Thread: 330

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    11-08-2019 @ 01:06 PM
    Thanks

Alright guys, I posted a couple years ago on this mower. I left it alone since as I didnt need it. As we have a house now, I need it running. I've replaced the alternator, regulator and some wiring along with various regular maintenance stuff and the ignition switch. Hooked all the wires up, following the technical manual. Put the charger on a low setting to maybe put some power into it. I got lights on the dash and the GP light clicks on and off like it should. I do not however hear buzzing. It seems as if they're doing something because the VC and manifold are heating up. Put also the big red wire from batter to starter and the three small red wires are heating up as well, but not directly at the battery post or to the new wiring to the Voltage regulator. So do I have another wire shorting somewhere between the starter and glow plugs? I checked the wires I could see and didnt see any cracks or frays. Unless it's in the connection to the starter motor. Just looking for input. Would really like my 330 back so I can quit running the borrowed white and yellow thing.....;)

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:23 PM
    NW Oregun Gutterslut...the Wet Side.... Gaston
    Thanks
    Is the starter motor functioning ..or perhaps locked up and sucking power?
    Dan

JD 955 ,70A loader, 60" mmm , Original I-match ,4' woods B hog , 5' Box blade , 12' orchard plane/driveway grader ,various other doo-dads & homebuilt implements. Goossen BFBlower, JakeRake..this thing is different.
    Kubota U-15
    Kubota RTV 900

47 8n......good times..V8 in my future possibly

Pharrell Williams - Freedom (Video) - YouTube ...George Michael - Freedom! ’90 (Official Video) - YouTube..

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    11-08-2019 @ 01:06 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by theduke View Post
    Is the starter motor functioning ..or perhaps locked up and sucking power?
    Could be. It rolled over intermittently. Either tried to roll over or did nothing, not even a click. I'm going to clean up the neutral safety switch tomorrow and then I'll move to the connections on the starter and see where that gets me.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:23 PM
    NW Oregun Gutterslut...the Wet Side.... Gaston
    Thanks
    If the starter dosen't move it may fry.

Given the small amount of lube they ever get from new...I'd test it with jumper cables or whatever. Momentary...

No movement..pop it off and take it apart. Lube & reassemble.

If there like all other small engine starters ..they are

Save it while you can
    Dan

JD 955 ,70A loader, 60" mmm , Original I-match ,4' woods B hog , 5' Box blade , 12' orchard plane/driveway grader ,various other doo-dads & homebuilt implements. Goossen BFBlower, JakeRake..this thing is different.
    Kubota U-15
    Kubota RTV 900

47 8n......good times..V8 in my future possibly

Pharrell Williams - Freedom (Video) - YouTube ...George Michael - Freedom! ’90 (Official Video) - YouTube..

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements