with any orders or parts ... so I can't really comment on their customer service (never had to call them). They are the first place I look when I don't need emergency parts that day, but shipping and delivery of what they have in stock has been great, not more than a day or two.
    coaltrain likes this.
    Tom

2011 1026R/R4's -- H120 FEL/49" -- 260 BH/12" -- Bro-Tek Ripper -- Artillian Forks/42" -- 244 lbs JD Rear Wheel Weights -- KBOH Hooks and Clevis' --
    Block heater -- 180* T-stat -- Evans HP Waterless Coolant

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    09-16-2019 @ 06:08 PM
    Thanks
    I too am a long time customer of IDParts.
    Ive always liked that they sell quality parts, in that you dont have to guess if its a good value or not, or if it will last or not.

As to customer service, Ive only needed it once, and it was outstanding. I ordered the wrong brake pads, because I didnt read the description. It came up under parts for my car, but the description said basically only if youve upgraded to a different models brake system.
    Anywho, they certainly didnt have to, but they sent a label for me to return them, and sent me out the correct ones immediately.

I also like the fact that one of the guys is a TDI Wagon guy like me...lol.
    Tomfive and coaltrain like this.
    Jim B.

318, 49 Thrower, 2 80 Carts, 17AT cart, 54 Blade, 12" Brinly Plow, 30 Hydraulic Tiller w/extension & Briney 3-Pt hitch, 50 deck w/JRCO Cart Bagger.
    2025R, 120R loader w/Kens Bolt On Hooks, 260B backhoe w/8" & 16" buckets, Titan 36" forks, Imatch hitch, Weight Bracket/Hitch.

Exmark Lazer Z HP 52"
    Husqvarna 550XP, 562XP, 55 Rancher

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:37 PM
    Thanks
    Another vote for IDPARTS. Great customer service, awesome people and well priced quality parts. Just ordered from them in April actually!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Tomfive and coaltrain like this.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:59 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,059 Times in 2,224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJim View Post
    I too am a long time customer of IDParts.
    Ive always liked that they sell quality parts, in that you dont have to guess if its a good value or not, or if it will last or not.

As to customer service, Ive only needed it once, and it was outstanding. I ordered the wrong brake pads, because I didnt read the description. It came up under parts for my car, but the description said basically only if youve upgraded to a different models brake system.
    Anywho, they certainly didnt have to, but they sent a label for me to return them, and sent me out the correct ones immediately.

I also like the fact that one of the guys is a TDI Wagon guy like me...lol.
    The only TDI I have left is my wifeís Ď99 Beetle Bug. I canít work on my vehicles anymore so I have a local shop do my inspections. If/when it needs something replaced they are OK with me supplying the parts. I donít trust any of the local parts stores from supplying Chinese parts. So I order from ID Parts and have the shop install them. At least I know I am getting quality parts put on.
    Tomfive likes this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:43 PM
    Thanks
    I have been a customer for quite a while as well. Haven't bought much from them lately though now that there is no TDI in the stable. I imagine they had to diversify once there was the crack down on TDI vehicles. Not that they are going to be off the road anytime soon, but most car companies are going other directions now. Trucks are not going anywhere anytime soon but I suspect the diesel powered cars are gone for good. They had a tough go in the US market anyhow because of the bad blood from the 80s. They took off in Europe a lot more than they ever did here but that was mainly because of less tax on the fuel which in turn meant much cheaper to operate. They are even on the decline in that market from what I have read.
    coaltrain likes this.

JD Z950R 60" Deck with DFS Collection System

JD X585, 54C deck,
    CTC Model X4750 F.E.L - Modified Imp Pressure Relief from 900 to 1175PSI, Power Flow and MC519 cart, 54-inch Quick-Hitch Front Blade, 47-inch Quick-Hitch Snow Blower, 3-pt hitch, HF Quick Hitch, Heavy Hitch, 48" box blade/rear blade, Dethacher, 3pt Sprayer

9. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements