212 Variator adjustment issues

Thread: 212 Variator adjustment issues

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    09-08-2018 @ 07:36 PM
    Thanks

212 Variator adjustment issues

hey everyone I recently replaced both the primary and secondary belts with OEM John deere belts and having some issues after "adjusting the variator according to the service manual". I have the service manual and know about the disconnecting the spark plug, adjusting the bolt and allowing the clutch to rise. The tractor is having issues where I start to go up hills and the mower just stops, showing that it is not adjusted well. When you move the lever into a higher position like the 4th 5th the belt must tighten and it starts moving again. I would like the variator to work again as i feel like I am either whipping the tractor around am going too slow. When you look at the picture below i feel that the bolt comes in to adjust near 11 has different wiggle room and didn't know if should be higher or lower.

Please let me know if there is a way to manually adjust this or if there might be another issue. Thank you in advance

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	john-deere-210-parts-diagram-10-29-200-drive-splendid-print-full-size.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	50.0 KB 
ID:	647382

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    10-15-2018 @ 11:31 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by scrplayer8712 View Post
    i feel that the bolt comes in to adjust near 11 has different wiggle room and didn't know if should be higher or lower
    Your use of the phrase "wiggle room" leads me to to believe you are leaving one part out of the adjusting process . You need to push on the ratchet .

Grasp the ratchet HANDLE with your right hand , then use your left hand to push forward & down on the ratchet HEAD .

4. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements