Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Need help starting 5075E tractor

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    04-11-2019 @ 10:00 PM
    Thanks

Need help starting 5075E tractor

2014 5075E-Looking to purchase this used tractor and the lady's husband died and she does not know anything either. Put key in, made sure it was in park and pressed the clutch in and nothing happens when you turn the key. Control panel will lite up and there is an N that is blinking. Rather frustrating, but can not figure out why it will not crank, but there is got to be someone here who can take me through the procedure. I have read what I can on the on line information and still do not understand how to proceed. Thanks

I have someone coming in the morning who can crank the tractor.
    Last edited by Splendid; 12-05-2018 at 07:05 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:18 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,584 Times in 1,301 Posts
    My guess, and it's only that, is that the N blinking is indicating that you need to put it in neutral. Worth a try at least.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    10-29-2019 @ 12:40 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Splendid View Post
    2014 5075E-Looking to purchase this used tractor and the lady's husband died and she does not know anything either. Put key in, made sure it was in park and pressed the clutch in and nothing happens when you turn the key. Control panel will lite up and there is an N that is blinking. Rather frustrating, but can not figure out why it will not crank, but there is got to be someone here who can take me through the procedure. I have read what I can on the on line information and still do not understand how to proceed. Thanks
    You in Neutral?

[what Pat said]... he beat me to it
    Last edited by bvbearcat; 12-05-2018 at 06:49 PM.
    PJR832 and JD4044M like this.
    2017 2032R (Gen2)
    FEL (220r) w/57" Bucket and 48" forks
    60D AutoConnect MMM

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:45 PM
    Thanks
    Manual here at OMSJ17178

NOTE: If the tractor equipped with creeper, start the engine with the range lever in neutral position and gear lever in park position.

Push hand throttle (A) forward off idle position (approximately 1/3 of full throttle). Engine may not start with throttle pulled completely down.

CAUTION: Avoid possible injury or death from a machine runaway.

Do not start engine by shorting across starter terminals. Machine will start in gear and move if normal circuitry is bypassed.

Start engine only from operator's seat with transmission in NEUTRAL.

NEVER start engine while standing on ground.

IMPORTANT: DO NOT run a cold engine at full throttle.

Depress clutch pedal and turn key switch fully clockwise (B) to engage starter. Release key when engine starts. If key is released before engine starts, wait until starter and engine stop turning before trying again.

IMPORTANT: DO NOT operate starter more than 20 seconds at a time. If engine does not start, wait at least two minutes for the starter motor to cool before trying again. If engine does not start in four attempts, refer to “Troubleshooting” section.
    Jeff B and JD4044M like this.
    JD 4066R CAB
    JD H180 FEL with SSQA brackets, JD iMatch, JD Ballast Box & ext, JD pull behind seed spreader
    Frontier RB2196H 8 ft rear blade/hyd angle, Frontier BB1065 Box Blade, Befco 3pt 110 inch RFM
    48" pallet forks, KK 3pt Boom Pole, Northern Tool 3pt middle buster, 2 bottom Dearborn plow
    County Line post hole digger, Rhino 3pt 10ft brush hog, Land Pride 8ft rock rake
    Fit Rite Hydraulics 3pt Top Link, front 3pt adapter for SSQA, 7 1/2 ft Field Roller, 8ft Dearborn tandem disk

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    04-11-2019 @ 10:00 PM
    Thanks
    I called myself doing that, but daylight will be the next time I approach the crime scene, I think this is a good buy with only 400 hours on it, 4 wheel drive, bucket and forks. Price is 26,000. 2014 model. My youngest daughter is offering to pay half of it, nice to have children that have good work habits and saves a lot of her $. Even nicer that she wants to help me purchase this tractor. We both have forestry land, so the tractor will be an asset to both of us. I already have a 4310, but always could use a bigger tractor for some projects. Probable will sell the smaller tractor or not.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Splendid For This Useful Post:

JD4044M (12-05-2018)

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    11-07-2019 @ 09:46 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Splendid View Post

I have someone coming in the morning who can crank the tractor.
    If its a power reverser transmission, there should be a stock on the steering wheel to the left, make sure that is in the center and not clicked to the top or bottom. If its clicked to forward, or reverse sometimes the tractor will blink N and not start even if you have the clutch in.
    -J.R.
    5065E MFWD
    D140 Lawn Mower / R1 rear tires / Ribs front

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    11-07-2019 @ 09:46 PM
    Thanks
    You might also might check the fuse box below the steering wheel. Ive had a fuse blow and it blink N and not start, there are a few things that will make it flash N like its doing and not start.
    These E tractors for the most part are a simple build for a modern tractor.
    wildbranch2007 and PJR832 like this.
    -J.R.
    5065E MFWD
    D140 Lawn Mower / R1 rear tires / Ribs front

11. Top | #8

Last Online
    Today @ 07:53 AM
    Thanks
    Welcome to GTT
    Is pto control in off position? Have you considered checking battery voltage? You might check for a blown fuse.

12. Top | #9

Last Online
    11-06-2019 @ 05:16 PM
    Thanks
    It might be that you have a power-reverser transmission. The lever to the left of the steering wheel needs to be in the center position (not forward or back). You also need to make sure you are in neutral or park on the gear shift lever. Wait until the N light stops blinking and it should turn over....
    Last edited by DamonSmathers; 12-06-2018 at 06:08 PM.
    2015 John Deere 5075e with Cab/Loader, 1959 Allis-Chalmers D14, 1955 Allis-Chalmers WD45 Diesel,
    8ft front snow blade , 5ft 3-point roto-tiller, New Holland 575 square baler, Allis-Chalmers 303 square baler, New Holland 469 Haybine

13. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:09 AM
    Thanks
    I agree with others in that it's likely the powereverser lever isn't in the middle (neutral) position. Pretty sure it will start without being in park, but the powerreverser being in neutral is required.

If your daughter drives it much you better also make sure you have the seat adjusted for her weight. I let my Mom drive my 5075E once and the powershuttle was giving us fits. Turned out being I had my seat adjusted for my 200 lbs and my Mom probably weighs less the 120 lbs. Once I adjusted it for her weight the issue went away.
    Last edited by JROC; 12-07-2018 at 08:17 PM.
    PJR832 and buckteeth445 like this.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to JROC For This Useful Post:

Zebrafive (12-09-2018)

15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast