Does this tire look a little low to you?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: Does this tire look a little low to you?

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:23 PM
    Thanks

Does this tire look a little low to you?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20161214_142407.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	671.7 KB 
ID:	280914

Ran over to South Carolina today and this happened on my way back. Pressures were good before I left, so I don't really know what happened. Where I was on 85, the shoulder was too narrow to pull off. I'm talking big concrete wall and a shoulder half the width of my F150 too narrow. I guess I drove a quarter mile before I could get over to change it. It bent the rear lower part of the fender in, I had already pulled it out when I snapped this picture. It's a little nerve racking with 8 lanes of traffic wizzing by you. Luckily it was on the passenger side, so that made it a little safer.

Although I had everything that I needed, there are things that would have made it easier. I'm going to get off of my rear end and put the toolbox on the tongue of the trailer to carry some dedicated tools.
    2014 2032r Classic...

-Dan

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    It has plenty of air. Just look at air space around the rim!

Good for you to realize it was too narrow to pull off and risk getting hurt.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:37 PM
    Thanks
    Pleanty of air just not enough Rubber. I once had that happen with a car on the trailer and had no spare. I ended up tighting up the torsion bar on the equalizer hitch and ran on three tires. worked fine the 120 miles home but I never left home again with out a spare. Glad to hear no one was hurt.
    2018 2038R 220R FEL, 72" Mower, Radial tires, wheel spacers, dual rear SVCs, CtA grapple, single point for FEL, 60" broom with front hitch;2018 1025R 54"auto connect, HDAP tires, Quick Hitch, Ballast Box, Etc...;1967 1020 3cylinder gas, #47 FEL, 72" Landpride Grooming Mower, 6ft box blade, For Sale(no Hurry); life Member NRA since 1974

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:28 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,405 Times in 1,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubber View Post

Ran over to South Carolina today and this happened on my way back. Pressures were good before I left, so I don't really know what happened. Where I was on 85, the shoulder was too narrow to pull off. I'm talking big concrete wall and a shoulder half the width of my F150 too narrow. I guess I drove a quarter mile before I could get over to change it. It bent the rear lower part of the fender in, I had already pulled it out when I snapped this picture. It's a little nerve racking with 8 lanes of traffic wizzing by you. Luckily it was on the passenger side, so that made it a little safer.

Although I had everything that I needed, there are things that would have made it easier. I'm going to get off of my rear end and put the toolbox on the tongue of the trailer to carry some dedicated tools.
    Bubber-sorry about ur blow out, must of picked up a nail.

hey-got a question for u, in ur pic u are using a chain to tie something down. what size is that chain? man-in the pic it look's big enought o tie a D-9 down with. just curious! p.s. i have a tool box on my tongue of trailer and love it. but have no jack in it. i've thought about buying that floor jack at harbor freight for in it. cause it's low enough to slide underneath axle.
    etcallhome, pcabe5, Bubber and 2 others like this.
    jim

2006 2520 mcut, 2004 x475, 1953 model 50, 1985 318-was my Dad's,
    king kutter tiller-60", frontier-stone rake, jd-4ft brush hog, frontier-6ft back-blade, frontier-forks, 48 inch forks,
    2-54inch jd snow plows, jd-5ft-pull brush hog,

2018 835R gas model gator-"aka" the Cadillac i say!! 6ft jd snow plow-which already has a dtac out on it. i got just about everything on it i could at the time

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:09 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,148 Times in 978 Posts
    Sorry bubber! I assume you were going for the lumber. You'll score enough brownie points to make the blow out seem like no big deal. Glad you got it changed ok and home safe.
    Jamie

2011 JD 1026R - w/60" NON-AutoConnect MMM, FEL w/WR Long Toothbar, 47" Front Mount Snowblower, 54" Front Mount Blade w/ Rubber Edge, 48" KingKutter Tiller & Brush Hog, CountyLine Carry All and CountyLine 60" Rear Blade, Pat's EZ-Change Quick Hitch System
    1990 JD 185 - 46"MMM w/Power Flow Bagger

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    03-02-2019 @ 06:20 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubber View Post

No, you are good. LOL
    Gizmo2, Bubber, BigJim55 and 2 others like this.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:25 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,505 Times in 1,614 Posts
    Glad to hear things are working out OK.

Years ago my SIL found a old steel not aluminum toolbox thinking 4' type. There is no way you can add anything to the inside , I'm thinking it has added close to 100# to his tongue weight. Plus his trailer is only a single axle 12' with wire mesh floor. He had a pretty light trailer till he added the toolbox , his dad and myself tried to tell him.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Just a skosh low but hey what do I know. A 3ft 6x6 with a 30deg angle on one end and a socket set is all you need. Oh yea and a tire.
    *JOHN DEERE 2038R w/ 220R FEL-72" AUTOCONNECT MMM-270B BACKHOE-8"-16" BUCKET-KBOHC-IMATCH QUICK HITCH w/KBOHTH-BALLAST BOX-42" ARTILLIAN FORKS-FRONTIER RC2060-FRONTIER RB2072-LANDPRIDE CA1556-LANDPRIDE FSP 700-LANDPRIDE PD25-12'-24" AUGERS-EA 60" GARDEN BEDDER-EA 72" HD LAND PLANE-NORTHSTAR 55 GAL SPRAYER-TUFF TOP SCR-44-COUNTYLINE CARRYALL
    *JOHN DEERE Z930M 60" MOD-FULL SUSPENSION SEAT-ZGLIDE SUSPENSION-XTWEEL TIRES

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJim55 View Post
    Bubber-sorry about ur blow out, must of picked up a nail.

hey-got a question for u, in ur pic u are using a chain to tie something down. what size is that chain? man-in the pic it look's big enought o tie a D-9 down with. just curious! p.s. i have a tool box on my tongue of trailer and love it. but have no jack in it. i've thought about buying that floor jack at harbor freight for in it. cause it's low enough to slide underneath axle.
    The chain is on these: 2" Ratchet Strap w/Chain & Hook | RatchetStraps.com

Not sure of the chain size exactly, but here are the specs:

Ratchet 11,000 lb B.S.
    Web 12,000 lb B.S.
    Chain and Hook 10,000 lb B.S.
    Assembly 3,335 lb W.L.L

I really like the strap/chain combo. They are what I use on the 2032r.
    ColonyPark, BigJim55 and Old Cajun like this.
    2014 2032r Classic...

-Dan

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ColonyPark View Post
    Sorry bubber! I assume you were going for the lumber. You'll score enough brownie points to make the blow out seem like no big deal. Glad you got it changed ok and home safe.
    Yup, that was it. My board foot price went up with this.
    2014 2032r Classic...

-Dan

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast