5420 Fuel Injection Pump wiring help

Thread: 5420 Fuel Injection Pump wiring help

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    07-16-2018 @ 09:39 AM
    Thanks

5420 Fuel Injection Pump wiring help

Does anyone have any good pictures or a wiring diagram with wire colors that show how the wiring "connects" to the various sensors and the fuel injector pump on the left hand side of a ca. 2005 JD 5420 tractor engine? A vandal cut all the wires around the fuel injector pump and took them. I can't figure out which wires go where so I can't get the tractor to start and run. Apparently I need to connect two different temperature "sensors" on the thermostat housing and two different solenoids on the injector pump, in addition to the oil pressure sensor. I have a "Repair" manual, and an "Operators" manual, but neither has a schematic. I don't want to buy an entire tractor engine wiring harness, but if I did, I'm still not sure I'd be able to hook it up properly without some sort of guide. I'd be OK with buying some other "manual", if I was sure it had a schematic that showed the wiring colors. But without a color guide, I don't think a simple schematic would do any good either. Any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Banned
    Last Online
    08-29-2018 @ 08:03 AM
    Thanks
    Just call your JD dealer they will print one out for you
    Last edited by Pakrat101; 07-11-2018 at 04:46 PM.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    07-16-2018 @ 09:39 AM
    Thanks
    I tried that. I went to my local JD Dealer (Tri-Green) and they told me that they couldn't show me any wiring diagrams but that I could order a service manual for $180+ or bring my tractor in for repair, or schedule a service technician to go out to my farm and repair the tractor. I'm pretty handy with tools, so I really think this is something I can do myself, but I'm working blind without a schematic.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    10-17-2019 @ 07:35 PM
    Thanks
    Have you tired selectmanuals.com to purchase the tech manual for your tractor. To download the manuals is 39.95. The tech should have a wiring diagram.

Here is a JD link to compare the manuals

John Deere Ag - New Equipment: Technical Publications - Publications Search

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements