Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By clayh

Thread: F935 commercial mower

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    04-08-2018 @ 11:05 AM
    Thanks

F935 commercial mower

Does anyone know if the fuel tanks have pick-ups in the bottom that can become clogged up? I am not getting diesel from one tank at the air bleed just before the injectors.

Secondly, I am not getting full engine power. The machine is bogging in heavy grass and on steep climbs. I took the air intake box off and there is no improvement. I am wondering if the exhaust is partially plugged

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:49 AM
    Thanks
    There are screen filters on the ends of the fuel pickup hoses inside the tanks. Common at this age for the lines to crack and rot off.
    Low power could be partial clog of a pickup or dirty fuel filter. Whenever a diesel loses power always change the fuel filters then go from there.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    04-08-2018 @ 11:05 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xcopterdoc View Post
    There are screen filters on the ends of the fuel pickup hoses inside the tanks. Common at this age for the lines to crack and rot off.
    Low power could be partial clog of a pickup or dirty fuel filter. Whenever a diesel loses power always change the fuel filters then go from there.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk
    I will investigate fuel pick up and filter first. Thanks for the advice

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    11-04-2019 @ 11:24 AM
    Thanks
    I typically do the fuel filter/water separator every 2nd oil change on a diesel, unless its being used in winter or filled from a slip tank, then I do it every oil change. Check the air filter as well if you are having power issues.

I have a F932(gas version) but did use a F935 once and was disappointed in its performance in deep grass. If it got lugged down it had a hard time spooling back up and would blow black smoke. Also don't expect to be able to climb hills and cut deep grass.

What deck do you have and are you mowing with the chute up? My F932 has the 72" deck and would plug quite easily so I tied the chute deflector into the up position, also there is a deflector just inside the discharge that tall grass would ball up on. I removed that with a grinder and now the grass sprays out nicely 3-5 feet. However be warned that with the deflector up you can easily shoot a rock 50yrds or more. I was mowing rural industrial sites with no one around.

Also how deep and thick, wet is the grass? Ankle high? Shin high? Knee high? Waist high?

How is your deck set? The front should actually be a bit lower than the rear to help the deck clear out. Ie: Set the cut height you want at the front of the deck then raise the back a 1/4".
    Last edited by clayh; 05-24-2017 at 11:36 AM.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    F932-gas with 72" mower deck(sold)
    2720-72" mower deck with hydraulic lift, 3 valve rear SCV, loader, bucket, forks, 84" RFM, blade, 74" snow blower, box blade, land grader........
    2305- sold
    Z915B

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements