Fitment for 318 & 140 Attachments ???
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Fitment for 318 & 140 Attachments ???

  1. Top | #1
    chester7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Last Online
    07-27-2019 @ 06:22 PM
    Location
    Hartford WI
    Posts
    170
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Fitment for 318 & 140 Attachments ???

    Will a plow that fits on a 318 also fit a 140 im thinking it does but just want to be 100% sure eh Thanks Chad
    2015- JD 1023E / Block Heater ,120 H Loader / 53" Bucket, 54D MMM Auto Connect ,Artillian Forks (36") / 2" Reciever Hitch Aapter , JD IMatch ,BB5048L Box Scraper ,Heavy Hitch Dual suitcase weight ,1965 JD 110 Restored & Customized ,1969 JD 140 H1 / 38" deck ,1974 JD 140 H3 / 3pt ,1977 JD 300 H2 / 47" deck ,JD 54" Hyd Blade 4 position Heavy Duty ,48" Sweepster ,2- Brass Tag 80 Dump Carts ,8" Brinly Plow ,2- 10" Brinly Plows ,Brinly Disc ,Brinly Cultivator

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. Top | #2
    MDrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:14 AM
    Location
    S.E. WI
    Posts
    4,071
    Thanks
    290
    Thanked 655 Times in 427 Posts
    Plow as in front blade, yes. Plow as in moldboard, 3 point to 3 point yes. Integral hitch to 3 point needs an adapter.

    The front of a 318 and a 140 are basically the same as far as fitment. If the 140 has 2 sets of hydro ports very much the same.
    Last edited by MDrew; 10-27-2018 at 08:13 PM.
    Mike

    Sometimes I'm only funny to myself.

    300, 140, 318, 430, 314, 110. Brinly plows, disk, 80 cart, couple of 49 blowers, 3 54 blades, 33 tiller, tilt dump MCS, HPX Gator, CS Gator, Model A. Struck MD 750 w/bucket and hoe.
    Drew's Performance: We screwed the last guy so we can pass the savings on to you.

  4. Top | #3
    chester7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Last Online
    07-27-2019 @ 06:22 PM
    Location
    Hartford WI
    Posts
    170
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MDrew View Post
    Plow as in front blade, yes. Plow as in moldboard, 3 point to 3 point yes. Integral hitch to 3 point needs an adapter.

    The front of a 318 and a 140 are basically the same as far as fitment. If the 140 has 2 sets of hydro ports very much the same.
    Thank You Eh!!!
    2015- JD 1023E / Block Heater ,120 H Loader / 53" Bucket, 54D MMM Auto Connect ,Artillian Forks (36") / 2" Reciever Hitch Aapter , JD IMatch ,BB5048L Box Scraper ,Heavy Hitch Dual suitcase weight ,1965 JD 110 Restored & Customized ,1969 JD 140 H1 / 38" deck ,1974 JD 140 H3 / 3pt ,1977 JD 300 H2 / 47" deck ,JD 54" Hyd Blade 4 position Heavy Duty ,48" Sweepster ,2- Brass Tag 80 Dump Carts ,8" Brinly Plow ,2- 10" Brinly Plows ,Brinly Disc ,Brinly Cultivator

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. Top | #4
    IndianaJim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Online
    11-11-2019 @ 10:51 AM
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,464
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 200 Times in 153 Posts
    While Mdrew is MOSTLY correct, if you are mounting a 54 blade to the front of a 318 that came from a 140, you will need to check the hydraulic fitting on the lift cylinder.
    There are SEVERAL 318s now running around with a dent in the front frame because of the wrong fitting being in place and hitting the frame.

    Be careful when checking, as it WILL do damage before you know it. Have a helper watch as you raise it up.

    The fitting issue is that the original was a 45 degree (doing this from memory which isnt so great, and it was a long time ago), and the new one is a 90.
    The 45 went out parallel to the cylinder, so up and away from the rear. This causes it to be in perfect position to ding the frame.
    It generally bends the fitting too.
    I believe the fix is to replace it with a 90 that goes perpendicular to the cylinder.
    Herminator likes this.
    Jim B.

    318, 49 Thrower, 2 80 Carts, 17AT cart, 54 Blade, 12" Brinly Plow, 30 Hydraulic Tiller w/extension & Briney 3-Pt hitch, 50 deck w/JRCO Cart Bagger.
    2025R, 120R loader w/Kens Bolt On Hooks, 260B backhoe w/8" & 16" buckets, Titan 36" forks, Imatch hitch, Weight Bracket/Hitch.

    Exmark Lazer Z HP 52"
    Husqvarna 550XP, 562XP, 55 Rancher

  7. Top | #5
    chester7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Last Online
    07-27-2019 @ 06:22 PM
    Location
    Hartford WI
    Posts
    170
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJim View Post
    While Mdrew is MOSTLY correct, if you are mounting a 54 blade to the front of a 318 that came from a 140, you will need to check the hydraulic fitting on the lift cylinder.
    There are SEVERAL 318s now running around with a dent in the front frame because of the wrong fitting being in place and hitting the frame.

    Be careful when checking, as it WILL do damage before you know it. Have a helper watch as you raise it up.

    The fitting issue is that the original was a 45 degree (doing this from memory which isnt so great, and it was a long time ago), and the new one is a 90.
    The 45 went out parallel to the cylinder, so up and away from the rear. This causes it to be in perfect position to ding the frame.
    It generally bends the fitting too.
    I believe the fix is to replace it with a 90 that goes perpendicular to the cylinder.
    Thank You Eh This is for a friend of mine and we might be using a blade from a 318 for his 140.
    Last edited by chester7; 10-27-2018 at 10:01 PM.
    Herminator likes this.
    2015- JD 1023E / Block Heater ,120 H Loader / 53" Bucket, 54D MMM Auto Connect ,Artillian Forks (36") / 2" Reciever Hitch Aapter , JD IMatch ,BB5048L Box Scraper ,Heavy Hitch Dual suitcase weight ,1965 JD 110 Restored & Customized ,1969 JD 140 H1 / 38" deck ,1974 JD 140 H3 / 3pt ,1977 JD 300 H2 / 47" deck ,JD 54" Hyd Blade 4 position Heavy Duty ,48" Sweepster ,2- Brass Tag 80 Dump Carts ,8" Brinly Plow ,2- 10" Brinly Plows ,Brinly Disc ,Brinly Cultivator

  8. Top | #6

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:14 AM
    Location
    Southern Maine
    Posts
    7,847
    Thanks
    624
    Thanked 744 Times in 631 Posts
    If the 140 is h1 it canít use a power angle blade.

  9. Top | #7
    chester7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Last Online
    07-27-2019 @ 06:22 PM
    Location
    Hartford WI
    Posts
    170
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rydplrs View Post
    If the 140 is h1 it canít use a power angle blade.
    I know Thanks we can get a really good deal on the blade just won't use the power angle eh
    2015- JD 1023E / Block Heater ,120 H Loader / 53" Bucket, 54D MMM Auto Connect ,Artillian Forks (36") / 2" Reciever Hitch Aapter , JD IMatch ,BB5048L Box Scraper ,Heavy Hitch Dual suitcase weight ,1965 JD 110 Restored & Customized ,1969 JD 140 H1 / 38" deck ,1974 JD 140 H3 / 3pt ,1977 JD 300 H2 / 47" deck ,JD 54" Hyd Blade 4 position Heavy Duty ,48" Sweepster ,2- Brass Tag 80 Dump Carts ,8" Brinly Plow ,2- 10" Brinly Plows ,Brinly Disc ,Brinly Cultivator

  10. Top | #8

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:14 AM
    Location
    Southern Maine
    Posts
    7,847
    Thanks
    624
    Thanked 744 Times in 631 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chester7 View Post
    I know Thanks we can get a really good deal on the blade just won't use the power angle eh
    You mood to remove it and put on manual angle parts if thatís your plan. Just not hooking up the angle cylinder will not work. You could make a strut to replace the cylinder, but make sure itís well built.

  11. Top | #9
    chester7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Last Online
    07-27-2019 @ 06:22 PM
    Location
    Hartford WI
    Posts
    170
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rydplrs View Post
    You mood to remove it and put on manual angle parts if thatís your plan. Just not hooking up the angle cylinder will not work. You could make a strut to replace the cylinder, but make sure itís well built.
    Yes that is our plan to machine/fabricate something for the angle lock eh Thanks
    2015- JD 1023E / Block Heater ,120 H Loader / 53" Bucket, 54D MMM Auto Connect ,Artillian Forks (36") / 2" Reciever Hitch Aapter , JD IMatch ,BB5048L Box Scraper ,Heavy Hitch Dual suitcase weight ,1965 JD 110 Restored & Customized ,1969 JD 140 H1 / 38" deck ,1974 JD 140 H3 / 3pt ,1977 JD 300 H2 / 47" deck ,JD 54" Hyd Blade 4 position Heavy Duty ,48" Sweepster ,2- Brass Tag 80 Dump Carts ,8" Brinly Plow ,2- 10" Brinly Plows ,Brinly Disc ,Brinly Cultivator

  12. Top | #10
    duwem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Online
    10-01-2019 @ 09:09 AM
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    334
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 31 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJim View Post
    While Mdrew is MOSTLY correct, if you are mounting a 54 blade to the front of a 318 that came from a 140, you will need to check the hydraulic fitting on the lift cylinder.
    There are SEVERAL 318s now running around with a dent in the front frame because of the wrong fitting being in place and hitting the frame.

    Be careful when checking, as it WILL do damage before you know it. Have a helper watch as you raise it up.

    The fitting issue is that the original was a 45 degree (doing this from memory which isnt so great, and it was a long time ago), and the new one is a 90.
    The 45 went out parallel to the cylinder, so up and away from the rear. This causes it to be in perfect position to ding the frame.
    It generally bends the fitting too.
    I believe the fix is to replace it with a 90 that goes perpendicular to the cylinder.
    Mine bent the fitting....
    70 w/ Custom 8hp Briggs and Hydrostatic Rearend
    70 no engine
    '74 140 H-3 w/ HD Air Cleaner, 3pt
    332 Custom Turbocharged and 2 Speed Swap
    345-the Grass Cutter w/ Powerflow Bagger
    2009 2320 w/ 200CX & 53" bucket 54 SnowBlower Artillian 42" forks

    3pt York Rake, Brinly 8 10 and 12" sleeve hitch & 3pt plows, 3pt Tandem Disk, Toolbar, A-Frame w/ Forks. Haban Flail Mower & Sickle Mower (140-332), Mott T38 Flail Mower, Custom MD Fab 3pt Plow and 2 Bottom Disk Plow, 3pt box blade, 42" Hyd Tiller

  13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts