1996 JD 6200 3 point hitch problems

Thread: 1996 JD 6200 3 point hitch problems

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    10-28-2018 @ 12:29 AM
    Thanks

1996 JD 6200 3 point hitch problems

Hey everyone. I am new to the forum and I have a 1996 JD 6300 tractor that has a 3-point hitch issue. Actually, I have several issues. First issue: The lift does not respond upward until the lift lever is 3/4 of the way up. Second issue: I have some sort of hydraulic leak coming from around the filler neck or it appears to be leaking from there. Third issue: The lift seeps down slowly over time when tractor is off. It seeps down faster when the lift lever is not in the full up position and tractor is off. However, the lift does not pulse when tractor is running. Fourth issue: The one touch UP/DOWN button is hit or miss. Any help would be appreciated!

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    11-08-2018 @ 06:25 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by powerplusdude View Post
    Hey everyone. I am new to the forum and I have a 1996 JD 6300 tractor that has a 3-point hitch issue. Actually, I have several issues. First issue: The lift does not respond upward until the lift lever is 3/4 of the way up. Second issue: I have some sort of hydraulic leak coming from around the filler neck or it appears to be leaking from there. Third issue: The lift seeps down slowly over time when tractor is off. It seeps down faster when the lift lever is not in the full up position and tractor is off. However, the lift does not pulse when tractor is running. Fourth issue: The one touch UP/DOWN button is hit or miss. Any help would be appreciated!
    Read owners manual see if you can pull codes from dash display using ignition key and flasher lever sequence. Dealer may be able to pull codes. Also, there is a rock shaft calibration procedure. You initiate the clibration sequence by putting a fuse in the (I think) firt fuse slot on fuse pannelsbe#1 first slot. Something to read about. I am having same trouble with mine. Sorry but I dont know if I have solved my issue yet. I discovered a broken massive connector under right floorboard. Just finished replacing this and still have not thourghly tested. Try to share if you get a diagnosis on yours. Good luck .

4. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements