• 1 Post By mark02tj

Thread: The importance of a Picture

1. Top | #1
    Jep

Last Online
    Today @ 10:00 AM
    Thanks

The importance of a Picture

A picture can inspire ideas. I had truck tool box kicking around the barn for a while. When I bought my 7x 16 trailer it just had to have a box on it. Too large to mount on the tongue. I welder up some brackets. I mounted inside the front of the box. The first time I loaded up to travel, I discovered.... Perfect (Not) what pain,1025r /loader/backhoe fit but just barely. I had raised the box up for tie down chains, but oh so tight to hookup. My first full load of mulch proved to be pain #2. Oh so hard to clean out, what a mess. Off came the box and all was good, except no box. Back in the barn went the box.
    Inspiration from the trailer forum. Kenny posted a picture there. The light bulb in my head went off. (Thanks Kenny) A front crank trailer Jack, was the answer. Logged on Eteailer and got sizes. Perfect fit. Ordered and installed. Reinstalled the box , but on the front of the trailer. Problem solved. All thanks to a single picture. (Thanks Kenny)
    Pictures are so important.
    http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...-box-image.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
    mjncad, RandyM, Gizmo2 and 6 others like this.
    1025R TLB 54D MM, Imatch Quick hitch, BB, Ken's bolt on hooks, Piranha Tooth Bar, 36" Artillian forks, Cyclone rake XL, 54" Snowblower, 54"used blade, Edge Tamer and Extender, Heavy Hitch Subsoiler. Trailers: Sure-Trac 5x8 dump and a 7x16 steel side., 647 tiller, 5048 Box blade, heavy hitch tooth bar, 260B hoe, mulch kit

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jep For This Useful Post:

Jeff R. (08-16-2015), Marlin (08-16-2015)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:17 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,090 Times in 2,552 Posts
    Your welcome Jep!

PS, I moved this to the Truck and Trailer forum from the SCUT forum
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

5. Top | #3

Last Online
    Today @ 09:07 PM
    Thanks
    You mentioned mulch.... I bought a 5x8 trailer last year since I don't have a pickup truck. I bought an 8x12 tarp from Menard's and also 3 2x4's. I left 2 of them at full 8' length. I then cut the other two to be wedged front and back to keep the side 2x4's tight against the side of the trailer. I also marked the 2x4's so that they always went back in the same position. When I picked up mulch, I spread the tarp and installed the 2x4's to keep the tarp in place. Then I loaded the mulch on top of the tarp. When I get home to unload, I can shovel it into the wheelbarrow or the FEL bucket . As the pile gets smaller, I can pull up the 2x4's, pull the sides of the tarp to condense the pile and keep on shovelin'! At the end of the job, the trailer bottom is nice and clean.
    Jep likes this.
    '05 JD 3520 Open Station w/ 300CX FEL
    Grandpa's '52 Farmall Cub
    A couple of old Gravelys
    Help a Vet and his dog

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements