Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Trailer for my 1026R

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    06-21-2015 @ 08:58 PM
    Thanks

Trailer for my 1026R

Okay guys. I am in the market for a trailer and have been reading the threads on here plus doing internet research. At first, I was leaning towards a landscape trailer, but am now moving my thoughts towards a car hauler to have multi-purpose. I know that Brian did extensive research and was torn between what he ended up with versus a tilt trailer. I just came across a company on Ebay called wholesale trailer, and their actual company is called MuleTuf located in Sikeston, MO. I can get a tilt trailer from them with a 18' long bed plus 4' of flat to put implements on for the same price as what I am seeing for landscape trailers around here. What am I missing here since I was under the impression that tilt trailers were about double? From the pictures they appear to be well built, but has anyone seen or own one of their trailers? Thanks for the help!
    2012 1026R w/block heater, forward lighting kit w/Artillian Work Light Glare Shrouds, R4's, redesigned iMatch Cat 1 Quick Hitch plus HeavyHitch and Ballast Box
    H120 Loader w/53" bucket and Ken's Bolt On Grab Hooks
    54D Mower w/AutoConnect PTO
    54" Quick-Hitch Front Blade w/Artillian Extension Wings
    Artillian Pallet Forks
    48" Kodiak Box Blade
    2010 Ztrak Z930A

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    06-05-2014 @ 03:22 PM
    Thanks
    When I was looking, I was looking at a 14K trailer. Price for a car hauler was 3K and a tilt 16 plus 4 was 4.5K.

I wish I would have bought the tilt! I was looking at the PJ tilt!

I will sell you my trailer for a great deal if you want. Then I will buy the tilt.

Brian

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:06 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,141 Times in 2,583 Posts
    I never heard of them, but I looked at the PJ tilts years ago as well-I just could not justify it for the little towing I do.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:01 AM
    Thanks
    What are you going to pull it with ? I use a 20' 10K car trailer, but I have a 3/4 ton truck. If you have a 1/2 ton or a suv it may be best to go with a 6k car trailer.

I am not a big fan of tilt trailers. They are great for hauling a bobcat or car, but for hauling multiple items I'd rather have a ramp trailer.
    Eric

2011 1026R / H120 / 60D auto-connect, independent-lift mmm / 54" snowblower / 4' KK Pro rotary mower / KK 4' tiller

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    06-21-2015 @ 08:58 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    When I was looking, I was looking at a 14K trailer. Price for a car hauler was 3K and a tilt 16 plus 4 was 4.5K.

I wish I would have bought the tilt! I was looking at the PJ tilt!

I will sell you my trailer for a great deal if you want. Then I will buy the tilt.
    Thanks for the offer Brian, but if I bought your trailer, I would not have tilt either!! Your trailer is also too heavy as I am looking at a 7k trailer since obviously my tractor does not weigh anything like yours does. I like the looks of the PJ T5, but cannot justify the 4.5k, which is why I was asking about the MuleTuf since it is 2.5k. Seems too good to be true for that price and I was wondering if anyone had experience with them.

To ejb69 - yes, I definately should have put into my inquiry what I use for towing. It is a Lincoln Mark Lt, which for the most part, is a Ford F150 Crew Cab. Thanks for your insight into a tilt trailer.
    2012 1026R w/block heater, forward lighting kit w/Artillian Work Light Glare Shrouds, R4's, redesigned iMatch Cat 1 Quick Hitch plus HeavyHitch and Ballast Box
    H120 Loader w/53" bucket and Ken's Bolt On Grab Hooks
    54D Mower w/AutoConnect PTO
    54" Quick-Hitch Front Blade w/Artillian Extension Wings
    Artillian Pallet Forks
    48" Kodiak Box Blade
    2010 Ztrak Z930A

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrb94 For This Useful Post:

rwmasson (04-20-2015)

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    11-14-2019 @ 03:26 PM
    Thanks
    I have heard of the company you mentioned in mo and have not heard anything good about them. I have purchased three of the pj trailers and can tell you I have never had anything close to the quality of the pj powder coated etc led lights. Don't buy a cheap car hauler you will hate it and it will probably be unsafe to add insult to injury. Unless you plan to haul very heavy items way more than a 1026 and stuff I would opt for the 6000 lb trailer with ramps and make sure your choice has storage for the ramps built in a good brand will have this. I like the wood floors the one I had was great with a metal floor but very slippery.
    Robert Johnson

2012 JD 1026R , 120 loader, forks, quick hitch and 54" hyd snow blade, 60" Auto connect
    260 backhoe, bro-tek thumb and ripper plow
    Omni Mfg rear weight bar and ripper- trailer hitch

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    06-05-2014 @ 03:22 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrb94 View Post
    Thanks for the offer Brian, but if I bought your trailer, I would not have tilt either!! Your trailer is also too heavy as I am looking at a 7k trailer since obviously my tractor does not weigh anything like yours does. I like the looks of the PJ T5, but cannot justify the 4.5k, which is why I was asking about the MuleTuf since it is 2.5k. Seems too good to be true for that price and I was wondering if anyone had experience with them.

To ejb69 - yes, I definately should have put into my inquiry what I use for towing. It is a Lincoln Mark Lt, which for the most part, is a Ford F150 Crew Cab. Thanks for your insight into a tilt trailer.
    I think I was looking at the T6, a 14K trailer. I would think a T5 should be less. 4,500 was the out the door price including a $75 plate and 6% tax.

That was a sweet trailer, but the $$$ was what holds me back. I don't use it enough to justify the price.

Brian

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    01-03-2014 @ 10:49 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rcjohns View Post
    I have heard of the company you mentioned in mo and have not heard anything good about them. I have purchased three of the pj trailers and can tell you I have never had anything close to the quality of the pj powder coated etc led lights. Don't buy a cheap car hauler you will hate it and it will probably be unsafe to add insult to injury. Unless you plan to haul very heavy items way more than a 1026 and stuff I would opt for the 6000 lb trailer with ramps and make sure your choice has storage for the ramps built in a good brand will have this. I like the wood floors the one I had was great with a metal floor but very slippery.
    You say you "have not herd anything good about them". Dose that mean you have herd anything bad about them? I just took a look at there ebay site and for 2500.00 I think it is a good looking trailer, it is basic meaning it don't have LED lights or hydralic tilt, brakes on the 2nd axel is avaliable and thats all the stuff that hikes the price on a trailer.
    I need a trailer but don't have the funds, and I do not need to pull it very often so I think I would take a closer look at these when I do start looking for a trailer.
    Now all that said, If I was using it every day or for a business, then maybe I would look at different trailers and options.
    Just my .02 good luck in your search.
    Jeff

2012 X540
    Rim Guard loaded rear tires
    48'' Snow Plow with Angle Kit
    52''X24'' Lawn Roller

12. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:03 AM
    Thanks
    Sikeston, Missouri has several trailer manufacturers located there.

Jerry James Trailers http://jerryjamestrailersinc.com/
    Retco Trailers: http://retcotrailers.com/
    Trailer Express: http://www.trailerexpressmfg.com/
    Heartland Trailers: http://heartlandtrailermfg.com/
    Ja-Mar: http://www.jamartrailers.com/
    M & M trailers: http://www.mmtrailers.com/
    L & D trailers: No web site
    Kirk's Trailers: http://kirkstrailermfg.com/

There may be more, but it's a place where you can come and just shop around for a day and then buy and bring one home. Trailers all over the place. Most of these manufacturer's will special make one for you if you call them.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to T-Mo For This Useful Post:

Mrb94 (03-28-2012)

14. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:01 AM
    Thanks

LED lights

I have LED lights on my trailer and dont care for them. On snowy roads they seem to get snow covered and dont melt off as they dont get hot.
    Eric

2011 1026R / H120 / 60D auto-connect, independent-lift mmm / 54" snowblower / 4' KK Pro rotary mower / KK 4' tiller

15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast