• 1 Post By clayh
  • 1 Post By xcopterdoc

Thread: Bagging system for Z915b?

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    08-20-2018 @ 03:38 PM
    Thanks

Bagging system for Z915b?

Got one? Love it or hate it? And can you dump it from your seat?
    Jen

ZTrack Z915B
    2016 4052R with H165 loader
    iMatch hitch, Frontier box scrape, 6' disc harrow, 4' alternating tine aerator
    55 gal sprayer

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    11-04-2019 @ 11:24 AM
    Thanks
    Have one, came with the machine when I bought it. Has a vacuum attachment that runs on a pulley on the mower deck and blows into two large bags hanging on the back. You have to get off and manually dumps the bags. The chute is prone to plugging up.

I used it once just to try it out and make sure it worked and then removed it from the machine, its about a 5min procedure to take on and off. I'm just not a bagging person. Have way too much mowing to be bothered with that. I keep meaning to sell it but never got around to it.....
    Stablenickers likes this.
    F932-gas with 72" mower deck(sold)
    2720-72" mower deck with hydraulic lift, 3 valve rear SCV, loader, bucket, forks, 84" RFM, blade, 74" snow blower, box blade, land grader........
    2305- sold
    Z915B

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:50 AM
    Thanks
    The dealer I work for sells the Peco brand. All metal and dump from the seat. The most popular model we sell has a separate engine to run the impeller that sucks up the discharge. Many of our commercial cutters use them. Deere makes a couple different models also.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk
    Stablenickers likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    08-20-2018 @ 03:38 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xcopterdoc View Post
    The dealer I work for sells the Peco brand. All metal and dump from the seat. The most popular model we sell has a separate engine to run the impeller that sucks up the discharge. Many of our commercial cutters use them. Deere makes a couple different models also.
    Hmm. Hubster feels like it’s too much time and not necessary. The more I Head toward organic gardening, the more I think some thatch is good, too much is a problem. I probably couldn’t talk Hubster into any of them if they weren’t Deere but the cost is ridiculous.
    Jen

ZTrack Z915B
    2016 4052R with H165 loader
    iMatch hitch, Frontier box scrape, 6' disc harrow, 4' alternating tine aerator
    55 gal sprayer

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:42 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stablenickers View Post
    Got one? Love it or hate it? And can you dump it from your seat?
    I started looking at the Z915B but ended up with a Z950R for a couple reasons.

The main one was I was replacing the mowing duties of my X585 so it would be a dedicated FEL in the warmer months and snow removal in the winter. If I didn't get a collection system, that would mean I would still have to mount the mower deck for fall leaf cleanup. We have some hills and mowing with the FEL can be a bit tricky as it raises the CG of the machine too much. I wanted the FEL on during fall clean up because I compost the leaves so I need to be able to manage the piles. Doing this with a belly deck is an issue.

I also don't want bags because it is more work to get off and dump each bag into a big pile anyhow. Much faster with a DFS system. I also wanted JD brand so I could roll it all into the 0% for 60mo financing. So I went with their collection system. Now I don't pickup clippings all year just in the fall. So the powerflow head is put on and taken off depending on time of year. This adds a lot of weight to the deck. Part of the installation process if you have a B/E/M is to adjust the spring assist so you can lift the deck with the foot lift pedal. You don't have to do that on the R series because it has a hydraulic deck lift. There are some draw backs for having the hydro deck lift but if you have a collection system that is going on and off the machine it is a benefit. The other thing to keep in mind is that the powerflow head saps about 2HP to drive it. Combine that with my hills and I wanted a bit more power to drive the 60" deck and collection system. Even with the 27HP I still bog it down at times.

It also just happened that the dealer had a demo machine which was a Z950R that had the collection system already on it that they sold as new and were willing to deal on. So it worked out perfect for me.

It sounds like you already have a Z915B and it will run a collection system but I opted for the bigger machine and the hydro deck lift to make my life a little easier.

If I have any complaints, it is hard to tell when the hopper is empty and it fills fast. It is quick to dump but if you over fill it you have to get off anyhow and reach up inside to clean it out. It also adds a lot of equipment out back and you have to be careful around trees and such. Never had that issue with the collection system on the X585.

Hope that helps.

JD Z950R 60" Deck with DFS Collection System

JD X585, 54C deck,
    CTC Model X4750 F.E.L - Modified Imp Pressure Relief from 900 to 1175PSI, Power Flow and MC519 cart, 54-inch Quick-Hitch Front Blade, 47-inch Quick-Hitch Snow Blower, 3-pt hitch, HF Quick Hitch, Heavy Hitch, 48" box blade/rear blade, Dethacher, 3pt Sprayer

8. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements