Trailer for Tractor / ATV
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Trailer for Tractor / ATV

  1. Top | #1
    ElWood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Online
    03-28-2014 @ 01:31 PM
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    225
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 30 Times in 19 Posts

    Trailer for Tractor / ATV

    Hey guys... I've started looking around for a small trailer to pull behind my 3320 and ATV. I'll use the cart to pull some firewood out of the woods or carry tools to remote places in the yard.

    I see that JD has some small garden trailers that might work good. I think they're available at Home Depot. Here's the one I was looking at...
    Click image for larger version.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363840924.212250.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	12.5 KB
ID:	15620

    I was also thinking about a small hay wagon.

    What would you recommend?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. Top | #2
    Hudsoner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Online
    03-28-2016 @ 01:29 PM
    Location
    Hudson, WI
    Posts
    383
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 36 Times in 32 Posts
    I have a similar trailer, not a John Deere, but same kind. Mine is a little bigger and can carry 1600 lbs. I used it for a while with my garden tractor but gave up on it because it was to bothersome to move it around, and once it was loaded there was no way to unhitch it until it was unloaded again. I use now a small utility trailer that has a hitch/tongue wheel and can be unhitched when loaded.

  4. Top | #3

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:05 AM
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    446
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 51 Times in 39 Posts
    Since I got my 1023E I've been doing alot of window shopping for stuff I want to get for it. I've wanted to make little hay wagon type trailer that is scaled to the 1023E size.

    I found this wagon running gear at northern tool that I've been looking at:

    It may be a little bigger than what you are thinking about, but they do show a picture of someone pulling with an ATV so it is not too big.

    Farm-Tuff Utility Trailer 2200-Lb. Capacity, Model# 03813 | Farm Utility Trailers| Northern Tool + Equipment
    JD 1023E
    KK XB Tiller, XB subsoiler

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. Top | #4
    ElWood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Online
    03-28-2014 @ 01:31 PM
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    225
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 30 Times in 19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kabic View Post
    Since I got my 1023E I've been doing alot of window shopping for stuff I want to get for it. I've wanted to make little hay wagon type trailer that is scaled to the 1023E size.

    I found this wagon running gear at northern tool that I've been looking at:

    It may be a little bigger than what you are thinking about, but they do show a picture of someone pulling with an ATV so it is not too big.

    Farm-Tuff Utility Trailer 2200-Lb. Capacity, Model# 03813 | Farm Utility Trailers| Northern Tool + Equipment
    That looks like a good product. It received a lot of good reviews too. I do like the idea of more of a wagon then a trailer. It probably wouldn't be too tough to build a sturdy box on that frame any size I wanted.

    I've seen some other wagons on websites like countryatv.com but they are pricey. Ordering the frame may be the way to go.

  7. Top | #5
    herbertperform's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    09-15-2019 @ 10:33 AM
    Location
    Hawthorne, WI
    Posts
    444
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 66 Times in 50 Posts
    This is what I have. They can be found at Northern Tool, Fleet Farm and several other places. It swivels, dumps, and you can unbolt the axle and use it in the winter as a sled to pull around. Works great for ice fishing. You can also buy a kit to make the sides taller. I've had mine for about 10 years. I use it most ly with my 4 wheeler for firewood. I love it.

    Polar Sport Off-Road ATV Trailer 1500-Lb. Capacity, 22 Cu. Ft., Model# 8233 | Lawn Garden Utility Trailers| Northern Tool + Equipment
    - Mike - 2012 John Deere 3320 eHydro with cab, 300cx loader

    John Deere 6' 6" 3 point snow blower, Frontier 48" pallet forks, King Kutter 5' box blade, 6' back blade, 5' rake, 5' tiller, and 5' brush hog, Northstar log splitter, Chief 22 gpm PTO pump, 8'6" hydraulic V-Plow, BXpanded 72" Piranha toothbar.

  8. Top | #6
    Captain Hook Kennyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:25 PM
    Location
    Westminster, MD
    Posts
    16,349
    Thanks
    5,030
    Thanked 4,070 Times in 2,536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kabic View Post
    I found this wagon running gear at northern tool that I've been looking at:

    It may be a little bigger than what you are thinking about, but they do show a picture of someone pulling with an ATV so it is not too big.

    Farm-Tuff Utility Trailer 2200-Lb. Capacity, Model# 03813 | Farm Utility Trailers| Northern Tool + Equipment
    I have the Horrible Fright version of that, but its NLA from them as far as I know. Easy to use, PITA to back up!
    Click image for larger version.

Name:	DSC03964.JPG
Views:	83
Size:	873.1 KB
ID:	15629

    This is what I really want: Utility wagons and trailers for tractors and ATV by Country MFG Made in the USA.
    dieselshadow likes this.
    Kenny

    -John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM


    Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

    Visit our YouTube Channel

    My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

  9. Top | #7
    Scotty370's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Online
    02-23-2019 @ 11:19 AM
    Location
    Buffalo NY
    Posts
    1,074
    Thanks
    89
    Thanked 93 Times in 75 Posts
    Just 2 cent worth: No way you want a wagon in the wood! Have to admit I was a 'pro' at backing a hay wagon at 10-12 years old, on the back of a Ford 8n Farm tractor! Probably couldn't do it now! Backing a trailer is a different breed of cat! One you don't want to deal with in the woods! There are some awesome trailers out there for Garden tractors. Check the ATV Boards also! Tandem wheels, dump boxes, etc. All your wallet can stand!!!! ~Scotty

    http://www.atvwagon.com/

    http://countryatv.com/
    Last edited by Scotty370; 03-21-2013 at 06:45 PM.

  10. Top | #8
    ElWood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Online
    03-28-2014 @ 01:31 PM
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    225
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 30 Times in 19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post
    I have the Horrible Fright version of that, but its NLA from them as far as I know. Easy to use, PITA to back up!
    Click image for larger version.

Name:	DSC03964.JPG
Views:	83
Size:	873.1 KB
ID:	15629

    This is what I really want: Utility wagons and trailers for tractors and ATV by Country MFG Made in the USA.
    Hey Kenny,

    Could you post some close up pictures of your wagon? I'm thinking of doing something similar. That's a cool wagon!

  11. Top | #9
    Captain Hook Kennyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:25 PM
    Location
    Westminster, MD
    Posts
    16,349
    Thanks
    5,030
    Thanked 4,070 Times in 2,536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ElWood View Post
    Hey Kenny,

    Could you post some close up pictures of your wagon? I'm thinking of doing something similar. That's a cool wagon!
    I just took these, lemme know if you want any other specific pics.

    Click image for larger version.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364130049.091986.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	295.4 KB
ID:	15696

    Click image for larger version.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364130069.425264.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	295.7 KB
ID:	15697

    Click image for larger version.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364130088.788000.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	294.7 KB
ID:	15698

    Click image for larger version.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364130114.845993.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	272.4 KB
ID:	15699

    Click image for larger version.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364130134.005893.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	232.7 KB
ID:	15700




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Kenny

    -John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM


    Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

    Visit our YouTube Channel

    My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Kennyd For This Useful Post:

    forphase1(Today)

  13. Top | #10
    ElWood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Online
    03-28-2014 @ 01:31 PM
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    225
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 30 Times in 19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post
    I just took these, lemme know if you want any other specific pics.

    Click image for larger version.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364130049.091986.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	295.4 KB
ID:	15696

    Click image for larger version.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364130069.425264.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	295.7 KB
ID:	15697

    Click image for larger version.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364130088.788000.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	294.7 KB
ID:	15698

    Click image for larger version.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364130114.845993.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	272.4 KB
ID:	15699

    Click image for larger version.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364130134.005893.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	232.7 KB
ID:	15700




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks Kenny! Those are perfect.

  14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-12-2014, 12:14 AM
  2. Who needs a trailer?
    By RandyM in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-18-2013, 04:19 PM
  3. Trailer for 855
    By Beeser in forum Large Frame Compact Utility Tractors (LCUT)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-20-2013, 04:08 PM
  4. 3520 Tractor w/ 300x Loader - Trailer Hauling
    By Thowle in forum Large Frame Compact Utility Tractors (LCUT)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-17-2012, 02:50 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-17-2011, 04:25 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts