• 2 Post By 56FordGuy
  • 2 Post By coaltrain

Thread: SuperDuty CB Mount

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    06-02-2017 @ 07:24 PM
    Thanks

SuperDuty CB Mount

I need to come up with a way to mount my CB radio in my '07 F250. In my old '95 F350, I bolted it to the underside of the dash under the HVAC controls. In my '86 F150, I screwed it right into the steel headliner above the rear view mirror. In my new truck, neither of these options will work! I don't want to mount anything to the ceiling and there is a very handy storage bin on the bottom of the radio/HVAC cluster that I don't want to lose access to. The wiring and antenna mount have already been sorted out.

The only thing I have come up with is to make a steel or aluminum bracket to mount the radio to the front of the center seat which hasn't been sat in since I bought the truck, so no loss there. I have even contemplated pulling the center seat and building an entire center console to take its place. I want to make sure that nobody else has a better idea before I put time and effort into making something. The truck is a basic XL package with a 40/20/40 split bench in the front and should have basically the same interior as all SuperDuty XL trucks since '99. If you have something that works for you, I'd love to see pictures of it!

Thanks!
    BigJim55 likes this.
    '50 Model M w/electronic ignition, 12v conversion, and a 3pt conversion plus a homemade snowplow, a Deere Model 51 trailer plow, a Woods RM59 finish mower, a Bark Buster splitter, and a few other toys.
    '69 Sears Suburban 14 48" deck and 42" back blade, an estate rake, and a sweeper.
    '07 F250 XL Powerstroke, crew cab, short box, 4x4.
    '85 F150... I finally sold my very first truck after racking up over half-a-million miles on the original drivetrain.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:46 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,287 Times in 2,579 Posts
    Here's a place called Geno's Garage. They specialize in the Dodge Cummins trucks. They used to carry Ford and Chevy stuff too. Don't know why they don't anymore. But, they have a mount or two you could modify or even see if they can get you in touch with their supplier. Maybe they make one for your specific application.

Geno's Garage CB mount.
    Levi, BigJim55 and dzldanz like this.
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    04-18-2019 @ 07:01 AM
    Thanks
    Use to work on EMS vehicles
    Try this Ford Vehicle Specific
    Levi and Evergreen like this.
    Current: 3320 HST cab with 59" front blower, Hydraulic chute deflector, Vertical Exhaust, Front Fenders,
    Grooved and loaded Front and Rear R-4's
    External Mirrors, Jensen Bluetooth Radio / Headset. Front Hydraulics
    Whelen warning lights, JD366 front blade
    Gone: X595 with heated cozy cab,stainless vertical exhaust

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    09-16-2019 @ 02:04 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,896 Times in 1,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Evergreen View Post
    I need to come up with a way to mount my CB radio in my '07 F250. In my old '95 F350, I bolted it to the underside of the dash under the HVAC controls. In my '86 F150, I screwed it right into the steel headliner above the rear view mirror. In my new truck, neither of these options will work! I don't want to mount anything to the ceiling and there is a very handy storage bin on the bottom of the radio/HVAC cluster that I don't want to lose access to. The wiring and antenna mount have already been sorted out.

The only thing I have come up with is to make a steel or aluminum bracket to mount the radio to the front of the center seat which hasn't been sat in since I bought the truck, so no loss there. I have even contemplated pulling the center seat and building an entire center console to take its place. I want to make sure that nobody else has a better idea before I put time and effort into making something. The truck is a basic XL package with a 40/20/40 split bench in the front and should have basically the same interior as all SuperDuty XL trucks since '99. If you have something that works for you, I'd love to see pictures of it!

Thanks!
    I've been trying to figure out a place for mine too. My problem is I have a floor auto shift with console.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    1026R -- 60D mmm -- H120 Loader -- Curtis 150 Tiller -- DR 3 point Chipper -- Howse Middle Buster -- Brinly 16 Blade Disk -- Kodiak 5' Box Blade -- 12-42 lb. suitcase weights -- Lawn roller -- Upgraded seat springs from psrumors -- Kennyd's bolt on hooks & clevis -- BXpanded tooth bar -- CMI 6' wagon -- Heavy Hitch Cultivator /garden bedder / hiller attachments --

Donated by some great people/vendors on here: 72 lb. wheel weights -- Bro-Tek 1½" rear wheel spacers.
    NRA Life Member

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:09 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,658 Times in 1,088 Posts
    If I were to have a CB, I think it would be something like this. http://amzn.to/2jQ3J5i The Cobra has a small box that mounts anywhere, under a seat, console, etc and you control everything from the mic.
    BigJim55 and dzldanz like this.
    -Blake

Your mileage may vary.

JD 6410
    Some other stuff

YouTube- Life in Wyoming

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 56FordGuy For This Useful Post:

dzldanz (01-22-2017)

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:59 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,059 Times in 2,224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Levi View Post
    I've been trying to figure out a place for mine too. My problem is I have a floor auto shift with console.
    Not many options for the F-150 with console shifter. I would be tempted to mount it inside the console and run the cables through the bottom rear. Then mount an external speaker somewhere in the footwell. After years of using an external speaker I wouldn't be without one.

But I have no reason to use a CB anymore. I rarely turned it on in the big truck unless there was a backup somewhere. Just way too many idiots and ********.
    56FordGuy and dzldanz like this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

10. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements