Like Tree115Likes

Thread: etrailer.com ?

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:53 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,079 Times in 2,545 Posts

Thumbs down etrailer.com ?

Anybody have good/bad things to say about etrailer.com? I placed my first order with them Sunday and have had a terrible experience so far. Just curious what others think before I post my story here.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:44 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,988 Times in 2,945 Posts
    I've been to that site a 1000 times but never bought anything. Sorry.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD,
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:28 AM
    Thanks
    never heard of it. what kind of issues are you having?

and what did you get?
    Levi likes this.
    - 2002 John Deere 4510 TLB PR,
    -Woods BB60X 60" rotary cutter
    -Countyline box blade,
    -Allis Chalmers sickle mower,
    -RED windrow rake,
    -titan 48" 3000 pound forks/bale spear
    - Farm Star rear bale spear

Yamaha Rhino 700, Yamaha Rhino 660,
    Murray 624 mower/38" deck

5. The Following User Says Thank You to johnH123 For This Useful Post:

jdmich (08-25-2015)

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:58 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by johnH123 View Post
    never heard of it. what kind of issues are you having?

and what did you get?
    I wanted to buy a brake controller from them,,,,, I called,,, I emailed,,,

I wanted to get it from them as a reward for the excellent videos they produced.

They guaranteed they would match any other price on the internet,,

Well, they would sell me the brake controller,,, at THEIR price, then,,, I could apply for a refund,,,

Naaaaa,,, I just ordered from Amazon,, it was here,, with free shipping,,, in 2 days.
    Levi, BigJim55 and Marlin like this.

8. Top | #5

Last Online
    Today @ 01:45 PM
    Thanks
    I've ordered a couple of hitches, a sway control unit and a brake controller though them over the years. Never had any problems. They have a pretty good reputation in the RV community. They are a little slow in verifying orders but stuff has always showed up as advertised and sooner than expected.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:46 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,660 Times in 1,090 Posts
    I've bought from them numerous times and always been happy.
    -Blake

Your mileage may vary.

JD 6410
    Some other stuff

YouTube- Life in Wyoming

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:54 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,142 Times in 973 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    I've been to that site a 1000 times but never bought anything. Sorry.
    Same here. I did mention the site to a friend who did buy a hitch from them. He had it super quick and was very happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jamie

2011 JD 1026R - w/60" NON-AutoConnect MMM, FEL w/WR Long Toothbar, 47" Front Mount Snowblower, 54" Front Mount Blade w/ Rubber Edge, 48" KingKutter Tiller & Brush Hog, CountyLine Carry All and CountyLine 60" Rear Blade, Pat's EZ-Change Quick Hitch System
    1990 JD 185 - 46"MMM w/Power Flow Bagger

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:48 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,586 Times in 996 Posts
    Kenny,

I've purchased some trailer maintenance and repair parts from them time to time. Recently converted all the clearance lights on my Featherlite enclosed trailer to LED's. Purchased the plug-in LED lights, a replacement socket, replacement trailer brake battery box and some bearing buddies. Had everything in a few days.

Frank
    Levi and BigJim55 like this.
    John Deere 3320
    eHydro, R4's, 300CX Loader, 61" HD Bucket
    JD Tooth Bar, Deluxe Hood Guard, Ken's Bolt-on Hooks
    485 Backhoe w. 18" HD Bucket
    Mid-PTO, Front 3 Point Hitch, 366 Front Blade
    Tarter 5' 3PH Tiller
    Frontier AP12F Forks

John Deere 2032R
    R3's, 220R Loader, 57" HD Bucket
    Curtis Hard Side Cab & Heater
    62D Deck, iMatch Quick Hitch
    54 Snowblower
    Super HeavyHitch
    Little Wonder "Optimax" & JRCO Blower Buggy
    Fimco 60 Gallon 3PH Boomless Sprayer w. PTO Pump

12. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:53 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,079 Times in 2,545 Posts
    Well, I guess I am the odd man out-so far anyway.

On Sunday evening, 8/23 I ordered a Fulton 600lb braking boat winch for my hydraulic press (adding it to the table). To get over the $99 "free" shipping number I also added some fluff I didn't really need like two receiver hitch covers and a reducer sleeve.

With an hour (yes on Sunday evening) I get this reply:

Ken xxxxxxxxx,

Your order is in transit to our distribution facility and should ship in the next 7 days.

If you have any questions, you can reach me at 1-800-298-8924

Thanks,

George J
    Cool that I got a response on a Sunday evening, but to that I replied "ship in the next 7 days" Really?

So on Monday I get this email:
    Kenny,

Thank you for your order with etrailer.com; we appreciate your business.

Our shipment of the hitch cover has not yet arrived from the manufacturer. I checked with them for an update, and they let me know we should be able to ship mid September. We will continue to watch your order and I will notify you if we receive any further updates.

If there is anything else with which we can assist you; or if you would like to inquire if we have an alternate item in stock please do not hesitate to call us at 1-800-298-8924.

Thanks,

Amber G.

Mid-September?
    WOW. I emailed Amber back and forth several times throughout the day explaining that I needed the winch ASAP and that I shouldn't have to wait almost three weeks because they don't ( and didn't show as out of stock on the website) have one small item (one of the hitch covers) to ship, and I assumed she agreed when I received this reply from her:

Kenny,

Thank you for your order with etrailer.com; we appreciate your business.

Our shipment of the got duramax hitch cover has not yet arrived from the manufacturer. I will continue to watch your order and I will notify you if I receive any further updates.

Everything else on your order is in stock and ready to ship right away. If you would like me to ship the in stock items, please respond back to this email. When we split an order your card is charged for all the items, even the out of stock item. Then we'll ship the out of stock item once it arrives; there is no extra charge for this service.

I look forward to your reply.

Thanks,

Amber G.

And to that I replied "Yes Amber, please ship what you have now please, I thought this was clear in the last message. Kenny"

OK, all good right? Well then I get this message:

Ken,

Thank you for your email.

I can get your order split, however, there would be a fee of $15.53 so that you could get your other items quicker, I apologize for any confusions.

If there is anything we can assist you with or if you have any questions please do not hesitate to email or call 1-800-298-8924.

Thank you,

Amber G.

They are going to charge me $15.53 to "split" the order ship a cheap plastic hitch cover separately? Really!??

So I called, A gent answered and stated Amber was away from her desk, but he knew what this was about because he asked if I was calling about the Duramax hitch cover. After I told my story to him, I was put on hold for 3 minutes, and when he returned he stated there was a mistake, it would only be $2.99 to "split" the order and later ship the hitch cover. I stated once again that I shouldn't have to pay shipping on a back-order, especially since it was not shown as out of stock on the website when I ordered it. He would not budge from that position, so I canceled the hitch cover on the order.

I wrote this letter after the call:

Amber, and to whom it may concern,
    I guess you know by now that I called after receiving your last message. I just want to reiterate how disappointing this entire transaction has been with etrailer, it was my first experience and I promise it will be my last. First telling me that my order wouldn't ship for 7 days, then that became "mid September" sometime, then when your asked to ship the parts you have and agreeing, you come back after the fact and tell me there will be a $15.53 charge to do that? Really?
    The back-ordered item was not shown as such on the website, so I had now idea I was ordering an "out of stock" item, then when I finally called and complained about all this they only offered to reduce the extra shipping charge to $2.99 instead of trying to make me a satisfied customer and just forgo the $2.99 fee. Finally, I decided to cancel the back-ordered item and be done, now I am thinking I should have just canceled the whole order and gave my money to a company that is interested in pleasing it's customers.
    Amber replied with this:

Kenny,

Thank you for your reply.

I do apologize for any hassle that you've gotten over this order.

etrailer.com is continuously looking for ways to improve our customers' experience and we take your comments very seriously. Without honest feedback from valued customers like you we would not know where we need to make improvements.

If there is anything we can assist you with or if you have any questions please do not hesitate to email or call 1-800-298-8924.

Thank you,

Amber G.
    And finally, to that I replied:

Amber,
    You all missed several opportunities to make this right-especially when I called but it was decided that $2.99 was worth loosing a future customer over-and maybe more when/if I post about this experience on my tractor forum.

One major improvement you can make is to NEVER attempt to charge a customer to ship a back-order or tell then it will be three weeks before you can ship anything because of one.

That is just good business.

So, maybe its just me with the problem? Am I overreacting?
    I suspect all those with great experiences didn't happen to unknowingly order an out of stock item.
    mjncad, Gizmo2, DRobinson and 6 others like this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

13. Top | #10
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:11 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,325 Times in 2,598 Posts
    I think you did the right thing. You let them know what the issue was. You weren't a jerk. You gave them multiple opportunities to make it right. Their loss.

Based on your experience, I don't believe I would place an order with them. I don't need the hassle when there are other companies willing to provide good customer service.

A dollar goes where it's best treated.
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    Dieselshadow is my Hero.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to dieselshadow For This Useful Post:

Kennyd (08-25-2015)

15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast