Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: 5065E getting HOT again - Couv

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:31 PM
    Thanks

5065E getting HOT again - Couv

Well Guys and Gals, My 5065E is giving heat troubles again.

Runs fine for about 2 hours. Engine temp never gets above mid-range on the Engine Temp gauge. All the while, you can feel the heat building in the transmission case, floorboards, etc,

After about 2 hours of pulling a 8 ft cutter in heavy brush, it just plain quits running. At that point, the starter is so hot it will not turn over. Even the FEL FRAME is so hot you cant leave your hand on it.

Thought it was fuel oriented, so we changed fuel filters, have bled the diesel system so many times there is no paint on the bleed screws or the nuts on the injector lines.

Radiator is full of water/antifreeze mix.

Tranny/Hydraulic oil is full to the top mark on the tranny dipstick. The last time I had the oil drained, I cleaned the pickup screen near the PTO.

Unit has 950 hours on it. 2012 Year Model.

Any suggestions ?
    Couv

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:12 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by couv View Post
    Well Guys and Gals, My 5065E is giving heat troubles again.

Runs fine for about 2 hours. Engine temp never gets above mid-range on the Engine Temp gauge. All the while, you can feel the heat building in the transmission case, floorboards, etc,

After about 2 hours of pulling a 8 ft cutter in heavy brush, it just plain quits running. At that point, the starter is so hot it will not turn over. Even the FEL FRAME is so hot you cant leave your hand on it.

Thought it was fuel oriented, so we changed fuel filters, have bled the diesel system so many times there is no paint on the bleed screws or the nuts on the injector lines.

Radiator is full of water/antifreeze mix.

Tranny/Hydraulic oil is full to the top mark on the tranny dipstick. The last time I had the oil drained, I cleaned the pickup screen near the PTO.

Unit has 950 hours on it. 2012 Year Model.

Any suggestions ?
    Couv
    So it’s the hydraulic system again? I forget what the resolution was on your original problem.
    Welcome back
    4720 66hp Open Station, Power Beyond, 3rd, 4th and 5th Rear SCV, iMatch, 400cx with SSQA, 3rd Loader Function, MX6, BoDozer Grapple
    JD 320D Skid Loader
    Gator 865r...Fully Pimped Out

X748SE 24hp, 647 Tiller, 54" front blade, 47 Snow Blower, 62C deck, JD disk

JD 997 Zero Turn

Farmall B

2 miniature donkeys, 1/8 hp (each)

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:37 PM
    NW Oregun Gutterslut...the Wet Side.... Gaston
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by arlen View Post
    So it’s the hydraulic system again? I forget what the resolution was on your original problem.
    Welcome back

Not remembering the back story..

My first thoughts were..thermostat ,plugged or bad muffler(loose internals in muffler?). Have you cleaned the radiator..?? you'd be surprized how clogged the fins can get. Dust , then it gets wet , turns to mud and hardens..a thought..... ,iirc..internal hydro leaks create lots of heat..something I learned here @ gtt.
    I'll tag along for the ride...
    BigJim55 and wildbranch2007 like this.
    Dan

JD 955 ,70A loader, 60" mmm , Original I-match ,4' woods B hog , 5' Box blade , 12' orchard plane/driveway grader ,various other doo-dads & homebuilt implements. Goossen BFBlower, JakeRake..this thing is different.
    Kubota U-15
    Kubota RTV 900

47 8n......good times..V8 in my future possibly

Pharrell Williams - Freedom (Video) - YouTube ...George Michael - Freedom! ’90 (Official Video) - YouTube..

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 03:02 PM
    Thanks
    When the strainer in the fuel tank on my 5065E got clogged, the water temp gauge would run 3/4 way to hot, not straght up like normal. Were you able to get any tempature readings on the hydraulic system.
    Treefarmer likes this.

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    09-27-2019 @ 06:13 AM
    Thanks

Bucket up?

As a new guy who bought a 5055e from a lawn mower shop, I sent my tractor back several times for OH issues. The lawn mower guys didn't know nothin... Somewhere I read that the hydraulics run constantly with the bucket full up, overheating the system. since I stopped bush hogging with the bucket rotated full up, problem has stopped. Could this be your problem? JD assumes us city boys have been tractor guys all our lives. Sorry if I have suggested something everyone else knows.

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Today @ 04:44 PM
    Thanks
    I'll never understand why tractor operators that have FEL attached especially quick attach/detach models desire to operate tractor with boom raised way above the tractor hood. I find it difficult to believe that boom height has any affect on temp of hyd oil oil. Can anyone please explain how boom height or bucket rotated full up affects hyd oil temp especially if control valve is in neutral position??

Back to couv's tractor a relief valve must be unseating due to faulty valve which is probably 3 pt hitch related which is creating the heat.
    Last edited by Tx Jim; 09-28-2019 at 06:33 AM.
    johnH123 likes this.

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:34 AM
    Thanks
    Have you blown out the radiator?

We have a 7130 we blow straw (roundbales) with for erosion control. Not only will the radiator screens get clogged up and need to be shaken off we have to take an air hose and blow through the radiator to get all the dust out of the cooling fins.
    1025r TLB w 60D MMM & Independent Lift
    SN 114287 Built April '13 received 8/21/13
    180 degree thermostat
    Omni Transformer w/ integrated weight bracket
    Single Point
    Ken's Bolt on hooks
    Artillian Forks (42")
    Full Compliment of Wheel Weights (340lbs)
    Custom Seat Springs

Kubota 326H 72" deck ZTR

Stihl MS361, FS250R

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:54 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx Jim View Post
    I'll never understand why tractor operators that have FEL attached especially quick attach/detach models desire to operate tractor with boom raised way above the tractor hood. I find it difficult to believe that boom height has any affect on temp of hyd oil oil. Can anyone please explain how boom height or bucket rotated full up affects hyd oil temp especially if control valve is in neutral position??

Back to couv's tractor a relief valve must be unseating due to faulty valve which is probably 3 pt hitch related which is creating the heat.
    A neighbor had a JD 2555 w/245 loader (easy to remove), I would see him mowing with the bucket raised, pulling a 15' batwing mower. I wanted to take the loader off for him

The place sold this year and tractor/loader/batwing mower when with the property. The new owner (farm boy) takes the loader off to mow

I think it's easy to understand, lazy, too lazy to remove the loader.
    Last edited by Zebrafive; 09-28-2019 at 08:19 AM.
    J
    John Deere 2030 w/245SL Loader
    John Deere 6415 w/640SL Loader
    John Deere 285 50" deck Stolen May 2017
    John Deere x485 62" deck AWS
    Kawasaki Mule 2510 4x4 bought new 1996
    Ford F250 4x4 bought new 1978

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:33 PM
    Thanks
    The only time my 5075E overheats is when the radiator gets loaded up while bush hogging. If you have an 18+ 5E it has a screen in front of the radiator that collects the airborne crap so that when you start to overheat just pull the screen out and brush/shack the crap off and problem solved. IDK if that's your issue or not

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:27 PM
    Thanks
    Make sure the fan belt is good and snug too. As dry and hot as it is in the South right now daily, possibly every few hours of cleaning will need to be done.. Even the air filter..
    I use a leaf blower..

Just a question, is this a shuttle tractor or PR12/12?
    Last edited by 1010; 09-29-2019 at 01:10 PM.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast