New 2018 Cab MFWD 5065E Hydraulics Overheating
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: New 2018 Cab MFWD 5065E Hydraulics Overheating

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    09-09-2018 @ 09:21 PM
    Thanks

New 2018 Cab MFWD 5065E Hydraulics Overheating

Add me to the list of a new 5065E tractor (40 hrs) with Hydraulics Overheating while brush hogging. I have checked the SVCs and they are in the proper positions. I have my loader removed and it happens mainly when backing up a steep hill. I have added an extra gallon of Hy-Guard that brings the oil level to approximately 1/4 full on the top site glass on level ground.(Manual says to fill them between the site glasses)

When the warning light comes on, I pull to the bottom of the hill and turn the tractor off for about 30 seconds. I restart the tractor, light goes off and I continue on. Its happened about 4 times now. Any suggestions on anything else to try to prevent this in the future will be appreciated....thanks.

I thought about changing the hydraulic filter but just can't seem to think that is the problem since it is a new tractor.

I plan on contacting my dealer but they are closed today....lol
    BigJim55 and 1010 like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    11-20-2019 @ 08:48 PM
    Thanks
    Are they really overheating or is the light just coming on for a problem?

Definitely replace the HYD filter since that's where the problem seems to be. I had a New Holland T6 155 at work do the same and a filter change cleared that up.
    If that doesn't clear it up you can move on to other symptoms like linkage and valves stuck.

Some new smaller tractors are finding quite a bit of Permatex in the strainers from being built. That would require HYD fluid change or catching it to re-use, just something to think about.
    Last edited by 1010; 09-09-2018 at 04:12 PM.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:00 PM
    Thanks
    Sounds like your running the hydraulic oil sump dry, the suction screen is in the rear of the tractor, going up steep hill in reverse, are you getting a hydraulic over temp light, or matbe low pressure.
    BigJim55 likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM2940 View Post
    Sounds like your running the hydraulic oil sump dry, the suction screen is in the rear of the tractor, going up steep hill in reverse, are you getting a hydraulic over temp light, or matbe low pressure.
    It's the over temp light that I have been seeing. I wonder too about running the sump dry and maybe the high temp light was coming on instead. All the fluid would be going towards the front of the tractor but i don't lose any power steering or don't have any problems with the power reverser transmission.
    BigJim55 likes this.

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 1010 View Post
    Are they really overheating or is the light just coming on for a problem?

Definitely replace the HYD filter since that's where the problem seems to be. I had a New Holland T6 155 at work do the same and a filter change cleared that up.
    If that doesn't clear it up you can move on to other symptoms like linkage and valves stuck.

Some new smaller tractors are finding quite a bit of Permatex in the strainers from being built. That would require HYD fluid change or catching it to re-use, just something to think about.
    Thanks...I will keep that in mind.
    BigJim55 likes this.

8. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements