Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Trailer Ramps to load/unload 1025 R with backhoe

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    08-31-2019 @ 11:20 PM
    Thanks

Trailer Ramps to load/unload 1025 R with backhoe

Just picked up my new 1025 with bucket, mmm, and backhoe. I got it on my 10x5 dump trailer nicely and back home. Problem is the ramps that are included with the dump trailer are about 4.5 feet long and too steep/short and the backhoe bottoms out when trying to load/unload. I'm looking for some setup to enable me to do this easily and would love some suggestions?

We were able to get it on at the dealer by loading on a hill, but that isn't feasible everywhere.

Thoughts?

- Some blocks, or 4x6s under the ramps to reduce the steepness and provide slight bump off the ground?
    - Others?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20190122_160230.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    08-11-2019 @ 01:34 PM
    Thanks
    How about unhooking the trailer from your truck and jacking up the front of the trailer before unloading. Just make sure you don't raise it too high that the back end bottoms out when unloading the tractor. It sounds like you just need a couple of inches. Maybe put a 6x6 across the back underneath so it doesn't bottom out.
    Last edited by Robnik; 01-22-2019 at 07:00 PM.
    keane and SulleyBear like this.
    2015 1025R TLB
    Kens bolt on hooks and clevis (3) and differential lock pedal
    JD phd with 6" and 9" augers
    2048 box blade
    Titan 36" forks
    Country Way 40 gallon 3 pt. Sprayer
    Piranha tooth bar
    6 acres in Central Florida

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    08-12-2019 @ 11:01 AM
    Thanks
    You could put it in 4wd and use the backhoe to push down and lift the rear some while backing off. When I load an excavator into my dump I use the arm and bucket as a drag. Is there no dirtpile to offload into? Drive into a ditch or something?
    John Deere 1025R, Frontier RB2060 Rear blade, JD 647 Tiller, JD Quick hitch 60HD" Broom, 54" Blade with clip on extensions, 54" Blower, BX42 Wood chipper, Homemade pallet forks, 60" Snow pusher, Land plane. Lots of other cool things.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    08-31-2019 @ 11:20 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dombougie View Post
    You could put it in 4wd and use the backhoe to push down and lift the rear some while backing off. When I load an excavator into my dump I use the arm and bucket as a drag. Is there no dirtpile to offload into? Drive into a ditch or something?
    I'm brand new to this unit and no experience with it, so wasnt' looking to do my first lesson of using the backhow on a dismount. There isn't a dirtpile easily accessible, but I'm scouting the neighboorhood. Looks like I will have a project once I get it unloaded.

I was hoping for some other type of ramp setup to enable me to do this easily in the future. But open to any suggestion to get the new toy off safetly

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:20 PM
    Thanks
    Not sure how your ramps hook on the back of the trailer, but being a dump trailer could you raise the bed to lesson the steepness of the ramps?
    Doug, Robnik, Bumper and 2 others like this.
    Thanks Bob
    Fire trucks are Red/Tractors are Green

2005 JD 790. 419 FEL, Frontier Forks, 6' brush Hog, back blade,7'FEL Snowplow.
    1963 JD 4010. 7' Lucknow 3pt Snowblower
    JD 24T Baler
    JD 14T Baler
    2013 JD 825i-Cab,winch,led lights 6' Snowplow.
    1951 JD MT.
    2011 JD Z445

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jdmich For This Useful Post:

dombougie (01-22-2019)

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:44 PM
    Thanks
    I'd say head back to the trailer dealer and trade up to get a longer trailer with longer ramps. Heck with looking for berms or hills.
    mjncad, mark02tj, keane and 5 others like this.
    Chris

2019 4052R/Cab, iMatch QH, 440R Loader w/BW16358 Bucket(Got Loops) , Frontier RB5072 Blade, Frontier LP1184 Land Plane, Front moveable fenders, Rear fender extensions, Dual Exterior mirrors,Ballast Box BW15073, Dual rear work lights(LVB24853), JD Hammerstrap, R2 4" Edge Tamers, (coming soon: Weather radar,FLIR,HUD, Chocolate bar & "Manpon" dispensers)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Spectre For This Useful Post:

kylew (01-22-2019)

11. Top | #7

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:07 PM
    Thanks
    I do this all the time,,,
    simply lift the dump bed until you have a shallow angle that suits you,,,

I usually don't do it because something hits,,
    I just do not like driving up the steep ramps,,

It would be impossible to load this Cub Cadet and mower with the bed down,,,
    Last edited by CADplans; 01-22-2019 at 07:26 PM.
    BigJim55, OldmanX, keane and 3 others like this.
    Some of the tractors include JD 4105, JD 855, JD 650,,,, and,,, the IH 584 4WD
    My favorite attachment is the homemade landplane,,, EVERYONE needs one of those!!

12. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:51 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,488 Times in 1,397 Posts
    Longer ramps, they aren't expensive and you can store them inside the trailer when transporting. I would get them long enough that the loading and unloading with the trailer is perfectly level is ideal, probably 6 to 7 foot. Get aluminum ramps as the are lightest and will meet weight requirements. Make sure the ramps are rated for 3,500 lbs as ny time you have the tractor FEL and backhoe on the trailer, its going to be north of 1 ton in weight for sure.

These are ideal in weight rating, length, width, they have the crown to assist in unloading and Northern is a great company to deal with. They stand behind their products and they don't sell junk.

About 30 pounds a piece and they fold for easy handling. And they are on sale with Free Shipping......

Ultra| Northern Tool + Equipment

Congratulations on your new tractor
    Last edited by SulleyBear; 01-22-2019 at 07:35 PM.
    BigJim55, Robnik and kylew like this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

13. Top | #9
    Last Online
    08-12-2019 @ 11:01 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jdmich View Post
    Not sure how your ramps hook on the back of the trailer, but being a dump trailer could you raise the bed to lesson the steepness of the ramps?
    This could work also, not sure where the angle is to steep if you're worried about the centre of the trailer or bottom of the ramps. My trailer is much taller than yours guessing by the photo, I wouldn't even attempt to put my 1025 in there but i also have other options and for you its what works. If the backhoe bucket touches raise the arm, if the unit hoe itself seems to touch the dirt id say put it in 4 wheel and push on through. Lots of guys take their units into the woods and I'm sure have bumped a stump here and there. I don't think you'll break it, if you have a mid mount mower i would be worried about catching that on something though.

Had to edit to add welcome and add photos and if were lucky a video doing it!
    Last edited by dombougie; 01-22-2019 at 08:01 PM.
    BigJim55, jdmich and Robnik like this.

14. Top | #10

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Thanks

Can't recommend unhooking

Quote Originally Posted by Robnik View Post
    How about unhooking the trailer from your truck and jacking up the front of the trailer before unloading. Just make sure you don't raise it too high that the back end bottoms out when unloading the tractor. It sounds like you just need a couple of inches. Maybe put a 6x6 across the back underneath so it doesn't bottom out.
    I would suggest unhooking the trailer and then moving equipment on it is a bad idea. If there's any slope or softness in the ground the trailer will become an unstable see saw. There are lots of instances where truck trailer combinations slide down a hill just because the rear end of the truck lost traction and braking when a piece of equipment was being loaded or unloaded. No truck at all means no brakes on the trailer.

Have you tried backing the TLB onto the trailer? That might work but you will have to see if it affects the trailer tongue weight.

Treefarmer
    John Deere 790, 300 loader w Ken's Bolt on Hooks & Piranha tooth bar, grapple, back blade, box blade, Bush Hog mower, couple of red tractors, hay equipment, various old stuff some red, one orange, some I don't remember

15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast