Installing Inner Tubes in 22 x11-10 rear tires on Z710A

Thread: Installing Inner Tubes in 22 x11-10 rear tires on Z710A

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    11-12-2019 @ 10:11 AM
    Thanks

Installing Inner Tubes in 22 x11-10 rear tires on Z710A

I ran into a little rear tire problem today when I had to add air to the left rear tire. When I check the tire for the correct tire PSI, a glob of what I would call "slime" came out of the value stem... meaning someone has filled the tire with this crap like stuff to try and seal a tire leak.
    I bought this Ztrak with 37 hours and I would guess the previous owner added this "slime" stuff in the tires.

So, my thought are at present is to install inner tubes...

Question: Has anyone had any difficulties removing the tire from these rims in their own shop/garage? I have a good size tire changer that I have used on installing car/truck tires and have no problems with the tire changer. However, these wide rims from a Ztrak is not a car or truck tire rim.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    03-02-2019 @ 07:20 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kbeaag View Post
    I ran into a little rear tire problem today when I had to add air to the left rear tire. When I check the tire for the correct tire PSI, a glob of what I would call "slime" came out of the value stem... meaning someone has filled the tire with this crap like stuff to try and seal a tire leak.
    I bought this Ztrak with 37 hours and I would guess the previous owner added this "slime" stuff in the tires.

So, my thought are at present is to install inner tubes...

Question: Has anyone had any difficulties removing the tire from these rims in their own shop/garage? I have a good size tire changer that I have used on installing car/truck tires and have no problems with the tire changer. However, these wide rims from a Ztrak is not a car or truck tire rim.
    Sometimes lawn equipment tires to small to fit on a regular car tire machine. The one power sports dealer I worked at had a manual changer. Basically a stand attached to the floor for holding the rim.

I would just leave them tires alone unless they are causing you some other problem. That goop is going to be a PITA to remove from the inside of the tire. The steel wheel is usually a little easier. If they are dry rotten just get a new set.
    2014 X540 with HDAP tires, 54" deck, brush guard, arm rests and cargo bag.
    JD 48" plow with angle from seat kit & heavy duty skid shoes.
    4 suitcase weights and chains.
    JD tow behind spreader.
    JD 42" lawn sweeper.
    JD 10P cart.
    JD JS61 RWD walk behind mower.
    Stihl KM110 power head with pole saw, shaft extension, power scythe, curved shaft edger, 2 straight shaft cutters (string & blade).
    Stihl MS180-CBE 16" saw.
    Stihl SH86C hand held blower vac.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    11-04-2019 @ 11:24 AM
    Thanks
    Somepeople install slime as a preventive measure when the tire is installed. If the tires aren't leaking and requiring weekly top ups I would just leave it. The only time I run tubes is when the tires are dry rotted and have lots of small leaks but I don't want to throw it away as it still has lots of tread left. Or if the rim is old and rusty and after cleaning it with a wire wheel and using rim sealer it still has bead leaks I'll consider using a tube.

I prefer not to run tubes because if I do get a puncture I just pop a tire plug into it while still on the machine and carry on.
    F932-gas with 72" mower deck(sold)
    2720-72" mower deck with hydraulic lift, 3 valve rear SCV, loader, bucket, forks, 84" RFM, blade, 74" snow blower, box blade, land grader........
    2305- sold
    Z915B

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements