Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Maddog

Thread: Dodge Ram 1500

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:33 PM
    Thanks

Dodge Ram 1500

Found a Ram 1500 on a new car dealers lot. It's a 2005, standard cab with a full bed. Only 54,000 miles on it & really nice condition. Dealer says he put in new ball joints in front, both sides, a new Cat converter & all the hardware & pipe, new & replaced a leaky rear main engine seal which was probably leaking due to old age. Dealer asking $11,250. I started at $7,000. They came down to $10,500 plus tax & tags.

We went back & forth on price. Up & down horse trading. My final offer was $9,000 solid. The manager again said he could not do it for that price because they put a lot into it. I told him, its sitting here, no one is going to buy a standard cab two door long bed except an old man like me & the old guy who traded it in for a new car or four door truck. They laughed at my comment. Then the manager says that it has a few more days on the lot then it will go to auction. I got up & said, "Good Luck getting $10,500 at the auction. You will be lucky to get $6,500 less the auction fees." I guess I hit the sweet spot, because he blushed a little & then smiled. My son in law is a used car salesman & told me when they took it in on trade they paid well below the market value & the repairs they made are within budget on the vehicle. My son in law told me to start at $7 & go no more than 9. And I believe my son in-law to be right on the dealer's investment because when I said to the manager you would be lucky if you got $6,500 less fees at auction, he was embarrassed. Dealer's can be really stupid on how they do business.

While I did not get the deal I wanted, I am a firm believer that no deal is better than a rotten deal. Maybe Viet Nam Kerry could take a lesson from us on how to get up & walk away when it's not in your best interests to offer any concessions beyond the limit you originally set.
    DRobinson, flyweight and farmmike like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:58 PM
    Thanks
    Maybe they knew it was one of the trucks Chrysler is gonna buy back??

I can not find that list anywhere,,,

4. Top | #3
    Jer
    Last Online
    11-13-2017 @ 08:24 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CADplans View Post
    Maybe they knew it was one of the trucks Chrysler is gonna buy back??

I can not find that list anywhere,,,
    All I've found so far is that the buy backs are 2008+, and only in America so far..... I have a 2008 3500, north of the 49th...

-J.
    2014 JD 5075M (just barely pre T IV emissions), H310 with bucket mounted grapple, HLA powertine forks, 8' HLA snowblade, Schulte SDX-840 Snowblower, Rhino 12' Flail, 6' Sweepster 3pt PTO broom, hydraulic toplink from CCM, LED lights front and back, big pile of 3pt implements.

2006 JD 3120 with R3 Turf Tires, 300x loader, Artillian Forks & Trailer Mover

Gator 825i S4 - NOW WITH TRACKS!!!

2014 pre-emission 997 with 60" deck

Wish List:
    now that I have a cozy cab, nothing really....

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements