• 1 Post By rydplrs

Thread: My new 210

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    06-12-2019 @ 08:17 PM
    Thanks

My new 210

Hello everyone

Just brought my Dad's old 210 to Texas and am starting on it by giving it a good cleaning and sorting out all the issues with the electrical system Dad parked it about 5 years ago because it wouldn't start. it looks to have good bones the tractor itself has no rot and hardly any rust to speak of. it came with a 46 inch mower deck that is gong to need a lot of work which i may be forced to replaced and also came with a snow plow ( not sure im going to get much use out of that)

I started by changing out the easy stuff points, condenser and added a new coil put a little fuel in the carb and the old kohler 10hp motor fired off and ran well however i had to use an IV set up to provide fuel as the fuel pump is shot so a new one is on order i will see if i can rebuild the original pump in the future.
    I am now going to go further into the electrical system i was able to diagnose the the starter solenoid was not getting the start command from the switch (Dad had a jumper cable lead attached to the starter and he would connect it to the positive post of the battery to fire off the machine) so a new switch is on order.

I will need help in finding out a source for the plug or just connectors for the ignition switch as the terminals are pretty rusty and am having a hard time removing enough rust to make what i feel would be a good solid connection so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Once i can get the machine working well my intention is going to be tear it all down give it a repaint the body panels and chassis replace any worn parts and get it looking and operating as close to new as possible. So ill be trying to find sources for decals, labels and also a rod to connect the plow with the deck lift control
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_7123.JPG   IMG_7160.JPG  
    DRobinson and kevin37b like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 08:47 PM
    Thanks

My new 210

The fuel pickup in the tank is probably clogged. Typically the fuel filter is tucked on left frame rail under your foot. Disconnect it and check for gravity flow.

If you replace the pickup take the time to clean the tank. Soap, water and rocks work great. A few hours in the sun will dry the rinse water.

You have a manual pto so electrical troubleshooting is easy. Follow the purple wire. It passes through a pto and neutral switch on the way to the solenoid.
    Last edited by rydplrs; 06-07-2019 at 06:13 PM.
    DRobinson likes this.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    06-12-2019 @ 08:17 PM
    Thanks
    Thanks for the reply.
    Fuel flow from tank is fine i gave it a good cleaning installed new hose and filter. I went ahead and changed out the fuel pump and it corrected my fuel issues. I disassembled the old fuel pump and it ended up having a perforated diaphragm.
    The new switch I ordered fixed up the starting issue when i ohm tested the old switch contacts I had power everywhere but no power to the contact when you turned the switch to the start position.
    I was able to find a used mower deck locally for $25 today so I spent the afternoon tearing it down cleaning off the rust and old paint and doing a little bit of welding if I’m lucky I may be able to get it repainted and rebuilt as soon as parts arrive

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements