Like Tree474Likes

Thread: Tesla Cybertruck

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:14 AM
    Thanks

Tesla Cybertruck

So what are the thoughts???

I was a bit disappointed in how far they went futuristic as I thought that a lot of the guesses on what it might look like were a lot better looking. I had pretty much said pass thinking no way I would spend $120K on that. Then they said the price. Starting at $35K for the single motor 250mile range and up to $69K for the tri-motor with 500 mile range, 14,000# towing capacity (what does it have for a hitch??) and 0-60 of 2.9 sec. That is in the price range of their Model 3 to the Model 3 performance for something much more useful.

They have both 110V and 220V outlets. I guess you can use it for welding.

This is making it something I would actually consider. More so at that price point. $70K is about what I am looking at for a new F150 Limited. Factor in fuel savings (yeah still have an electric bill) and it is actually probably going to be cheaper. The new garage build we have been doing was done with an EV or two in mind. I really wonder what the range will be when we are pulling a 7000-7500# camper? There is the supercharger network but they are not as easy to use as we would have to drop the trailer to fit in a charging station. Though they did mention a trailer docking mode which I assume means it will auto backup to the trailer.

Cybertruck | Tesla

JD Z950R 60" Deck with DFS Collection System

JD X585, 54C deck,
    CTC Model X4750 F.E.L - Modified Imp Pressure Relief from 900 to 1175PSI, Power Flow and MC519 cart, 54-inch Quick-Hitch Front Blade, 47-inch Quick-Hitch Snow Blower, 3-pt hitch, HF Quick Hitch, Heavy Hitch, 48" box blade/rear blade, Dethacher, 3pt Sprayer

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:35 PM
    Thanks
    I already have mine on order,,,
    and I have also ordered a trailer with a diesel generator on board to extend the range,,

Plug the trailer into the truck,,, then "roll coal" at every traffic light like a truck is supposed to do,,,

The tough part is figuring out how to add dual stacks to the generator,,,

mjncad, glc, ChrisR and 9 others like this.
    Some of the tractors include JD 4105, JD 855, JD 650,,,, and,,, the IH 584 4WD
    My favorite attachment is the homemade landplane,,, EVERYONE needs one of those!!

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:16 PM
    Thanks
    It's beautiful

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sevenhills1952 For This Useful Post:

Kbar (11-22-2019)

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CADplans View Post
    I already have mine on order,,,
    and I have also ordered a trailer with a diesel generator on board to extend the range,,

Plug the trailer into the truck,,, then "roll coal" at every traffic light like a truck is supposed to do,,,

The tough part is figuring out how to add dual stacks to the generator,,,

Don't forget about the Tesla ATV in the back. There are rumors about all these accessories that they might be selling. Everything from the camping setup that they showed to the trailer.

I was talking with a coworker who already has a Tesla this morning. He was saying how the didn't like it when he first saw it but it is growing on him. He has a Model 3 now and is looking at moving up to the S but this could replace his Tundra that he has now and might be a better move for him as it is much less money and more practical for his needs. He was thinking keep the 3 and maybe get one of these.

I mentioned what about not being able to roll coal. However what would be a cool accessory is a fake tailpipe that is actually a stun gun so when you stop on it, it start arcing. Probably only be able to see it at night though.
    glc likes this.

JD X585, 54C deck,
    CTC Model X4750 F.E.L - Modified Imp Pressure Relief from 900 to 1175PSI, Power Flow and MC519 cart, 54-inch Quick-Hitch Front Blade, 47-inch Quick-Hitch Snow Blower, 3-pt hitch, HF Quick Hitch, Heavy Hitch, 48" box blade/rear blade, Dethacher, 3pt Sprayer

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:40 AM
    Thanks
    I like it but that body style...looks like something from the first blade runner
    glc, wildbranch2007 and DanW like this.
    1025R, 120R FEL, 60D MMM, imatch, Frontier 2060L, Rimguard, Bunch of homemade stuff

WARNING-
    I will spontaneously spout off nonsense at any given time

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:31 AM
    Thanks
    I had hopes. I like the 3500 lb payload but with such an unconventional bed design, no thanks.
    wildbranch2007 likes this.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napoleon Bonaparte

2018 1023E w/120R loader & 53" bucket, 60D MMM w/auto PTO coupler & hydraulic lift, Deere 3rd Mid SCV, iMatch 3ph, ballast box, ROPS Light Guard, Deck Dolly, Edge Tamers, Ken's Hooks and diff pedal, Heavy Hitch Toothbar, Frontier AV20F Grapple, HLA HD0942 pallet forks, Grammer MSG85/721 Suspension Seat, Front Quick Hitch w/Hydraulic angle, Deere 60" QH Blade

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:56 PM
    Thanks
    The windows were shattered during the demo of how they were unbreakable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Gra$$guy728 For This Useful Post:

Sevenhills1952 (11-22-2019)

12. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DanW View Post
    I had hopes. I like the 3500 lb payload but with such an unconventional bed design, no thanks.
    I get a complaint about the unconventional bed design but just curious what you have against 3,500# payload rating?

This is targeting the 1/2 truck market and for comparison a F150 has a 1,125-2,309# payload capacity (based on a quick Google Search). If you are thinking towing capacity that is up to 14,000# but as I have complained in the various towing discussions you normally will run out of hitch (and payload which is eaten up by that hitch weight) capacity well before getting close to a towing capacity in any truck I have looked at.

I am not a Tesla fan boy in any means and sure wish it was a more conventional design. I have other concerns such as crumple zones. They show how tough the doors are but what is it going to do in a crash? Also, hey look at our new exoskeleton design where traditional trucks are body on frame design. That's great but how are you going to fix it in a crash. You might not get door dings but stainless is going to be a lot harder and more expensive to repair in the case of an accident. Can body shops even work on it? I have a cousin that works as an insurance adjuster and he has been complaining about Teslas for years because there is no aftermarket source for parts. That is great as it means you will get OEM parts for fixing things. That makes repairs more expensive though and if all the parts they produce go into a new vehicle, there are not many spares being made to repair damaged vehicles so they would have cars in the shop for months waiting on a bumper or some other part. Maybe this is better now but it will be the case for a while when a new model comes out. Not to mention you can't just leave them sit as they have to keep charging them as they always are discharging a bit. Unbreakable glass that was easily broken.. Even when he did a lob at the back window.. Well, what is the point? I don't want unbreakable glass. I have $0 deductible on glass anyhow so I don't care about that.

Like I said, I am not a fan boy. There are issues that people need to think about with these. I wonder how it will go over. I was mainly shocked at how low the price was. I was really thinking the base would have been $80K+. The fully decked out one with the full self driving is $76,900. That price isn't factoring in fuel savings. When comparing to a truck they would be more of a savings then comparing smaller cars like when you look at something like the Model 3.

JD X585, 54C deck,

13. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:32 AM
    Thanks
    Groundbreaking design

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	79916_delorean_dmc_12_satin_finish_autoart_die-cast_scale_1-18_side_view.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	185.0 KB 
ID:	714832

Name:	screen-shot-2019-11-22-at-12-25-37-am-1574400473.png 
Views:	25 
Size:	551.9 KB 
ID:	714834

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubber For This Useful Post:

Sevenhills1952 (11-22-2019)

15. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubber View Post
    Groundbreaking design

Name:	79916_delorean_dmc_12_satin_finish_autoart_die-cast_scale_1-18_side_view.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	185.0 KB 
ID:	714832

Name:	screen-shot-2019-11-22-at-12-25-37-am-1574400473.png 
Views:	25 
Size:	551.9 KB 
ID:	714834
    They while they claim a 0-60 of 2.9 sec when you have the top of the line Tri-motor, is the 0-88 speed 0.00 seconds and leave flames in your tire tracks????

JD X585, 54C deck,

16. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast