Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tx Jim

Thread: 5083E dash problems

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    04-19-2018 @ 11:25 PM
    Thanks

5083E dash problems

I have a 5083E that is having an issue, the dash information panel is inop. All I'm getting is a few numbers on the bottom of the digital display area. I have the JD troubleshooting/maintenance CDs, about as worthless as can be, nothing is in any sort of order. $200 plus dollars wasted, I've spent hours trying to figure out where to even find the dash on the CDs. Right now the Tach is inop, Speedo is inop, none of the information lights are working, just getting two sets of numbers 10-11. Is there any way to troubleshoot this to figure out what's wrong with it so I can figure out what I have to do to fix it? Hard to spray your fields when you can't run at a constant speed.

Thanks for any help

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 12:06 PM
    Thanks
    Welcome to GTT
    I will advise you to check/clean/tighten all ground connections. I think from viewing parts schematic that there are several wiring harness grounds located at front of tractor plus there should be ground connections close to instrument cluster.
    1010 likes this.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:59 PM
    Thanks
    SOunds possible someone installed a fuse where a fuse is not intended to be for normal operation. One of the fuse positions should be marked F9. If there is a fuse in that position it causes the dash to react that way. It is only for diagnostic and calibration purposes. Hopefully you did not inadvertently change any settings while fuse was installed. Deere should have installed a dummy fuse marked DIA in that spot IMO.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jd110 For This Useful Post:

Zebrafive (04-23-2018)

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements