Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Truck Accesories

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    04-06-2017 @ 06:37 PM
    Thanks

Truck Accesories

I wanted to share an experience I had with purchasing some accessories for my truck.
    This will be a negative review but I'm hoping others might add to the thread both positive and negative vendor experience.

I've been looking to add a headache rack to the 3500, I've used the standard Back Rack in the past but had a few close calls with items getting too close to the glass. So the search began for a full length mesh style headache rack. I struggled with the choice on several different models/manufacture, but came to like the Frontier Truck Gear Brand as I find it functional and stylish.

Anyone who's purchased these type of items must have noticed the wide pricing disparity's online. I've had good luck buying from AutoAnything in the past but they didn't carry this brand so I went to Google to find another online vendor. I came across a site called Carid, looked for reviews and saw it was a google trusted vendor. The also had a decent price on the item and claimed it was instock ready to ship, while on the site I took a liking to a full brush guard for the front end from the same manufacture. It also stated it was instock ready to ship next day.

I decided to place the order with came to just over $1100 with shipping(freight). The next day I received a shipping notice from Carid that the items had shipped with and eta of the 1/28/16 and a tracking number to the freight carrier was listed. I hopped over the carrier's website and all the info appeared correct and eta of 1/28/16. So the wait began, I decided to double check the freight carrier on the night before delivery to make sure nothing had changed drastically. To my surprise the tracking number yielded no results and said to contact the shipper. I immediately contacted Carid and was told they'd get to the bottom of it and contact me in the am. The am came and went so I decided to contact both the freight carrier and Carid. The Carrier informed that they had no idea where the items where or what was going on but advised I contact the shipper(Carid). I contacted them and got the runaround by customer service about how they were looking into it and I had to wait. Again I was assured that I'd hear back from them by days end with a status of my order and at least a location. At this point I'm feeling like I'm getting lip service and inquire about cancelling and getting a refund. CS rep tells me they wont give me a refund until they find the items whereabouts. I'm then assured that they'd resolve the issue and hang tight. I reiterated my position to receive a refund.

Fast forward to this morning, no follow up from the preceding days and I'm fit to be tied. I contact Carid again and explain the situation to the CS rep and he begins to look into it. I'm told all the same propaganda as the last few days. I made clear to the CS rep that enough is enough and I've got over a grand of stuff in limbo and their not interested in solving the issue. I again insist on a refund and am told not until they figure out where the merchandise it. I explain that since this was a debit purchase my bank will back the purchase and refund the money. The rep begs me for one more day and says he's contacted the manufacture to find out where the items are. I ask why this didn't happen yesterday of the day before that. He has no answer for me.

So still in limbo at this point and hope to save other members the frustration of dealing with this incompetent vendor. These types of encounters make me long for the days of brick & mortar shops instead of a faceless jazzed up webpage. The E commerce middle men really take the pleasure out of the buying experience.

Matt
    rtgt, Levi and BigJim55 like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:54 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,111 Times in 2,273 Posts
    This kind of thing really stinks but seems to happen to some folks once in a while.

I am one to shop everything to death even if it is an item under $50. But...I usually won't go with an unknown (to me) online vendor.

As far as truck accessories I am very fortunate that there is a B&M accessories shop in the town where we get out groceries even though still very rural. What they don't have in stock they get the very next day and will always match price (or beat) from Auto Anything, Amazon, etc.
    Levi likes this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    I can understand that shipping issues happen from time to time. These internet vendors rarely handle the merchandise and it usually shipped directly from the manufacture. But in this case they have done zero to resolve the issue other than lip service. I even said to the rep that this item is made in Texas not Singapore. There absolutely no reason that they couldn't have contacted the manufacture when I initially called to inquire the where about's of the items.

The last truck shop in my area closed about three years back as they just couldn't compete with the zero overhead of the online markets.
    At this point I'd be happy to pay a bit more for a face to face experience.

Matt
    Last edited by Gwhunter; 01-29-2016 at 03:53 PM.
    rtgt and Levi like this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:07 PM
    Thanks
    A lot of the time the online vendor doesn't actually have stock of anything. They get it dropped shipped to you directly from the manufacture. They say its in stock and the computer automatically generates a shipping tag. The shipper shows up at the manufacture and he is actually out of stock and didn't update the online vendor or the online vendor just shows instock for everything to get the sale. The shippers shrugs his shoulders and cancels the shipping order and tracking ID.

Meanwhile if the online vendor is on the ball he scrambles to fill the order from another source or contacts you and explains the situation with an updated(but delayed) shipping date. If they are not on the ball they hope you aren't in a hurry for it and wait for you to call them and then scramble to fill the order hoping the manufacture has come up with the item.
    Levi and BigJim55 like this.
    F932-gas with 72" mower deck(sold)
    2720-72" mower deck with hydraulic lift, 3 valve rear SCV, loader, bucket, forks, 84" RFM, blade, 74" snow blower, box blade, land grader........
    2305- sold
    Z915B

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    I understand how they operate and realize that issues like this can happen from time to time. What I won't abide is the sellers do nothing response.
    The first call I made should have got the ball rolling and a simple follow up email or call saying that they know what happened and the item is backordered or whatever. Three calls with empty promises of following up is what prompted me to start the thread. I buy 95% of my stuff online and this is by far the worst customer service I've come across.

I'd suggest anyone looking for truck accessories online avoid Carid at all costs.

Matt

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:16 AM
    Thanks
    I ordered Snowplow parts from PPW; Professional Parts Warehouse on 1-27. Each item showed in stock. The same day I got a confirmation email with tracking numbers. I figured a few days so I did NOT check the tracking numbers. NEXT DAY the UPS truck was dropping everything off. Less than 24 hour service, since I ordered late in the previous day

I really only needed a new cutting edge for my plow, plus hardware (not knowing how hard the old would be to remove). That totaled $115. Shipping was $56 additional. They offered FREE shipping for a $200 order, so I found $90 of additional items to add to my order., that I could NOT have bought for $34. Local NAPA Store wanted $146 plus $50 shipping for just the cutting edge.

I was well pleased with their prices and service!
    J
    John Deere 2030 w/245SL Loader
    John Deere 6415 w/640SL Loader
    John Deere 285 50" deck Stolen May 2017
    John Deere x485 62" deck AWS
    Kawasaki Mule 2510 4x4 bought new 1996
    Ford F250 4x4 bought new 1978

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Today @ 10:02 PM
    Thanks
    At least,, you did not get this custom exhaust,,,

https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/for/5400193275.html
    DRobinson, Levi, BigJim55 and 1 others like this.

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Today @ 07:55 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CADplans View Post
    At least,, you did not get this custom exhaust,,,

https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/for/5400193275.html

Levi likes this.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Today @ 05:42 PM
    Thanks
    I have purchased several items from Carid for my truck and have never had a problem with them.
    Last edited by keefus; 01-30-2016 at 11:20 AM.
    Levi and Bill Berger like this.

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    10-10-2019 @ 05:21 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by keefus View Post
    I have purchased several items from Carid for my truck and have never had a problem with them.
    Same here, CarId never "stiffed" me.
    I also recommend ANY product from: Car Mats, Floor Mats, Cargo Liners, Side Window Deflectors | WeatherTech.com
    The I.R.S. must love poor folks, they create more and more every day.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast