Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Trailer questions.

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:42 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,510 Times in 1,616 Posts

Trailer questions.

Most of you know we bought a Honda Pioneer the other week. The XUV550 Gator would fit on the 60" trailer we had. One place I read the width of the Pioneer was 60". Measured it today yep its 60", no problem right--wrong, trailer is 59 1/2"... SH_ _. Going to see the neighbors son if I can use his trailer this spring for trip to dealer, but also thinking of selling my 10 yr old 5 x14 trailer. So my question is what would be a fair price to ask if i would sell the trailer. Yes this is the back yard ,but no it's the BIL and FIL houses your seeing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN2215.JPG  
    BigJim55 likes this.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 07:55 PM
    Thanks
    Around here off-hand I'd say you'd bee looking at $1200-$1500 but that may be way off for your area. I'd suggest looking at comparable models on Craigslist in your area and price accordingly.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Well been looking around here on Craiglist , no used ones for sale... The dealer where I bought this one has a new 6'4" x14 for 1285. I asked him about a trade in price but hasn't replied to me.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 07:55 PM
    Thanks
    Perhaps not right in your local area but...

https://charlestonwv.craigslist.org/grd/5340666603.html

https://charlestonwv.craigslist.org/grd/5340666603.html

Both of which makes me think I need to do my trailer shopping down there in WV. I wish I could find that kind of pricing up here.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks JimR ,, had looked this afternoon on Craiglist and I thought I looked at Charleston,, Missed that one.

That was the price I thinking or maybe a $100 more.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:54 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,111 Times in 2,273 Posts
    What I usually do in a case like this is look at how much a comparable new one sells for locally. But......

Most people will look at Tractor Supply or Lowes which are probably the cheapest built trailers around. But that is what the average consumer is going to compare your trailer to. So you kind of have to take the retail price of those cheap trailers and discount yours (being used) accordingly.

I got lucky when I sold mine however - it was a Hudson trailer with many upgrades - a very well built trailer. The first guy who stopped to look at it obviously knew this and agreed to buy it on the spot.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by coaltrain View Post
    What I usually do in a case like this is look at how much a comparable new one sells for locally. But......

Most people will look at Tractor Supply or Lowes which are probably the cheapest built trailers around. But that is what the average consumer is going to compare your trailer to. So you kind of have to take the retail price of those cheap trailers and discount yours (being used) accordingly.

I got lucky when I sold mine however - it was a Hudson trailer with many upgrades - a very well built trailer. The first guy who stopped to look at it obviously knew this and agreed to buy it on the spot.
    Same as you on your thoughts. My first trailer was 10' in length ,mentioned it at work one day and was sold the next morning . Coworker never seen it till I took it to his house on my way to get the new one.

Being this one is 14' ,I added trailer jacks at the rear sides to help remove the tress while loading ,especially when I have fel and bh on tractor.. So far only once . Been wondering if I really need the 14' and maybe get a 12', but for a $100 will probably stay with 14'. Also added a few supports on the ramp. Agree with the Big box stores and the prices they offer.
    If I don't hear from the dealer by tomorrow , may need to send him a email to see if he received the photos I sent him . !
    grnspot110 and BigJim55 like this.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Today @ 09:07 PM
    Thanks
    I was thinking somewhere in the $750 range. About a year ago I bought a 5x8 with a 3500 lb axle for $500. It was in good shape as yours appears to be. Hard to tell from the pics, but yours looks a little heavier duty than the one in the CL ad.

Love the trailer parking space you built!!! Gotta improvise when there's not much flat ground! The house my dad was born in and grew up in located in Fairmont, WV is about 25' front to back. The front porch is level with the front door and the yard drops off enough that the basement door in the back is a walkout. My uncle and aunt live in that house now. I don't know how they handle the steep walk from the front door down to the garage door at their ages (late 70's).
    '05 JD 3520 Open Station w/ 300CX FEL
    Grandpa's '52 Farmall Cub
    A couple of old Gravelys
    Help a Vet and his dog

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Just received a reply from the dealer, he's allowing $800. on a $1285 trailer leaving me $485 plus tax and license. Replied back seems fair just wondering if that included a new spare or do I keep my spare. No reply yet.

Just not sure if I going to do this till I talk with my neighbor about using his trailer.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:54 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,111 Times in 2,273 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by etcallhome View Post
    Just received a reply from the dealer, he's allowing $800. on a $1285 trailer leaving me $485 plus tax and license. Replied back seems fair just wondering if that included a new spare or do I keep my spare. No reply yet.

Just not sure if I going to do this till I talk with my neighbor about using his trailer.
    If the numbers work for you it would make a nice painless transaction by the sounds of it.

Just the way I am but I don't borrow (or lend) anything.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast