Rebuilding a 332!

Thread: Rebuilding a 332!

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    08-04-2019 @ 09:22 AM
    Thanks

Rebuilding a 332!

Hey there. I am new to the forum and have never posted anything on the internet such as this. I have a new to me 332. First night I parked in the shop on concrete. Woke up the next morning and I noticed a fluid leak underneath the transmission. After removing the seat and metal pan on which you sit (sorry, donít know itís technical name yet) I found it where the problem is coming from. It is the Flair nut on the hydraulic line atop the transmission. Iíve decided to remove and replace the line. My local John Deere store said the part is no longer available. I contacted my local hydraulic repair shop and they have no problem repairing it.

However, I needed to remove the radiator in order to access the other side of the line. I thought I would be able to remove the metal side panel on the right side of the center console in an effort for more working space and to clean up all that I could reach. But the bolt connecting to the frame with the rubber pad cushioning the seat deck has me baffled. Iíve tried everything I can think of to remove it. There is no bolt head. Only a rounded piece. There is no way to get any sockets or wrenches on it. I tried delicately prying it. But that was unsuccessful as well. Not sure what I am missing here. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to The Duke For This Useful Post:

eyeboltman†(07-28-2019)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:43 PM
    Thanks
    Take some pictures and post them. They're worth a thousand words.
    Greg

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!

2018 JD 1025R FEL /Mauser cab / 53" Bucket/Heavy hitch tooth bar / I-Match / Kenny's extended hook / JD ballast box / Loader mounted JD 54" snow plow/9" wings / Artillian 36" pallet fork set / Woods RTR48.30 tiller & LRS60 landscape rake / Howes 48" box blade /Heavy Hitch receiver/weight bracket / Heavy Hitch ripper/middle plow/subsoiler / Dual Alpena Hex Fire rear led lights / Bora 2" spacers / Land Pride CA1548 core aerator

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jdforever For This Useful Post:

eyeboltman†(07-28-2019)

6. Top | #3
    Last Online
    11-14-2019 @ 02:27 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The Duke View Post
    Hey there. I am new to the forum and have never posted anything on the internet such as this. I have a new to me 332. First night I parked in the shop on concrete. Woke up the next morning and I noticed a fluid leak underneath the transmission. After removing the seat and metal pan on which you sit (sorry, donít know itís technical name yet) I found it where the problem is coming from. It is the Flair nut on the hydraulic line atop the transmission. Iíve decided to remove and replace the line. My local John Deere store said the part is no longer available. I contacted my local hydraulic repair shop and they have no problem repairing it.

However, I needed to remove the radiator in order to access the other side of the line. I thought I would be able to remove the metal side panel on the right side of the center console in an effort for more working space and to clean up all that I could reach. But the bolt connecting to the frame with the rubber pad cushioning the seat deck has me baffled. Iíve tried everything I can think of to remove it. There is no bolt head. Only a rounded piece. There is no way to get any sockets or wrenches on it. I tried delicately prying it. But that was unsuccessful as well. Not sure what I am missing here. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    Congrats on the 332 Score!! Pics would be nice!!

If original, I believe the rubber isolator has a threaded stud through it and there is a nut on the underside of the frame. I am going by memory though which is sketchy on some days. Grab the rubber part of the isolator with pliers and loosen the nut after soaking with pb blaster.
    332 GT w/ 50" deck, trac vac
    LT178 w/ 38" deck

I heat my home & workshop with two coal stokers and have a vintage JD smoker!!!

The EPA just loves me.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Titleist1 For This Useful Post:

eyeboltman†(07-28-2019), The Duke†(07-30-2019)

8. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

9. Top | #4

Last Online
    12-08-2019 @ 09:56 AM
    Thanks
    It's one of those clip nut things that isolater is screwed into...no wrench required. That said get some vise grip pliers or whatever and get it whats left of the isolater out.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kbit For This Useful Post:

eyeboltman†(07-28-2019), The Duke†(07-30-2019)

11. Top | #5

Last Online
    08-04-2019 @ 09:22 AM
    Thanks
    Thank you all for the input. Iíve taken some photos, but Iím still learning how to post. I will figure that part out and post some photos later this week when I can.

I tried the pb blaster but to no avail. Yíall have defiantly helped steer me in the right direction. I will get it out even if it is non usable when Iím done. I think Iíd gain more by ruining the bolt and replacing if necessary than by not removing it. Hope to have it off soon.

Iíve never engaged in hydraulic line repairs of any kind. Seems pretty straight forward one I can get the stinkin bolt removed. I would like to pressure wash and clean all that I can in order to see if there are any additional leaks once the built up grass, grease and oil are removed. My goal is to change all of the fluids and filters first. Then have the radiator cored out due to the amount of rust and corrosion on the interior.

Thanks again for the great input.

12. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:05 PM
    NW Oregun Gutterslut...the Wet Side.... Gaston
    Thanks
    ...Off topic..but curious

Location?

Fill in your profile.

Be carefull on the pressure washing...Its not always the best cure.

I like the basic "engine cleaner" in a can..let it do its thing in the sun and rinse with hose gently.

Your electronics as basic as they may seem could turn into an unforseen problem if you PW.
    Hoses can be damaged..Stickers gone , paint lost.

Pic posting has been a challenge for me...copy & paste is easy but from phone takes forever.

Someplace theres a tutorial...
    Last edited by theduke; 07-30-2019 at 01:26 AM.
    Dan

JD 955 ,70A loader, 60" mmm , Original I-match ,4' woods B hog , 5' Box blade , 12' orchard plane/driveway grader ,various other doo-dads & homebuilt implements. Goossen BFBlower, JakeRake..this thing is different.
    Kubota U-15
    Kubota RTV 900

47 8n......good times..V8 in my future possibly

Pharrell Williams - Freedom (Video) - YouTube ...George Michael - Freedom! ’90 (Official Video) - YouTube..

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements