• 2 Post By Treefarmer
  • 1 Post By hodge

Thread: WTB 790 PTO shield

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:18 PM
    Thanks

WTB 790 PTO shield

While my new-to-me 790 (2000) is in great shape, the PTO shield is bent substantially. It clears the PTO shaft, but I'd still like to replace it. So, I'm looking for the two side plates and top.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 06:45 AM
    Thanks

Just take it off

Quote Originally Posted by hodge View Post
    While my new-to-me 790 (2000) is in great shape, the PTO shield is bent substantially. It clears the PTO shaft, but I'd still like to replace it. So, I'm looking for the two side plates and top.
    In all my years, I had never removed a PTO shield off anything but the one on the 790 is off and will stay off until I sell the tractor. No, I don't want to sell it as if I ever do get rid of the tractor I will put it back on before selling but it's a major PITA to hook up the PTO with it on. There's so little clearance between the 3 point lift and drawbar that I don't see the missing shield as a danger.

If you must have one, I suggest looking at some of the used tractor part places over JD.

Treefarmer
    Gizmo2 and hodge like this.
    John Deere 790, 300 loader w Ken's Bolt on Hooks & Piranha tooth bar, grapple, back blade, box blade, Bush Hog mower, couple of red tractors, hay equipment, various old stuff some red, one orange, some I don't remember

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:18 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Treefarmer View Post
    In all my years, I had never removed a PTO shield off anything but the one on the 790 is off and will stay off until I sell the tractor. No, I don't want to sell it as if I ever do get rid of the tractor I will put it back on before selling but it's a major PITA to hook up the PTO with it on. There's so little clearance between the 3 point lift and drawbar that I don't see the missing shield as a danger.

If you must have one, I suggest looking at some of the used tractor part places over JD.

Treefarmer
    Interesting- thanks for sharing. I haven't removed the finish mower yet, so I haven't experienced the tight area. I may just make a new shield, with more room- or just remove the mangled one, and go without.
    BigJim55 likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements