WTB: 1987 John Deere 318 Chassis

Thread: WTB: 1987 John Deere 318 Chassis

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:25 PM
    Thanks

WTB: 1987 John Deere 318 Chassis

Hi Guys!

I have a need for a 1987 vintage John Deere 318 chassis for a project I have in the works. Minimally it must include the operators console, all steering components, front axle, hydraulic lines/valve/levers, brake pedals/crosshaft and driveshaft.

If it does not have a transmission/hydrostat pump, wheels/tires, fender pan, gas tank, hood/hoodsupport, steering wheel, side shields, grille, seat, springs, or rockshaft, these items do not matter as they pertain to this project.

Please let me know what you might have along with a description. Photos would help. If you might prefer to PM me feel free to do so. I am willing to travel a reasonable distance from my home in Elkhart, Indiana for the right unit.

Look forward to hearing from any and all. Thanks in advance!

Gary

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    07-28-2019 @ 08:12 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GMan View Post
    Hi Guys!

I have a need for a 1987 vintage John Deere 318 chassis for a project I have in the works. Minimally it must include the operators console, all steering components, front axle, hydraulic lines/valve/levers, brake pedals/crosshaft and driveshaft.

If it does not have a transmission/hydrostat pump, wheels/tires, fender pan, gas tank, hood/hoodsupport, steering wheel, side shields, grille, seat, springs, or rockshaft, these items do not matter as they pertain to this project.

Please let me know what you might have along with a description. Photos would help. If you might prefer to PM me feel free to do so. I am willing to travel a reasonable distance from my home in Elkhart, Indiana for the right unit.

Look forward to hearing from any and all. Thanks in advance!

Gary
    Does it have to be a 318?

I have a 1984 316 that is complete (no deck) which the original Onan engine. The engine is out and the rods were broken. This is how I purchased it. I thought I would go through it and fix it but plans have changes and I am getting out of the 300 series.

It has the plastic coated rear wheel weights.

Would be willing to sell for $500.00 you pick up or have shipped at your expense.

I am located in central NC outside Greensboro, NC.

I can send photos if it looks like something in which .you are interested

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    I appreciate your response but yes it must be a 318. I have (4) 316's now. In fact that is my current project. My '87 316 is about to be reborn as a 318. In fact I think I have an '87 chassis secured. It is 99% a done deal, I just have to go and pick it up now....................But thanks again for your consideration.................Gary

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    06-15-2016 @ 09:18 PM
    Thanks

john Deere 318 chasis

Hi there GMan,
    There is a 318 with a blown engine for sale as parts on craigslist Indianapolis. Its located on the south side, check it out
    Pat

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks

'87 318 Chassis

Quote Originally Posted by paderack View Post
    Hi there GMan,
    There is a 318 with a blown engine for sale as parts on craigslist Indianapolis. Its located on the south side, check it out
    Pat
    Thanks Pat, I will check it out!.......................Gary

8. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements