212 PTO Clutch confusion...

Thread: 212 PTO Clutch confusion...

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    08-18-2019 @ 09:13 AM
    Thanks

212 PTO Clutch confusion...

1986 212 with electric PTO and Electric Lift. I was planning on greasing the bearings on the PTO sheave assembly today but noticed that my tractor does not have a "Clutch Arm Assembly," "PTO Clutch Pivot," "Fulcrum Bolt" or or a "Clutch Break." It looks as though my PTO Sheave Assembly is bolted directly to the Clutch Lining Assembly. This is nothing like I am seeing in my owners manual or service manual. I am new to these 200 series tractors so any information or guidance would be greatly appreciated. I have pictures of my setup as it sits right now. I don't want to loosen the bolt holding it on (see pictures) and have the entire assembly come flying out at me hence my request for guidance. I am beginning to think mine was replaced with a different style of clutch assembly from a different tractor.

Current Set Up Side View
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PTO assembly side view.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	641796

Current Set Up Looking towards front of tractor and down, drive belt is to the far left in picture (that is the drive belt for the mower deck on right side of picture)

Name:	PTO Looking down towards front.jpg 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	641798

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 09:59 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepjeff View Post
    1986 212 with electric PTO and Electric Lift. I was planning on greasing the bearings on the PTO sheave assembly today but noticed that my tractor does not have a "Clutch Arm Assembly," "PTO Clutch Pivot," "Fulcrum Bolt" or or a "Clutch Break." It looks as though my PTO Sheave Assembly is bolted directly to the Clutch Lining Assembly. This is nothing like I am seeing in my owners manual or service manual. I am new to these 200 series tractors so any information or guidance would be greatly appreciated. I have pictures of my setup as it sits right now. I don't want to loosen the bolt holding it on (see pictures) and have the entire assembly come flying out at me hence my request for guidance. I am beginning to think mine was replaced with a different style of clutch assembly from a different tractor.

Current Set Up Side View

Name:	PTO assembly side view.jpg 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	641796

Current Set Up Looking towards front of tractor and down, drive belt is to the far left in picture (that is the drive belt for the mower deck on right side of picture)

Name:	PTO Looking down towards front.jpg 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	641798
    All the parts you list are parts of the manual pto.

An electric pto only requires setting the air gap. No grease.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to rydplrs For This Useful Post:

jeepjeff (08-05-2018)

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    08-18-2019 @ 09:13 AM
    Thanks
    Okay, well then since my mower deck does stop in the manual's recommended 5ish seconds I guess the gap is good. Man, that was an easy job. Thanks!

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements