Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Anything that fits a 2305

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    06-18-2019 @ 06:37 PM
    Thanks

Anything that fits a 2305

I have a 2305 with a finish mower, bush hog, and snow blower. So I'm in the market for quite a few attachments/implements. Including but not limited to:
    - MCS 14/20 bushel system, or non-JD brand equivalent. I'd need the power blower part too, have a 62" inch (yellow) finish mower
    - Loader, any of the ones that can fit on the mounting brackets for a 2305
    - Backhoe, though I have no interest in a 3 point hitch only one
    - Aerator
    - Detacher
    - Fork lift attachment for the loader

If you have something you want to get rid of that will work on a 2305 let me know.

Also, if you're just perusing the thread and have a suggestion for an attachment/implement to get (even though you don't have one to sell) I'm all ears, always appreciate advice!

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:06 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,976 Times in 2,482 Posts
    Used loaders are tough to find, as are backhoes but they are a bit easier.

I know you recently purchased your 2305, but adding these items can easily cost $6K or more, will you still be money ahead over the slightly used 1-series TLB?
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    Yes, I believe so. It really depends on how much bargain shopping I do. I got a really good deal on the 2305, which I believe is because it didn't have a loader or backhoe.

I do not foresee myself finding a backhoe that the work I'll use it for will justify the price. I'm seeing those starting at 6k and going up pretty quickly.

The truth is I got this thing to use it as a snow blower. Anything else is a plus. I'm not expecting to get much, but thought I'd throw this out there and see if anyone has something laying around they never were able/tried to sell, etc.

And yes, I'm seeing first hand how difficult it is to find a used loader.
    Last edited by xoted; 10-09-2018 at 01:39 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 09:47 AM
    Thanks
    Some indication of your location may help local members who have the implement you are looking for or help you locate it on a local basis (CL, FB marketplace etc).

Hint* fill in your profile!
    SulleyBear, buckteeth445 and xoted like this.
    2004-L130

2013-2032r, Curtis Hard side cab (project), H130 FEL & 61"bucket, Artillian Modular Grapple on HD frame with Diverter, 2300# Artillian frame w/ 36" x 3" tines, 46BH 9" & 13" bucket, Frontier RB1060, HLA 1000 series 60" JDQA Snow plow, JD ballast box, RK QH, Homemade 3pt multi purpose hitch, 117W of extra LED lights on ROPS and side Brush guards, Ken's bolt on hooks-3x, Ideal Knife grooved R-4's.

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    Hah, good idea. I've updated the location

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    06-25-2019 @ 10:34 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xoted View Post
    Yes, I believe so. It really depends on how much bargain shopping I do. I got a really good deal on the 2305, which I believe is because it didn't have a loader or backhoe.

I do not foresee myself finding a backhoe that the work I'll use it for will justify the price. I'm seeing those starting at 6k and going up pretty quickly.

The truth is I got this thing to use it as a snow blower. Anything else is a plus. I'm not expecting to get much, but thought I'd throw this out there and see if anyone has something laying around they never were able/tried to sell, etc.

And yes, I'm seeing first hand how difficult it is to find a used loader.

Just to give you an idea, I was offered full original selling retail price for my BH46. Anyone who has one is extremely unlikely to be willing to part with it at any sort of discount. I'd check tractor salvage yards however for the loader. Lots of these little SCUTs give up the ghost on the hydro pump (where it's cost-prohibitive to repair), so a loader should be much easier to find.
    Last edited by firemachine69; 10-10-2018 at 04:17 AM.
    JD 2520 MCUT (SOLD)

Looking for a 3xx or 4xx restoration project (at a good price)

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:18 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,363 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xoted View Post
    I have a 2305 with a finish mower, bush hog, and snow blower. So I'm in the market for quite a few attachments/implements. Including but not limited to:
    - MCS 14/20 bushel system, or non-JD brand equivalent. I'd need the power blower part too, have a 62" inch (yellow) finish mower
    - Loader, any of the ones that can fit on the mounting brackets for a 2305
    - Backhoe, though I have no interest in a 3 point hitch only one
    - Aerator
    - Detacher
    - Fork lift attachment for the loader

If you have something you want to get rid of that will work on a 2305 let me know.

Also, if you're just perusing the thread and have a suggestion for an attachment/implement to get (even though you don't have one to sell) I'm all ears, always appreciate advice!
    here's a cab that says it will fit ur 2305---https://altoona.craigslist.org/grd/d...704864603.html--doesn't sound like too bad of a price.
    Last edited by BigJim55; 10-10-2018 at 04:22 AM.
    Kennyd and xoted like this.
    jim

2006 2520 mcut, 2004 x475, 1953 model 50, 1985 318-was my Dad's,
    king kutter tiller-60", frontier-stone rake, jd-4ft brush hog, frontier-6ft back-blade, frontier-forks, 48 inch forks,
    2-54inch jd snow plows, jd-5ft-pull brush hog,

2018 835R gas model gator-"aka" the Cadillac i say!! 6ft jd snow plow-which already has a dtac out on it. i got just about everything on it i could at the time

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:06 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,976 Times in 2,482 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by firemachine69 View Post
    Lots of these little SCUTs give up the ghost on the hydro pump (where it's cost-prohibitive to repair), so a loader should be much easier to find.

Really? Where all the reports of failed hydro pumps on tractors?
    BigJim55 likes this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by firemachine69 View Post
    Just to give you an idea, I was offered full original selling retail price for my BH46. Anyone who has one is extremely unlikely to be willing to part with it at any sort of discount.
    Yeah that's what I'm seeing too. Loader and BH are not easy to find at a discount. The thing is, I don't foresee myself *needing* a BH. I'll keep my eyes open, if something comes up that makes sense I'll snag it.

I got a few quotes from local dealers for 3rd party backhoes. The cheapest so far was the Woods at 6200, including installation and subframe.

I have what I *need* for this tractor to be of use to me. It's main/primary use will be removing snow from a long and steep driveway so my wife can get to work when it snows. I can also cut my grass with it (though, perusing the forum, I see that these tractors can cause damage to the yard in wet conditions so I'll keep my little riding mower for those times of the year.)

Anything else from here out is just a nice plus to make life easier, and something for me to play with
    BigJim55 likes this.

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    06-25-2019 @ 10:34 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post
    Really? Where all the reports of failed hydro pumps on tractors?

You won't find many current or prior gen SCUTs with 2K+ hours on the original pump.
    JD 2520 MCUT (SOLD)

Looking for a 3xx or 4xx restoration project (at a good price)

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast