• 2 Post By buckteeth445
  • 1 Post By buckteeth445

Thread: Z465 help!!!

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    06-11-2017 @ 09:48 AM
    Thanks

Exclamation Z465 help!!!

I have a JD Z465. Have loved it until now.

A week ago, I left mower outside after cutting grass. Left it out for about 4 days. Went to move mower and start cutting grass again. Mower started good, but when I went to engage blades it died.

Started again, engage blades and mower starts dying, push pto back down and engine revs back up. Pulled mower into shop. Have removed or checked all switches. Handles, brake, seat, pto, all check good. I disconnected the pto, ohmed it at 3.7 ohms. Left it unplugged.

Now the really, really weird part. I can start mower, but now, when I dis-engage the brake, the mower dies. What up with that. Have checked all fuses, only thing I have not checked is that relay.

Any and all ideas to fix this thing is greatly appreciated, and I will buy you all a cup of coffee for the help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    03-10-2019 @ 05:44 PM
    Thanks
    Had this problem then realized the mower deck was clogged with 22 pounds of wet grass, check hydro fluid, check for obstructions. When did the brake issue start?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Last edited by buckteeth445; 06-10-2017 at 11:41 PM.
    pcabe5 and raco232 like this.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    06-11-2017 @ 09:48 AM
    Thanks
    It was like a series of failures. I read on another site it could be the ignition switch. I took it off last night and soaked it. This morning I reinstalled it. The mower started up. I released the brake and it kept running. I moved the arms and it died. Realized I did not have seat switch jumpered. Did it again, moved brake and it died. Moved key switch several times, tried again with brake and it kept running. So I am 80% sure my problem is in the switch. Hour meter still not reading.
    Going to order new switch today.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    03-10-2019 @ 05:44 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dspeak View Post
    It was like a series of failures. I read on another site it could be the ignition switch. I took it off last night and soaked it. This morning I reinstalled it. The mower started up. I released the brake and it kept running. I moved the arms and it died. Realized I did not have seat switch jumpered. Did it again, moved brake and it died. Moved key switch several times, tried again with brake and it kept running. So I am 80% sure my problem is in the switch. Hour meter still not reading.
    Going to order new switch today.
    Let us know what you find. You'll be able to find it.
    pcabe5 likes this.

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements