314 Snow thrower installation

Thread: 314 Snow thrower installation

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    10-29-2019 @ 07:39 PM
    Thanks
    Hi everyone I'm still new in this environment
    I'm testing the 49 snow thrower on my 314
    If I'm wrong I apologise for my ignorance but the mule drive have to be removed to be able to attach the snow thrower ?
    Or is a part or something in between ? otherwise the snow thrower pulley will hit the mule drive
    I appreciate any help
    Thanks
    Last edited by r2sol; 08-17-2019 at 04:09 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 12:13 PM
    Thanks
    Yes. Remove the mower mule drive before installing a snowblower

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Today @ 12:20 PM
    Thanks
    R2, Another mounting interference problem can be the belt tensioning pulley on the 49. If you look at the pulley assembly, you'll see it's mounted on a really long bolt. Pull the assembly towards the head of the bolt and the pulley will drop down...and NOT hit front frame of tractor when installing!

When I lived in CT, I used my 314 & 49 for about 30 years. I've cleared 2 foot of snow without a problem and opened the 3 feet of snow the State plowed into my driveway! The key is ground-speed...too fast and the thrower will clog/plug. too slow, it'll just push the snow. If your property is hilly, traction may be a problem. Mine was pretty steep and I ran turfs with WW fluid, dual wheel weights, chains, and suitcase weights...never spun the tires! It's a great combo and you'll luv it. Bob
    '80 317 w/18hp B&S and divert valve for rear hydraulics, 3 pt hitch, 5' york rake
    '82 314 w/rear PTO for tiller
    33 tiller
    49 thrower
    54 4 way blade
    Mod 48 deck & Mod 462 TracVac

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    10-29-2019 @ 07:39 PM
    Thanks
    Thanks Guys is great to have people who know this machines and have some information, my 314 is 35 tears old in really good condition, I just learning the trade
    Thanks

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Today @ 12:20 PM
    Thanks
    R2, Sorry to tell you this, but your not going to "learn" much with a 314. They're like the Eveready bunny and keep going, and going, and....... I bought mine in '82 from a landscaper that had a mowing service, so it was well used. I lost it in a divorce in 2010, and during those 28 years I replaced batteries, pto coil, 2 engine mounts, and the hydro sight tube. Original plug and never re-gapped, no idea if mag or points ignition system as I never had a problem starting...and tractor sat in an unheated garage in CT !! Keep your oil levels to spec and you'll be good to go. Bob
    '80 317 w/18hp B&S and divert valve for rear hydraulics, 3 pt hitch, 5' york rake
    '82 314 w/rear PTO for tiller
    33 tiller
    49 thrower
    54 4 way blade
    Mod 48 deck & Mod 462 TracVac

8. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements