Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 1373
Like Tree6434Likes

Thread: Show me your Ford truck!

1. Top | #1351
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:27 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ejb69 View Post
    The Raptors have a suspension designed for off road performance. They are designed to take bumps and jumps at high speed. The soft long travel suspension isn’t very good for towing. Towing isn’t all about power. The 150s with the highest towing capacity get stiffer springs and a sway bar.

The Roush trucks get more of a cosmetic package. What it is seems to change model year to model year. It’s a leveling kit , bigger tired and rims. There was a super charger for the v8. But the 3.5 EB is used with the max tow package 150s.
    Yeah my thinking is that it is the softer suspension of the Raptor that would eat into the towing capability. That was my concern is that the Raptor I want to say also uses the Fox 2.0 shocks that Roush puts on. Who knows, they could be valved differently or have different spring rates. Then there is the rear axle that was mentioned. I haven't seen where Roush messes with the ratios at all. A lot of what they do is cosmetic but they do have the Supercharger option as well so they get more power. A lot more than the 3.5 EB.

The biggest things I have seen with the Roush trucks is that they retain the V8 option for those that have to have a V8 in a Raptor style truck. Because it is a regular F150 that has been through a conversion program, the VIN isn't flagged as a SVT vehicle which would exclude it from XPlan pricing and discounts. Many times dealers are (or were) selling Raptors for MSRP or more. For those that qualify for XPlan, you might be able to score a Roush for much less than a Raptor all said and done.

Case in point. The one I linked to above is listed on the dealer website for $70k. It doesn't have the Roush Supercharger but the dealer is authorized to install it before delivery. XPlan lists it for about $47k (The VIN matches). The Roush package clearly isn't included in that XPlan price and if I tried to walk in and pick it up for $47k they would laugh at you. However, the Roush package starts at $13.5k so it is possible that you could get it for a little over $60k by paying the conversion fees on top of XPlan. Of course this is cost without the SC. Lets say you add that back into the mix and say it costs another $10k. Well you are back to $70k for a 650hp 610lb-ft torque truck where they are selling a Raptor for $75k which is 450HP 510lb-ft.

All that said, the 3.5EB with a chip can put down some impressive numbers.

It will largely depend on what we end up doing. Gotta get the garage done first.
    mjncad and rtgt like this.

JD Z950R 60" Deck with DFS Collection System

JD X585, 54C deck,
    CTC Model X4750 F.E.L - Modified Imp Pressure Relief from 900 to 1175PSI, Power Flow and MC519 cart, 54-inch Quick-Hitch Front Blade, 47-inch Quick-Hitch Snow Blower, 3-pt hitch, HF Quick Hitch, Heavy Hitch, 60" box blade/rear blade, Dethacher, Sprayer cart

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #1352
    Last Online
    07-16-2019 @ 04:35 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,108 Times in 947 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sennister View Post
    Oh one thing we did do was increase the tire pressure on the truck before leaving. Tires have a max pressure of 51psi. We went with a cold pressure of 50psi all the way around rather than the normally called for 35.
    I did this this past weekend while towing our camper. I just aired them back down last night. The ride was downright bouncy while towing with them aired up. I only bumped them up 7psi though as my tires have a lower max psi than the ones on that F150.

One thing I was wondering and just thought I would ask here.

I like the looks of the Raptor. However they are rated at a 5000 towing capacity so no way it would work. Also it is excluded from X-Plan Pricing.

I tow at 62mph on the interstate. I'm not in a race and that is my comfort zone, no sway, no pushing from the big rigs, just a decent towing experience. On Sunday, on our way home, a Raptor came up behind me towing a camper and passed me/blew my doors off. He had to have been going 75mph, and his camper was not much smaller than mine.
    mjncad and rtgt like this.
    Jamie

2011 JD 1026R - w/60" NON-AutoConnect MMM, FEL w/WR Long Toothbar, 47" Front Mount Snowblower, 54" Front Mount Blade w/ Rubber Edge, 48" KingKutter Tiller & Brush Hog, CountyLine Carry All and CountyLine 60" Rear Blade, Pat's EZ-Change Quick Hitch System
    1990 JD 185 - 46"MMM w/Power Flow Bagger

4. Top | #1353
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:39 AM
    Thanks
    A boosted Coyote will straight up gang rape an Ecoboost. I mean really what's the most powerful Ecoboost you've ever heard of in a F150? Maybe 600ish WHP as a max effort truck modded by companys trying to promote themselves as the company to use when modding your Ecoboost? A Coyote with a positive displacement blower will make those #'s without breaking a sweat.

The whole reason I've moved to the GM camp is because Ford wants to force feed their customers some heavily boosted/high compression/DI V6 motor as a V8 replacement and I am just not cool with that. Not in 2011 and not in 2019 either. Look I've owned a Terminator since 06, and a GEN2 Lightning since 2010, and for a 3.5L DOHC motor to make the power a Ecoboost does with close to 15 PSI and a 10.5:1 compression ratio is nothing special, it's expected. You give any modern V8 that much boost and compression with any kind of decently efficient blower or snail and you're looking at 600+ HP. A 6.2L GM is just a full bolton/cam swap away from tearing a Ecoboost F150 a new one regardless of whether it's modded or not seeing as how these new 4.06" bore SBC's are make 550+ WHP as cam only motors.
    mjncad, Gizmo2, Jeff B and 1 others like this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #1354

Last Online
    Today @ 06:56 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JROC View Post
    A boosted Coyote will straight up gang rape an Ecoboost. I mean really what's the most powerful Ecoboost you've ever heard of in a F150? Maybe 600ish WHP as a max effort truck modded by companys trying to promote themselves as the company to use when modding your Ecoboost? A Coyote with a positive displacement blower will make those #'s without breaking a sweat.

The whole reason I've moved to the GM camp is because Ford wants to force feed their customers some heavily boosted/high compression/DI V6 motor as a V8 replacement and I am just not cool with that. Not in 2011 and not in 2019 either. Look I've owned a Terminator since 06, and a GEN2 Lightning since 2010, and for a 3.5L DOHC motor to make the power a Ecoboost does with close to 15 PSI and a 10.5:1 compression ratio is nothing special, it's expected. You give any modern V8 that much boost and compression with any kind of decently efficient blower or snail and you're looking at 600+ HP. A 6.2L GM is just a full bolton/cam swap away from tearing a Ecoboost F150 a new one regardless of whether it's modded or not seeing as how these new 4.06" bore SBC's are make 550+ WHP as cam only motors.
    I totally agree with you. General Motors needs to ditch the Active Fuel Management and get there motors to get decent fuel economy without having to shut down half the motor while cruising. My 5.0 coyote gets 20 mpg while my 5.3 struggled to get 17-18 mpg on my 88 mile round trip to work. Ford knows the 5.0 is stronger, but has sunk so much time and effort in the Eco’s, so we’re stuck with them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    mjncad and Gizmo2 like this.

7. Top | #1355
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:07 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,786 Times in 2,823 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by newgreenrunner View Post
    I totally agree with you. General Motors needs to ditch the Active Fuel Management and get there motors to get decent fuel economy without having to shut down half the motor while cruising. My 5.0 coyote gets 20 mpg while my 5.3 struggled to get 17-18 mpg on my 88 mile round trip to work. Ford knows the 5.0 is stronger, but has sunk so much time and effort in the Eco’s, so we’re stuck with them
    Call me old school but I really like the 5.0 coyote engine in my truck and the 20+ mpg is pretty nice also. For now, you can keep the Ecoboost.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD, The Wife
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

8. Top | #1356
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JROC View Post

I have always been in the GM camp as well. I am just tired of the beds and fenders rusting through on a 5 year old truck. Everyone around here runs fender flares to try and hide it. In the past we didn't have issues like this. Not sure if it is global warming, new road treatment chemicals, Chinese steel or crappy design that traps crud in the wheel wells.

I think it is Whipple that will take the 5.0 up to 725 HP. The Roush SC is a little more conservative at 650.
    mjncad, Gizmo2, DRobinson and 1 others like this.

JD X585, 54C deck,
    CTC Model X4750 F.E.L - Modified Imp Pressure Relief from 900 to 1175PSI, Power Flow and MC519 cart, 54-inch Quick-Hitch Front Blade, 47-inch Quick-Hitch Snow Blower, 3-pt hitch, HF Quick Hitch, Heavy Hitch, 60" box blade/rear blade, Dethacher, Sprayer cart

9. Top | #1357
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:33 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by newgreenrunner View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think it also has something to do with people thinking that V-8's are gas guzzlers and turbo V-6's sip fuel
    mjncad, Gizmo2, sennister and 1 others like this.
    2010 2320 with 200cx FEL
    54D MMM
    54" front mount blower
    Titan 42" forks w/ receiver hitch
    County Line 5' tiller
    6' JD rear blade (tree find)

10. Top | #1358
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:07 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,786 Times in 2,823 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cutty72 View Post
    I think it also has something to do with people thinking that V-8's are gas guzzlers and turbo V-6's sip fuel
    Good one.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD, The Wife
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

11. Top | #1359
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cutty72 View Post
    7.5 MPG towing our camper with the 3.5 Ecoboost. At least using the truck's computer.
    mjncad likes this.

JD X585, 54C deck,

12. Top | #1360
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:33 PM
    Thanks
    7.5 MPG towing our camper with the 3.5 Ecoboost. At least using the truck's computer.
    What did/does your chebby get?

And NOTHING sips fuel when towing...
    mjncad likes this.
    2010 2320 with 200cx FEL
    54D MMM
    54" front mount blower
    Titan 42" forks w/ receiver hitch
    County Line 5' tiller
    6' JD rear blade (tree find)

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements