• 1 Post By johnH123
  • 1 Post By Jerry Garcia

Thread: 3R series service manual

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    08-18-2019 @ 08:08 PM
    Thanks

3R series service manual

Hey all. I am in the market for service manual TM130619. CD preferred but paper will do if price is right. The new JD pricing for it is out of sight. Perhaps my lesson learned on procrastination.
    Kennyd, JD4044M and HVACguy like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Well folks I finally broke down and let John Deere have their with me. I opted to go with their downloadable version of the manual TM130619 through their tech pub site. The purchasing procedure was quick and painless other than the price and the need to read through the terms and conditions check boxes. Once paid I was emailed a link that directed me to the download. As far as the manual goes it appears fairly in depth regarding technical information on the tractor. Now for the pdf file that is a different story. I should think for a $300 price tag on the manual that John Deere could put forth a little more thought and energy into their pdf formatting. For a 1000 plus page pdf file not to have bookmarks and links to contents isn't user friendly at all. And then to realize that the pdf file is password protected to not allow editing to add said bookmarks and links is somewhat maddening. With that said it took me only a few minutes to bypass their password protection and add my own bookmarks and links making the manual much easier to use and will build it the way I like it from there. Other than the price, the download for the way I work was the way to go for me. Paper and CD get damaged or lost. I've already got a couple backups of the manual in case something happens to my computing device.
    JD4044M likes this.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:21 PM
    Thanks
    I saw a Tech Manual on line for my 4044M $79.00 supposed to not be a hacked one? Thought that was a fair price it covered all 4 series tractors too. I should have book marked it!!
    Jerry Garcia likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:53 PM
    Thanks
    I think it's ridiculous you can get the whole serviceadvisor suite for 250 bucks and have a manual for literally every JD out there but have to pay 300+ for one manual.
    Jerry Garcia likes this.
    - 2002 John Deere 4510 TLB PR,
    -Woods BB60X 60" rotary cutter
    -Countyline box blade,
    -Allis Chalmers sickle mower,
    -RED windrow rake,
    -titan 48" 3000 pound forks/bale spear
    - Farm Star rear bale spear

Yamaha Rhino 700, Yamaha Rhino 660,
    Murray 624 mower/38" deck

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    I searched high and low and just couldn't bring myself to purchase from the sites that claim they had the manual for download. They all looked like take your money and run. I wasn't in to a the large file download that comes with service advisor. Besides those are all hacks.
    JD4044M likes this.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:53 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Garcia View Post
    I searched high and low and just couldn't bring myself to purchase from the sites that claim they had the manual for download. They all looked like take your money and run. I wasn't in to a the large file download that comes with service advisor. Besides those are all hacks.
    I had a site recommended to me by a diesel tech out of Oregon that I watch on YT. He has an excellent reputation and has a very large following. Of course I haven't tried it yet to say for sure but I think he's an honest guy. always happy to answer questions and stuff like that. He's an independent tech so the dealers won't just give him the software so i'm sure he had to figure out a good alternative.
    Last edited by johnH123; 02-01-2019 at 12:18 PM.
    - 2002 John Deere 4510 TLB PR,
    -Woods BB60X 60" rotary cutter
    -Countyline box blade,
    -Allis Chalmers sickle mower,
    -RED windrow rake,
    -titan 48" 3000 pound forks/bale spear
    - Farm Star rear bale spear

Yamaha Rhino 700, Yamaha Rhino 660,
    Murray 624 mower/38" deck

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by johnH123 View Post
    I had a site recommended to me by a diesel tech out of Oregon that I watch on YT. He has an excellent reputation and has a very large following. Of course I haven't tried it yet to say for sure but I think he's an honest guy. always happy to answer questions and stuff like that. He's an independent tech so the dealers won't just give him the software so i'm sure he had to figure out a good alternative.
    Agree. The diesel tech in oregon probably had to do what he had to do but interestingly a lot of the sites I came across had the "oops page not found" after clicking on it in google. I wonder if Deere legal came calling.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

10. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements