212 Seat Relocation

Thread: 212 Seat Relocation

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    08-18-2019 @ 09:13 AM
    Thanks

212 Seat Relocation

Although I really enjoy my 212 I always felt like I was sitting on top of the steering wheel and my gut (which is substantial) would always rub against it. Even with the seat as far back as possible I had a problem so I decided to customize it to fit me. I also wanted to raise the seat up a bit so I got myself two pieces of square channel @ 12" x 1 3/8" with 0.065 wall thickness. This is the start of the fabrication process and I have more work to do but you can get an idea of what I am attempting to do here. I definitely need to add a little more height (see the spacers) to the front end so I can have a more laid back posture when "working" with it. I also need to customize the factory springs a little more. I still have complete access to the gas cap/tank but it is tight so I need to work on that. And instead of drilling numerous holes I used a rotozip with my cutoff wheel attachment and just made some square access panels. This gives me much more access and allows a bit more tweaking until I get it to fit right.

FYI, my tip of the day, did you know that the factory seat adjustment knobs fit perfectly on the belt tensioner bolt on the front end!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Seat 1.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	779.0 KB 
ID:	644594
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	seat 2.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	570.5 KB 
ID:	644596
    Last edited by jeepjeff; 08-23-2018 at 05:46 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:04 PM
    Thanks
    Look for the seat flipper that goes between the seat and the u-springs. You will have to piece together since there is no kit available.

Here is the parts diagram:

Old Catalog:

http://jdpc.deere.com/jdpc/servlet/c...ageServlet_Alt

New Catalog:

https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/...pgId/122393405
    Last edited by bloodrunsgreen; 08-23-2018 at 06:19 PM.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Thanks
    I'll have to think about that for a future project if this doesn't work like I plan. I actually saw some seat relocation brackets on ebay today, they wanted around $45 for them and I don't see them raising it up like I wanted to.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:04 PM
    Thanks
    I was thinking about the flip seat bracket for accessing the fuel tank when fueling.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodrunsgreen View Post
    I was thinking about the flip seat bracket for accessing the fuel tank when fueling.

Yes I know but I think I will tackle that at another time. I still have complete access although it is tight however I am going to come up with a way to flip the seat once I find the materials to do it. That's why I go to so many rummage sales, flea markets, and various sales. I get many ideas looking at all the goodies. And every once in a while they work!!!!!

8. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements