Parking brake issue !!

Thread: Parking brake issue !!

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    07-21-2017 @ 09:04 AM
    Thanks

Parking brake issue !!

The parking brake on my Z445 has gotten almost impossible to set..... takes an excessive pull on the lever to put in 'PARK'. If I can't put the machine in park, then I'm gonna be dead in the water whenever I need to start the engine next time. This issue has gotten progressively worse. Operators manual does not show any way to adjust this extreme tension. Any suggestions ??

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:16 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 1,230 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgtstew View Post
    The parking brake on my Z445 has gotten almost impossible to set..... takes an excessive pull on the lever to put in 'PARK'. If I can't put the machine in park, then I'm gonna be dead in the water whenever I need to start the engine next time. This issue has gotten progressively worse. Operators manual does not show any way to adjust this extreme tension. Any suggestions ??

If your park brake lever is round, with a release button on the end, the travel of the park brake plates(5A, 5B or 5C) are adjusted by the position of Nuts(#3 & #16) on ether side of Trunnion(#15).

Note: - When the park brake is applied, the Plates come in contact with the rear tire center treads. If the tires are over-pressured, the park brake will be difficult to apply. Tire pressure specs. 10 PSI

If you park bake lever is Flat, I have no idea how to adjust.

Last edited by flyweight; 07-01-2017 at 11:18 AM. Reason: add tire pressure specs.
    Michael

2019 JD Z540R, 54" cutting deck w/MulchControl™
    1984 JD 750 Tractor
    1971 JD 15 Chainsaw, ← hasn't run since ~1975

Also have a bunch of other useless stuff.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements