• 1 Post By xcopterdoc

Thread: z645 Questions

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    09-12-2017 @ 03:29 PM
    Thanks

Question z645 Questions

Hello,

I did a couple of searches for Z645, Z645 slowing down and Z645 not turning left. But I didn't come up with much.

I've had this mower for maybe 4 years now and only about 200 hours on it or so. It's been a great mower for the most part. I've only had some minor issues and I chaulk them up to me more doing silly things more than anything.

I've changed the oil, and greased the fittings that I can see. I've also had to swap out the switch twice. I think mostly because i Left it outside for two years of it's life. I also have changed the blades.

The problem I'm having now:
    • Slow to turn left. have to use the right stick more so.. then it will finally turn if that makes sense
    • The overall speed is slower now
    • pulling both sticks back will make it go in reverser but trying to turn in reverse is only effective going in one direction

Hard to explain.

Looking for advice on where to start looking. The hydraulic fluid doesn't seem to be low. It's on the line

Just a little lost, Thank you in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:01 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,104 Times in 3,026 Posts
    Welcome to GTT.

Does this mower have dual wheel motors and pumps?
    Dual filters?

Also found this...
    http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...ro-issues.html
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD,
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks for the response, spent another hour cutting today, It's got one reservoir and two separate motors at the wheels. With one Hydro pump.

I noticed today that the fluid is on the the low marker. I'll swap out the fluid and possible the filter if I can find the part number. If I can't find it online I'll call the local dealer.

Thank you again.

Aha! found it

AM141585 . Hydraulic filter
    Last edited by sawillia; 07-29-2017 at 08:25 PM.
    Gizmo2 likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks
    Here is what i've been doing, I've done all the PM on the mower. New Blades, Oil, Hydro oil and filters.

It might be my perception but it I don't think it helped a whole lot.

I'm wondering if there is something, that needs to be adjusted out. Does anyone have a maintenance guide for this mower?

Thank you,

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:18 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sawillia View Post
    Here is what i've been doing, I've done all the PM on the mower. New Blades, Oil, Hydro oil and filters.

It might be my perception but it I don't think it helped a whole lot.

I'm wondering if there is something, that needs to be adjusted out. Does anyone have a maintenance guide for this mower?

Thank you,
    The owner's manual is freely available on John Deere's website which will include basic maint tasks.

http://manuals.deere.com

There is a service manual but you have to buy that one and it is protected by copywrite laws so you won't find anyone here sharing it. Not saying it is impossible to find on the web elsewhere but I would imagine it is going to be tough to find being it isn't a real common machine. Not like say a 318. Personally I haven't looked for them as I buy the service manual when I am maintaining them. In that manual would be a troubleshooting guide.

JD Z950R 60" Deck with DFS Collection System

JD X585, 54C deck,
    CTC Model X4750 F.E.L - Modified Imp Pressure Relief from 900 to 1175PSI, Power Flow and MC519 cart, 54-inch Quick-Hitch Front Blade, 47-inch Quick-Hitch Snow Blower, 3-pt hitch, HF Quick Hitch, Heavy Hitch, 48" box blade/rear blade, Dethacher, 3pt Sprayer

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 01:47 PM
    Thanks
    I would talk to your dealer and ask them about doing a pump flow test. This will narrow it down quick.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk
    Gizmo2 likes this.

9. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements