Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By WMA Tractor

Thread: 5075M Engine Fault Light

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    06-29-2019 @ 09:37 AM
    Thanks

5075M Engine Fault Light

When I am operating my 5075M over 1600 RPMs the Service alert indicator light and the Engine Information Indicator light are coming on. I can stop the tractor and shut it off and when it restarts the warnings are gone. I’ve checked the oil level like the manual says and it’s fine. It only happens when I’m at those higher RPMs. If I keep it just below 1600 RPMs it doesn’t seem to have the problem. The lights usually come on within a minute of opperating above the 1600RPMs. There’s no noticeable change in the tractor performance when the lights come on. The first time it happened I drove with the lights flashing for a short period and the engine slowed to a lower RPM like there was a safety mechanism on the tractor. I haven’t driven it with the lights flashing since then but I will stop it and turn it off and then just work with the RPMs lower. The service manual says “Have a John Deere dealer diagnose the problem” but I’d hate to take it somewhere and it be something easy to fix. Anyone else ever had this issue and have you figured out a fix? Just trying to troubleshoot the issue before I take it to John Deere.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:00 AM
    Thanks
    Wild guess; partially plugged trans/hydraulic filter, that can't flow enough at the higher rpm
    How many hours on the filter?
    J
    John Deere 2030 w/245SL Loader
    John Deere 6415 w/640SL Loader
    John Deere 285 50" deck Stolen May 2017
    John Deere x485 62" deck AWS
    Kawasaki Mule 2510 4x4 bought new 1996
    Ford F250 4x4 bought new 1978

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    Sorry for the delay. The Tractor has 780 hours on it and I drained the hydraulic fluid and replaced the filter at 600 hours. It’s not scheduled for another filter and fluid change until 1200 hours so it should be good.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks
    Another development in this issue. If I let the engine run with the warning lights on the tractor after a few minutes brings the engine down to 1500 RPMs and I can’t go above that until I shut the tractor off and restart it. Checked oil and hydraulic fluid, checked battery voltage and alternator function, cleaned out all of the radiator fins, drained the water/fuel separator.
    Last edited by WMA Tractor; 06-10-2019 at 12:42 PM.

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:12 PM
    Thanks
    In the operators manual its says to check for fault codes in display, not sure how to do that on a 75M. If it was my tractor i think i would change the oil pressure sensor, if the oil level is good.

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks
    Well I finally gave in and took it to the shop. They hooked the computer up to it and checked it. Turns out it was low fuel pressure. Replaced the fuel filter and the problem has stopped. I’ve been following the maintenance timeline in the maintenance guide which says changing it every 500 hours so it only had 180 hours on it. The guy at the shop says they wouldn’t let one go more than 150 hours. Either way, learned something new and the tractor works again
    wildbranch2007 likes this.

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Today @ 07:55 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WMA Tractor View Post
    Well I finally gave in and took it to the shop. They hooked the computer up to it and checked it. Turns out it was low fuel pressure. Replaced the fuel filter and the problem has stopped. I’ve been following the maintenance timeline in the maintenance guide which says changing it every 500 hours so it only had 180 hours on it. The guy at the shop says they wouldn’t let one go more than 150 hours. Either way, learned something new and the tractor works again
    Glad it wasn’t a bigger problem. Yeah, one gallon of dirty fuel can clog a whole filter up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    3046r Cab, H165 w/61" bucket, Frontier 72"BB, MX6, and Woods TCR68" Tiller.

10. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements