Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: stereo radio bluetooth

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:56 PM
    Thanks

stereo radio bluetooth

I am looking to replace my factory REI radio unit in my 5105m with a ....am/fm/weather/bluetooth (cell phone) compatable radio unit ....current unit works fine just want the bluetooth hookup for my cell phone ...or other ideas as i miss a lot of calls in the cab ..

looking for a direct factory replacement unit ...nothing super special

thx for ideas and responses
    Herminator and PJR832 like this.
    John Deere
    5105M
    Caterpillar
    D4Hxl
    416C
    Gehl
    5635DX

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:37 PM
    Thanks
    Meaning no disrespect, do you wear hearing aids? If you do, several manufacturers have blue tooth capability in their hearing aids. You need their 'streamer', a small controller that has to be withing approx. 5 feet of your hearing aids that allows you to answer phone calls, control the volume in you H/A and in some streamers use the H/A as headphones if you attach an MP3 player to them. I have found them very useful to answer the phone while driving my truck, and on several occaisions to listen to my I-Pod. If you need hearing aids its something to talk to your audiologist about.
    2018 JD 1025r, 54" mower deck, backhoe, front-end-loader, Braber Equipment post hole auger, 9 and 12" augers,
    1999 +/- Craftsman lawn tractor, 46" mower deck.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NotYourGrandfathersDeere View Post
    Meaning no disrespect, do you wear hearing aids? If you do, several manufacturers have blue tooth capability in their hearing aids. You need their 'streamer', a small controller that has to be withing approx. 5 feet of your hearing aids that allows you to answer phone calls, control the volume in you H/A and in some streamers use the H/A as headphones if you attach an MP3 player to them. I have found them very useful to answer the phone while driving my truck, and on several occaisions to listen to my I-Pod. If you need hearing aids its something to talk to your audiologist about.

No disrespect taken...i do not require hearing aids YET.....but ..tractor running, radio running, implements running ...i do need more volume than the phone puts out or need it to interupt the radio....usually miss texts that only dingle once...
    BigJim55 and PJR832 like this.
    John Deere
    5105M
    Caterpillar
    D4Hxl
    416C
    Gehl
    5635DX

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:46 PM
    Thanks
    Start at any car audio place for a radio, they can tell you what you need. Walmart might have a radio also,, but you will be on you're own there. Take your old one with you so you can compare plugins. You will get the microphone with the radio. Shouldn't be a problem.. Even if you have to wire the radio in.. You can get them online also too..

I'd get satellite ready too. Talk radio is wonderful..

EDIT I believe JD has antitheft features on their factory radios.. IDK..
    Last edited by 1010; 08-20-2019 at 12:51 AM.
    BigJim55 and PJR832 like this.

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Today @ 09:05 PM
    Thanks
    I’d go with Bluetooth noise canceling headphones. I have iso-tunes I use at work and even in the loudest area I can have a phone call.
    BigJim55, PJR832, ttazzman and 1 others like this.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:11 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NotYourGrandfathersDeere View Post
    There are some that even do it without the "streamer". However for some reason many of them only work with iPhones. If you are an Android user like I am, we seem largely left out. However Samsung phones seem to have a bit more compatibility with them. I went with the Note 9 this time around for that. I can't stream to it but I can at least control environmental stuff (listening modes) and volume. My only deal is I don't remember what I did with my "streamer" as I don't use it much. That is mainly because I only have one hearing aid which I don't always wear. Because I only have one, I don't have stereo sound either.

Getting back to the OP. There are a lot of stereos out there that will do this. Most will have a remote mic that you can install a little closer to you. This is important because I would imagine the cab environment is fairly loud. Even with this I wonder how well this will work in a loud environment. My car is fairly loud and even with the factory bluetooth system, many people see they can't hear me. That even has a mic up by the map lights. Since you don't wear hearing aids have you looked at BT headset? You don't have a helmet on but with my Sena BT headset in my motorcycle helmet I can connect to all kinds of stuff from radios to cell phones. In fact I can have a better conversation while on my motorcycle at 75mph down the interstate than I can in my car at 45mph. The Sena headset has a built in FM tuner but if you get very far away from the city it cuts out. I mostly listen to podcasts anyhow or stream music from my phone so it doesn't matter much. While I have been talking motorcycle helmets, they do make ones for non helmets with the same tech. Some might help preserve your hearing. It is the same tech as in motorcycle helmets but in a different package. Though the main focus is for intercom which you don't need.

Best Bluetooth Worksite Jobsite Radio | Sena

https://www.sena.com/outdoor/communication#on-ear
    rydplrs and ttazzman like this.

JD Z950R 60" Deck with DFS Collection System

JD X585, 54C deck,
    CTC Model X4750 F.E.L - Modified Imp Pressure Relief from 900 to 1175PSI, Power Flow and MC519 cart, 54-inch Quick-Hitch Front Blade, 47-inch Quick-Hitch Snow Blower, 3-pt hitch, HF Quick Hitch, Heavy Hitch, 48" box blade/rear blade, Dethacher, 3pt Sprayer

9. The Following User Says Thank You to sennister For This Useful Post:

ttazzman (08-20-2019)

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:24 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,177 Times in 2,608 Posts
    I replaced the OEM Jenson radio in my 3720 with JVC unit and updated the speakers too while I had the roof off. The difference is stunning! You will most likely have to use an adapter though, I don't think you'll find a plug and play unit.

This works for the 3 and 4 series:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN3751.jpg   IMG_5540.JPG   IMG_5541.JPG  
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Kennyd For This Useful Post:

ttazzman (08-20-2019)

12. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:01 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,446 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ttazzman View Post
    I am looking to replace my factory REI radio unit in my 5105m with a ....am/fm/weather/bluetooth (cell phone) compatable radio unit ....current unit works fine just want the bluetooth hookup for my cell phone ...or other ideas as i miss a lot of calls in the cab ..

looking for a direct factory replacement unit ...nothing super special

thx for ideas and responses
    did u check at JD? i could of gotten the blue tooth radio--and that x something radio for in the gator at the time. wasn't a loot more really than i paid for what i call simpler.

really didn't want ole buddy gizmo2 to be to bent out fo shape at me--u know for getting a full cab and all
    rydplrs and PJR832 like this.
    jim

2006 2520 mcut, 2004 x475, 1953 model 50, 1985 318-was my Dad's,
    king kutter tiller-60", frontier-stone rake, jd-4ft brush hog, frontier-6ft back-blade, frontier-forks, 48 inch forks,
    2-54inch jd snow plows, jd-5ft-pull brush hog,

2018 835R gas model gator-"aka" the Cadillac i say!! 6ft jd snow plow-which already has a dtac out on it. i got just about everything on it i could at the time

13. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJim55 View Post
    did u check at JD? i could of gotten the blue tooth radio--and that x something radio for in the gator at the time. wasn't a loot more really than i paid for what i call simpler.

really didn't want ole buddy gizmo2 to be to bent out fo shape at me--u know for getting a full cab and all

I have not checked at the dealership yet......i have looked online but so far have not found the part numbers and selections availible for my unit....thought i would ask for suggestions here first before i got into it deeper........i have set up some bluetooth ear buds for the phone i am going to try first and work my way up to a radio changeout...i figure if i do the radio changeout probably should pop the lid and do speakers etc as well...

i am carefully reviewing and thankful for each and every suggestion that has already or may be presented as i go...part of my doing my diligence
    Last edited by ttazzman; 08-20-2019 at 06:09 PM.
    rydplrs and PJR832 like this.
    John Deere
    5105M
    Caterpillar
    D4Hxl
    416C
    Gehl
    5635DX

14. Top | #10

Last Online
    Today @ 09:05 PM
    Thanks
    Is it like a generic car stereo?

Have you ever replaced one in a car? You need to get a vehicle side adapter and splice it’s wires to a stereo side adapter. Kennyd’s picture looks like the tractor wires might have a commercial end which means you can get a commercial adapter to any stereo unit you want. If it adds a microphone it will probably have a separate connection.

A picture of your current radio would help me provide a few other options.
    PJR832 and ttazzman like this.

15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast